[1.3.1] Carrier Vessel Expansion (CVX) [ver 0.13.1]

Eskandare

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

You really need rigid attachment for motor joints, the torque required to move these large ships overpower the normal flexible joint and strain it to the point it breaks, while rigid attachment is a less than perfect solution it is the only one I've found that works.

Tried the rigid attachment, but it makes the whole ship stop working for some reason...

14 minutes ago, jrolson said:

Tried the rigid attachment, but it makes the whole ship stop working for some reason...

That makes no sense at all,  the only function of rigidifying a part joint is simply to take the elastic property out, there must be something else occurring other than just the engines dropping off....

18 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

straight down like  an elevator, fortunately hullbreach cleared up the mess at 200mtrs, it was already at .7 though so that was a contributing factor,

I think it helped me with my size and mass.

38 minutes ago, LionGuy said:

I am having issues none of the parts are showing up please for the love of god don't post link to some forum is there like a video or some thing i can watch instead

The parts work in 1.0.5 / 1.1.3 and 1.2 without issue. You maybe simply skipping over them. Just open a cfg look at the part name and search your parts in game for that name. Everything is displayed alphabetically. If it's installed correctly it will show up trust us :)

50 minutes ago, LionGuy said:

I am having issues none of the parts are showing up please for the love of god don't post link to some forum is there like a video or some thing i can watch instead

Just as @V8jester had said, the parts are searchable  via manufactuer "eskandare" I also added key words; carrier, rudder and screw should work. The big thing is corract installation, and this is the same with any mod. I had made sure that the folder tree was correct in this build. Remember GameData is to be installed in the Kerbal Space Program folder.

Note: I always hate calling them folders, they are called  directories because they direct to an index of files. Ok that just dated me.

Edited by Eskandare

I am having an issue where if I spawn a vehicle in or get anywhere near the carrier it explodes... This has been happening with any large naval ships from several mods. Also, none of the buttons in the GUI are showing so I cannot use any of the moving parts on the carrier, it acts like the carrier has no crew when it has plenty. Any thoughts?

Edit: I have found that the ships are not just exploding, parts go flying in to space and shoot far out of the solar system 0.0

Edited by MayRose
Update

17 minutes ago, MayRose said:

I am having an issue where if I spawn a vehicle in or get anywhere near the carrier it explodes... This has been happening with any large naval ships from several mods. Also, none of the buttons in the GUI are showing so I cannot use any of the moving parts on the carrier, it acts like the carrier has no crew when it has plenty. Any thoughts?

You've obviously got bigger problems than just ships exploding, large ships now need unbreakable joints to be switched on from the cheat menu,  but as for the rest a zipped and linked log file would help and provide a quicker solution than just guessing :)

23 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

You've obviously got bigger problems than just ships exploding, large ships now need unbreakable joints to be switched on from the cheat menu,  but as for the rest a zipped and linked log file would help and provide a quicker solution than just guessing :)

Okay, here's the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebje4j2vj4e0qyu/KSP log.zip?dl=0

I have a feeling I'm doing a lot of things wrong ^^'.

Edited by MayRose
Grammatical Error

25 minutes ago, MayRose said:

I have a feeling I'm doing a lot of things wrong ^^'.

Well straight away the exploding ships are easily explained   1.1.3.1260 is your KSP version and comes with a boat hating physics glitch.   Next you have a serious module manager issue caused i believe by having at least a dozen versions of module manger installed, delete all the old ones as you need ONE, the latest one for 1.1.3 and just leave it in the GameData folder as a naked DLL and you will be fine. You have a similar amount of Mini AVC dlls  you only need one of those too, delete all the oldest ones. 

In fact I'd go so far as to say that's the most broken game I've seen in ages, clear up all those extra dlls as mentioned re run the game and lets have another log. although it's so horrible that I'd like to see a purge, some of those mods are not playing nice at all, but due to the main issue it's difficult to tell whats causing what

In fact I'd go so far as to say that's the most broken game I've seen in ages, clear up all those extra dlls as mentioned re run the game and lets have another log. although it's so horrible that I'd like to see a purge, some of those mods are not playing nice at all, but due to the main issue it's difficult to tell whats causing what

Yep, I was afraid of that >.<. I feel like a complete and utter dumbass, my apologies for that. I fixed the physics issue with Kerbal Joint Reinforcement and am doing the rest right now. One question though, each of the MiniAVC.dlls are in their respective mod directories. You want me to delete all but one of them, but should they be somewhere else?

Edited by MayRose

29 minutes ago, MayRose said:

You want me to delete all but one of them, but should they be somewhere else?

My personal choice with this is to..like the ModuleManager  just have one in the GameData folder, but one anywhere in GameData folders will work fine.  And dont worry about being a dumbass we all started somewhere, and mod hygiene is learned with experience

4 minutes ago, SpaceToad said:

So why does the carrier break instantly on spawn? The rudder, screws, and cabin literally just fall off :/

Wasnt an issue before 1.2...

Toggle on unbreakable joints,  1.2's ship kraken is subtle compared to 1.1.3 but still with us. Rigid connection on is also good for your drives etc

And on reflection I'd rather have the real KJR than squads interpretation of it thanks, in this case the mod wins hands down

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

My personal choice with this is to..like the ModuleManager  just have one in the GameData folder, but one anywhere in GameData folders will work fine.  And dont worry about being a dumbass we all started somewhere, and mod hygiene is learned with experience

So after deleting the module managers, the mods that came with a different version of module manager stop working. The whole reason that I kept so many was because of the fact that the mods simply wouldn't work without them. That sounds like it would mess things up but for some reason that's how it has worked for me. 

59 minutes ago, MayRose said:

So after deleting the module managers, the mods that came with a different version of module manager stop working. The whole reason that I kept so many was because of the fact that the mods simply wouldn't work without them. That sounds like it would mess things up but for some reason that's how it has worked for me. 

Now you didn't install the latest version of module manager did you ~? as that was for 1.2 But otherwise there is no reason why the 1.1.3 MM in the GameData folder will not work, it works for everybody else. Besides which that's not how module manager works, it  puts a patch where the cfg tells it to and thats it, if there is a patch that goes with the MM in the downloaded mod, that patch will work no matter where MM is located (as long as it is in GameData and you did not delete all the patches too)

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Now you didn't install the latest version of module manager did you ~?

As a matter of fact I did, I installed MM 2.7.2 and still have the effects that I told you I had. It loads all of the mods but several stop working; upon loading a craft made with mods or otherwise, the loading window does not go away as it should when said ship is selected. Tweakscaled parts appear back in their original size, I can load as many craft as I want and they all load into the VAB/SPH together. No matter what, when I press launch all the buttons in the editor will go dim like they are all permanently pressed and I can no longer press a single one. So it effectively leaves me in the craft editor unable to do anything.

Those ships that do load and the window does not go away, they are corrupted vessel files, i don't know how it happens, but can happen when you have mod trouble.  Regardless, this problem is way bigger than should be discussed in a mods thread, I'd advise taking it to the modded installs trouble shooting where time can be spent without hogging someone elses pages. MM 272 is only for 1.2 it will NOT work in 1.1.3 at all

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

On 10/13/2016 at 1:07 PM, LionGuy said:

Hmm i saw a arrestor hook thingie.Is it for show or is thier really a catapult and arrestor hook system on the carrier of yes give the link and the kraken shall spare you.

It's from infinite dice's old boat parts pack, not in his current release, it's purely for looks it doesn't actually function

11 hours ago, snowwalker said:

@Eskandarewill the CV-9 Essex be the modified angled runway or straight deck, can you make a WW2 variant of the CV-9 Essex with the straight deck and not angled and the angled version? That would be awesome for my obsession of WW2 Aircraft Carriers.

No promises, but I'll look into it. My current model is of the USS Hornet after the angled deck refit. I chose this vessel because I live very close to it and can take pictures to make as close of a model while still making it Kerbal and fun, and because Kerbal Space Program is a space simulator and why not have the vessel that recovered the Apollo 11 capsule in the game. :D

Edited by Eskandare

10 hours ago, Eskandare said:

No promises, but I'll look into it. My current model is of the USS Hornet after the angled deck refit. I chose this vessel because I live very close to it and can take pictures to make as close of a model while still making it Kerbal and fun, and because Kerbal Space Program is a space simulator and why not have the vessel that recovered the Apollo 11 capsule in the game. :D

thanks a lot i have one of your aircraft carriers sitting in the water near the runway and the recnt bug fixed were amazing to where it wont jump up when rendering and doesn't shade the screen anymore, but i can notice the very weak tower and i was forced to take it off the aircraft carrier because every time i added it into the game the tower would fall off  ;-;. will this be fixed in the future? i also really appreciate how you made this aircraft carrier with so little parts, my computer can actualy handle it now.   :D

5 hours ago, snowwalker said:

thanks a lot i have one of your aircraft carriers sitting in the water near the runway and the recnt bug fixed were amazing to where it wont jump up when rendering and doesn't shade the screen anymore, but i can notice the very weak tower and i was forced to take it off the aircraft carrier because every time i added it into the game the tower would fall off  ;-;. will this be fixed in the future? i also really appreciate how you made this aircraft carrier with so little parts, my computer can actualy handle it now.   :D

Your tower issue is due to the new KSP node attachment system. You have to use rigid attachment and autostruts.. Just try to make due until KJR is updated. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.