Low Expectations Inc

Electr0ninja

Updated,

New stuff:

Added nice new GUI to the Engineer Assist Module(allows multiple modules per ship )

Added radial mount Engineer Assist Module.

Added Cycle rate for Auto-Jettison.

Edited by Electr0ninja
Thank you so much squad for having unique part instance ids

New Ideas for additions people inspired or directly suggested: Comments Welcome

• Burn start time indicator for engineer assist, I already figured out the math weeks ago just by coincidence.
  • Possible auto-burn functionality(low precision, but better than burning by hand for hours)
  • Ablative nosecone idea fully developed, ready to give it a shot in the next couple days.
  • Solar panels shaped to fit onto wings.
  • Smoke emitters for rockets on the pad to simulate o2 boil off.(Purely aesthetic)
  • Radial Fuel Tanks

Edited by Electr0ninja

Dude, I would love to have help with it, all the parts are currently textured but as soon as we have a new one planned I will send you the model and uv map if you want to texture it.

You will need blender if you don't have it currently.(it is free) Just so you can see what parts of the texture correlate to which parts of the model.

Edit: or if you want to try with one of the models that already exists, and feel like replacing the texture, I am totally for it, I am not the best texture artist.

Edited by Electr0ninja

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick heads up, when downloading from ckan get a corrupt download error. Tried several times yday & today, happens every time, anyone else having this issue?

Just a quick heads up, when downloading from ckan get a corrupt download error. Tried several times yday & today, happens every time, anyone else having this issue?

thanks for your work, i'll test your mod next game i start. :)

yes, me too. it's downloading, its same archive size as manual download. i reported it as ckan issue on their site. https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/4740

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/24/2016 at 5:43 AM, Electr0ninja said:

1.2 Compatible(If you find a bug please report it here)

http://i.imgur.com/obAkqTc.png

Low Expectations Inc is a part pack with all the parts you never knew you wanted. This is my first mod/pack so any feedback is welcome.

Feel free to work on this mod either with me or on your lonesome, currently I am looking for someone who can do stock-a-like textures.

Part suggestions are welcome.

All Rights Reserved , If you wish to use bits of this for your own projects just feel free to message me on the forums, I will most likely be happy to help.

Download: http://spacedock.info/mod/957/Low Expectations Inc

Screenshots:

F04HFxR.png

Parts Left to Right: 45 degree adapter(1.25meter) , Resource Jettison Module, Engineer Assist Inline Module, Modular Girder Adapter(0.625meter), Radial Engineer Assist Module, Ablative Nose Cone(may need work), Mk2 Radial Fuel Tank.

Looking for a file-share to put the source code/models/uvmaps/textures for modders. Any suggestions welcome.

Changelog:

Reveal hidden contents

0.1 Release.

0.2 Fixed adapter node angle.

0.3 Fixed graphics glitch from the unity model port.

0.32 Fixed UV map flip inversion for anyone who wants to make a texture, it should now be about 100x easier. (this also removed a small graphics issue.)

0.33 Added new Modular Girder to 0.625m adapter.

0.4 Added new Engineer Assist Module (0.625m) right click part to access information.

0.48 EXPERIMENTAL, ADDING TEXTURE SOON.

0.5 All Parts textures and fine tuned. game play "ready". Still working on mirror placement issues with the 45 adapter.(they work, but you will find yourself reattaching base pieces a lot.)(Radial works fine.)

0.52 Re-textured the Engineer Assist Module, cleaned up the engineer assist display, added auto-jettison for the jettison module, and got 95% of the mirror symmetry stuff working for the 45 adapter.

0.56 Added Radial Engineer Assist Module, Added gui for the Engineer Assist Module, Added cycle rate option for Auto-Jettison.

0.6 Added Auto-Burn Function for Engineer Assist. Added Ablative Nose Cone. Added Radial Mk2 Fuel Tank/Engine Mount

0.62 Checked for Compatibility with 1.2 and tweaked the nose cone a little, may still need work.

Put it up on Github

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, I have been busy as of late.

I just ran a test and the mod ,as it sits, works in the 1.2.2 Build.

I will update the files soon so do not fret.

I also have it on github, I can give you a link if you want, I will direct message it upon request. @linuxgurugamer

Also if anyone knows of a good license and how to use it, I would most likely enact its use.

Edited by Electr0ninja

5 hours ago, Electr0ninja said:

Sorry for the delay, I have been busy as of late.

I just ran a test and the mod ,as it sits, works in the 1.2.2 Build.

I will update the files soon so do not fret.

I also have it on github, I can give you a link if you want, I will direct message it upon request. @linuxgurugamer

Also if anyone knows of a good license and how to use it, I would most likely enact its use.

MIT or GPLv3 are both good.  To use, simply include it and add to OP

I appreciate the ping, anything you want me to do?  ie: add to ckan?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer Do you know if there is a license that is basically GPLv3, but requires author permission to re-publish?

I don't mind people changing it, but I would prefer to make sure it works before it is released. I do my best to keep my projects bug free.

I have been hunting for one but I just haven't found one yet.

Can I just modify that part of the license, or is that gonna break things?

Like I could easily just remove the word publish from the MIT license, and it would be perfect.

Edited by Electr0ninja

7 hours ago, Electr0ninja said:

@linuxgurugamer Do you know if there is a license that is basically GPLv3, but requires author permission to re-publish?

I don't mind people changing it, but I would prefer to make sure it works before it is released. I do my best to keep my projects bug free.

I have been hunting for one but I just haven't found one yet.

Can I just modify that part of the license, or is that gonna break things?

Like I could easily just remove the word publish from the MIT license, and it would be perfect.

Then you want an All Rights Reserved license, or possibly a CC license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/, you can use their license chooser, but this one seems like what you want:  http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

If you do that, could you then add a clause which basically says that if you aren't around for a certain period of time, that the license then changes to a much more permissive one, such as this: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/

While I respect licenses, I dislike those which basically say that if the writer goes away, then everybody is up the creek without a paddle.  Too many mods have died because of this, when they are fairly easy to fix.

All License and source Information is Updated, I will be working more on this mod in the following weeks aswell.

I am not sure what I will add, but it will be fun. If you have any suggestions feel free to suggest them.

Ideas I currently have that may be a bad idea:

1. My own take on a couple surface lights.
  2. square strut to hexagonal probe adapter.
  3. square strut to octagonal probe adapter.
  4. Inline ballast tank for simulating payloads or just making submarines.
  5. Adding the logo as an in-game flag.

@linuxgurugamer

Thankyou for the help. And you can post the mod to Ckan if you wish, although I do not know how Ckan works since it is a windows only thing.

Edited by Electr0ninja

20 minutes ago, Electr0ninja said:

All License and source Information is Updated, I will be working more on this mod in the following weeks aswell.

I am not sure what I will add, but it will be fun. If you have any suggestions feel free to suggest them.

Ideas I currently have that may be a bad idea:

1. My own take on a couple surface lights.
  2. square strut to hexagonal probe adapter.
  3. square strut to octagonal probe adapter.
  4. Inline ballast tank for simulating payloads or just making submarines.
  5. Adding the logo as an in-game flag.

@linuxgurugamer

Thankyou for the help. And you can post the mod to Ckan if you wish, although I do not know how Ckan works since it is a windows only thing.

I'll get it submitted this evening.  CKAN is not windows-only, it is cross platform, and since it's c#, it is also cross platform

Congrats, and thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.