[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

Cover

KIS introduces new gameplay mechanics by adding a brand new inventory system and EVA usables items as tools. You want to build a rover on Duna from scratch? Or you've forgot to attach a solar panel to the planetary station? With KIS it's not a problem!

>>> Support me at Patreon if you like the mod!

Kerbal Inventory System (KIS)

The mod offers container parts of various size to deliver spare parts to the orbit or at the construction site.

• Tiny containers for light-weight rockets.
  • Big containers for serious projects.
  • Mk3 containers for really big constructions ideas!

Kerbals now have own backpack to hold small items, and some of them can be equipped on the model. AR goggles? Fancy hat? Or, maybe, a completely new helmet?! It's all possible now!

With special tools (provided by the mod) kerbals now can modifying teh existing vessels by adding or removing parts. It's even possible to build a whole new vessel from scratch!

* Goggles, hats and helmets are provided by the third-party mods. E.g. "Kerbal Props".

Demo media

Languages supported

Русский Русский

Italiano Italiano

Español Español

简体中文 简体中文

Português Português

Français Français

Support

You can support this and the other of my mods on Patreon. This is where I post my ideas, prototypes and the features development progress.

Other useful mods for EVA

If you want doing EVA comfortably, you really should consider adding these mods as well:

How to install

• Recommended:
    • Install and run CKAN.
    • Search for "Kerbal Inventory System" or just "KIS", then install the mod.
    • Occasionally run CKAN client to update KIS (and other mods) to the latest version.
    • If you follow this path, then all the KIS dependencies will be updated automatically. It may save you a lot of time during the update.
  • Manual:
    • Download the ZIP archive:
    • If you have an older version of the mod in your game, you must delete all the old files first! Do not just copy over, this will likely result in compatibility issues.
    • Unzip the release archive into the game's GameData folder.
      • Note, that names of the folders must be exactly like in the archive or the mod won't work.
      • The release archive contains the minimum versions of the required dependencies: ModuleManager and CommunityCatgeoryKit. If your game has better versions, do not overwrite!
    • Verify the installation: the mod's LICENSE.md file must be located at <game root>/GameData/KIS/LICENSE.md.
  • If you don't want seeing the fun parts in your game, you can remove them:
    • Find file remove_fun_part_patch.txt in the mod's folder.
    • Rename it into remove_fun_part_patch.cfg.
    • Move it one level up in the directory structure (into the GameData folder).
    • Now the fun parts won't show up even if you update the mod.

This mod was originally created by @KospY. I took responsibility on it when we agreed with the original author that I can drive it forward. And I am! The original forum thread can be found here.

Edited by IgorZ

1 hour ago, AliceTheGorgon said:

It seems that the EVA-11 Fuel Canisters no longer do anything after the update to KSP 1.2.

I did a quick test from the launchpad with hacked gravity, and while the menu for the tanks appears, and you can click "Refuel", the tank doesn't lose any fuel, and the Kerbal doesn't gain any fuel.

The only mods installed where KIS 1.3.0 and ModuleManager 2.7.2.

Thanks for the report. I've created a bug. Will also appreciated a KSP.log.

53 minutes ago, omelaw said:

maybe we can move containers to payload section?

It could. Created an FR.

@IgorZ Do you know if it is possible to use a MM patch to make changes to the KIS settings file?  Here is the patch I'm trying to use to add parts to the stackable override which isn't working.  I don't know if it's not working because I'm doing it wrong or if you only check the settings file once.

@KISConfig[KISConfig]
{
	@StackableItemOverride[]
	{
		partName = USI_DeomlitionBlock
	}	
}

FYI, the part is spelled correctly and works when added directly to the settings file.  Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Tarheel1999 said:

@IgorZ Do you know if it is possible to use a MM patch to make changes to the KIS settings file?  Here is the patch I'm trying to use to add parts to the stackable override which isn't working.  I don't know if it's not working because I'm doing it wrong or if you only check the settings file once.

@KISConfig[KISConfig]
{
	@StackableItemOverride[]
	{
		partName = USI_DeomlitionBlock
	}	
}

FYI, the part is spelled correctly and works when added directly to the settings file.  Thanks in advance.

Yes, KIS settings can be easily adjusted via MM. See how your case was done here.

Hi,
im setting up my 1.2 install, and after installing KIS i found some notifications in KSP.log

Spoiler

[LOG 14:35:02.125] Loading UI sounds for KIS...
[LOG 14:35:02.126] Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/bipwrong
[ERR 14:35:02.126] Cannot locate clip: KIS/Sounds/bipwrong

[LOG 14:35:02.127] Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/click
[ERR 14:35:02.127] Cannot locate clip: KIS/Sounds/click

[LOG 14:35:02.128] Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/attachScrewdriver
[ERR 14:35:02.128] Cannot locate clip: KIS/Sounds/attachScrewdriver

i went to the Gamefolder and found the "missing" Ogg's, they are named correctly and at the right place...

51 minutes ago, whaaw said:

i went to the Gamefolder and found the "missing" Ogg's, they are named correctly and at the right place...

probably just an error that is similar to the "missing texture" of some game objects that pops up here and there in the log. Harmless

13 hours ago, whaaw said:

Hi,
im setting up my 1.2 install, and after installing KIS i found some notifications in KSP.log

Hide contents

[LOG 14:35:02.125] Loading UI sounds for KIS...
[LOG 14:35:02.126] Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/bipwrong
[ERR 14:35:02.126] Cannot locate clip: KIS/Sounds/bipwrong

[LOG 14:35:02.127] Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/click
[ERR 14:35:02.127] Cannot locate clip: KIS/Sounds/click

[LOG 14:35:02.128] Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/attachScrewdriver
[ERR 14:35:02.128] Cannot locate clip: KIS/Sounds/attachScrewdriver

https://github.com/KospY/KIS/issues/129

1 hour ago, DanGer said:

Got a weird issue with 1.2. Using the Wrench i cant attach any parts to nodes anymore. Have not got the Screwdriver yet in my new game.. Any hints? Wont even show nodes.

IIRC, the wrench was never able to node attach just surface attach. 

Edited by ExplorerKlatt
Correct spelling

I know this is a little bit of a silly request, but is there a way to change the pressure required to take off helmets? I have some stations/ships with "fake" interiors that I'd like to be able to float around in helmet-free.

and thanks for maintaining this mod :)

Edited by BaconOnARock

21 minutes ago, BaconOnARock said:

I know this is a little bit of a silly request, but is there a way to change the pressure required to take off helmets? I have some stations/ships with "fake" interiors that I'd like to be able to float around in helmet-free.

Wrong mod. Try Texture Replacer. 

59 minutes ago, Tarheel1999 said:

Wrong mod. Try Texture Replacer. 

doesnt this mod allow you to take off helmets too? i do have texture replacer, but even if i can change required pressure for texture replacer it would disable my jetpack, which is why i was wondering if i can with this mod.

Edited by BaconOnARock

1 hour ago, BaconOnARock said:

Change value of breathableAtmoPressure in KIS settings file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.