Galileo

[KSP 1.3] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.5.1] [8 Sept 2017]

Recommended Posts

Galileo    4890
Just now, MaxL_1023 said:

Thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to plant a flag on Tellumo and get the Kerbal back to Gael. When the delta-v map says "????" you know it's a challenge. 

Well the dV map is still in its alpha stage so it is a wip. :)  but yeah either way...  It's gonna be tough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to plant a flag on Tellumo and get the Kerbal back to Gael. When the delta-v map says "????" you know it's a challenge. 

Hello,

For me not having a Dv chart makes it that much more fun, the realism of having to figure out all that information myself.

@Galileo Thank you and everyone else involved for this wonderful mod!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fobok    55

So glad to see this is officially released! I've been kind of absent due to some issues keeping me from KSP, but going to download this and officially start my new campaign now. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ohm Machre    34

Just wanting to mention that at least Ceti is still very lag-heavy. I have only put in DistantObject and PlanetShine from the download folder. Not sure what's going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ohm Machre    34

Okay, Icarus is also laggy for me. (I'm just cheat teleporting to planet orbits and deorbiting onto the surface.) I'm not sure what entirely is going on. Do I need to reduce my texture setting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RealGecko    496

AMMMMMAZING planet pack!

But is there a way to increase Ciro luminosity? Even at Icarus orbit it's too dark IMO:

KTMf6Ww.png

Edit: I'm not using any optional mods SVE, PS, DOE.

Edited by RealGecko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ohm Machre    34

Hm. It seems to be related to the number of parts in the immediate vicinity of the laggy bodies. A ~10-part ship (which is now 2, due to a botched landing) on ceta is giving me perfect 60 frames, whereas the 100-part ship I was using before gives me 10-15 FPS. Perhaps I just have too many mods. I wish I could use DX11 mode, see if that would help, but I don't want messed up planet surface textures lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galileo    4890
7 minutes ago, Ohm Machre said:

One last test for me. Is it the OPT Legacy parts?

No probably not..  I think I know what's causing it and I will upload the patch later today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ohm Machre    34

Hm. Well, at the very least, not using any Legacy parts and a 41-past craft gives me 35-45 FPS on Iota (in DX11 mode, because had to test it), so it may have been at least PARTIALLY the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smysha    46

Omg, that Elite: Dangerous styled system view. Looks amazing, good work there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tyko    535

@Galileo and team - Wow! This is beautiful! I can't wait to explore all the new locations.

Question - Could you please include an alternative to have KSC on the equator again? I totally get that the current location is more interesting and more "realistic". I just think that launching from Kerbin/Gael is done so many times during the course of a full playthrough. While the extra effort to achieve equatorial orbit may be interesting for the first dozen times, after that it's just adding more steps. I'm not saying change it for everyone, but only asking that you include an alternative.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galileo    4890
2 hours ago, tjt said:

@Galileo and team - Wow! This is beautiful! I can't wait to explore all the new locations.

Question - Could you please include an alternative to have KSC on the equator again? I totally get that the current location is more interesting and more "realistic". I just think that launching from Kerbin/Gael is done so many times during the course of a full playthrough. While the extra effort to achieve equatorial orbit may be interesting for the first dozen times, after that it's just adding more steps. I'm not saying change it for everyone, but only asking that you include an alternative.

Thanks!

Maybe in the future. Once I iron out everything. 

I have finished the tweaks to all celestial bodies for better performance. I will upload in the next few hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galileo    4890
8 hours ago, RealGecko said:

AMMMMMAZING planet pack!

But is there a way to increase Ciro luminosity? Even at Icarus orbit it's too dark IMO:

KTMf6Ww.png

Edit: I'm not using any optional mods SVE, PS, DOE.

Yes,  you can change the value in the Ciro.cfg 

You have to just play with it until you get the effect you want

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4d4Garrison    52

I have loved this mod since its development. The beautiful design of the planets and the challenge it adds to the stock game in many ways make it feel much more realistic. Also seeing the ammount of work that went into even the most minor details such as the density of the atmospheres using ideal gas laws ETC.

Here is my 2nd interplanetary probe to Tellumo:

Galileo Mod Pictures of Telemuno

Even on the lowest resolution it still looks really nice, I need to build a nice computer in order to experience it fully. :)

 

Galileo Mod Pictures of Telemuno

 

Edited by 4d4Garrison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galileo    4890
1 hour ago, 4d4Garrison said:

I am uploading a new version now that has better performance i hope. My computer is pretty beastly, so its difficult to see where the performance drop is.. i pretty sure i figured it out though... Thats what the Pre release was for, so others could tell me where things needed fixing, but i didn't get much negative feed back... so here i am, fixing things after a release :rolleyes:

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galileo    4890

UPDATE

v1.0.1 Performance Update

  • Adjusted the PQS and land scatter of each celestial body for better performance. (hopefully)

DOWNLOAD 

 

Please let me know if the performance is better 

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RealGecko    496
3 hours ago, Galileo said:

Yes,  you can change the value in the Ciro.cfg 

You have to just play with it until you get the effect you want

Changed sunlightIntensity and scaledSunlightIntensity to "1", much better now:

kYP751R.png

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ohm Machre    34

Took the ~100-part craft using OPT_Legacy parts to Iota, and performance is doubled!

 

Granted, it's still 20 FPS, but that's significant enough that I can play. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4d4Garrison    52
2 hours ago, Galileo said:

I am uploading a new version now that has better performance i hope. My computer is pretty beastly, so its difficult to see where the performance drop is.. i pretty sure i figured it out though... Thats what the Pre release was for, so others could tell me where things needed fixing, but i didn't get much negative feed back... so here i am, fixing things after a release :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update, as for performance I used to experience a lag spike at low alt around Iota (I hadn't been anywhere else in the system at the time) and as of yet I have only been to Tellumo and I have a mission heading to Nero so we will see how that mission's performance is. It should be awhile though as the encounter is in 17yrs. I saw that you said you fixed the Iota problem and after doing another Iota mission I can confirm the performance is normal now.

My computer specs: (Intel core I5-3210M CPU @ 2.50Ghz, 8.00Gb of installed Ram, a 64bit operating system) It is a four year old laptop so I am actually rather pleased with what it can handle. Once I build a nice $800-$1000 computer in earnest we shall see how the performance is but I bet it will hardly be an issue. 

Keep up the great work man!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DJ Reonic    49

@Galileo I've tried to take your Planet Pack on my KSP install and make it into a separate system that I could go explore. It didn't work out too well. Is there a way to edit the cfgs so the "Ciro" system can be a separate explorable system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galileo    4890
9 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

@Galileo I've tried to take your Planet Pack on my KSP install and make it into a separate system that I could go explore. It didn't work out too well. Is there a way to edit the cfgs so the "Ciro" system can be a separate explorable system?

This would have to be done with the mod Galactic Neighbors.  @Sigma88 will eventually add it when he has time.  He's a busy guy :)

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sigma88    1606
1 minute ago, Galileo said:

This would have to be done with the mod Galactic Neighbors.  @Sigma88 will eventually add it when he has time.  He's a busy guy :)

funny that you should mention that.

I just finished adding GPP compatibility to Galactic Neighborhood.

for now Ciro is just copied, if you want me to change the type of the star you feel free to let me know :)

 

you can take a look at the result by downloading the development branch of GN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galileo    4890
1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

funny that you should mention that.

I just finished adding GPP compatibility to Galactic Neighborhood.

for now Ciro is just copied, if you want me to change the type of the star you feel free to let me know :)

 

you can take a look at the result by downloading the development branch of GN

Did you happen to use the latest version?  I changed the cfgs a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now