Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

31 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Point to the foul language in my post, I'll wait.

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Greater Internet <curse>wad Theory

I never said you actually used foul language, I said that you used something close to it.  You even went so far as to direct people to find it on their own.  I also notice that you didn't answer my question as to whether or not you thought I was being rude.

29 minutes ago, LegendaryAce said:

@Jumba83Dude, you really need to stop. All this hostility and fighting pointed at both the mods AND the devs is counterproductive. You expect Squad to give you a fixed game, but at the same time you're all but crucifying them. Ever hear the saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you"? 

Trust me, I'm still quite livid at the state of the console version, but I've learned long ago that there's NOTHING I or you can do to fix it. All we can do is sit here, and hope that Squad makes right with the console community.

Have you ever heard the expression "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"?  I do not intend to sit idly by in the hopes that someone might eventually solve my problems.  I also have/had no intention of causing any harm or punishment towards SQUAD or any of their employees.  I think they have made a fantastic game, and I look forward to being able to experience it on the PS4.  They did, however, get themselves into this mess, and have given us very little transparency into what they are doing to make things right.

15 minutes ago, Jumba83 said:

I also notice that you didn't answer my question as to whether or not you thought I was being rude.

Not particularly.

37 minutes ago, monstah said:

@Red Iron Crown wanna take off the Moderation Mantle just for this thread, and let us keep an eye on things?

I would recuse myself from moderating a thread in which I'm an active participant as a matter of course.

5 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I would recuse myself from moderating a thread in which I'm an active participant as a matter of course.

I know you would, it seemed like your were doing the opposite, dropping the conversation in favor of moderating. 

@Red Iron CrownWell, to each his own I guess. Just figured that this "debate" was degenerating into pure anger. No harm in trying to play Peacekeeper, right?

@Everyone  Let's just all agree on the following:

1) The current state of the console version is abhorrent, and NEEDS to be fixed.

2) Squad has said they will fix it, and release a working version.

3) Fighting amongst each other and/or Squad staff is NOT productive.

4) Venting and/or ranting is acceptable, in moderation, and when not attacking others.

5) Squad WILL release the PS4 version when the new port is finished.

6) Take everything Squad says with a grain of salt. They obviously cannot give solid details regarding release dates. 

Is it so hard to follow these? I've already started to, and I was vehement a short while ago.

On 01/08/2017 at 2:04 PM, technicalfool said:

Much of the stuff in the changelogs is available on the wiki's Version History article here. You'll want to be looking at the changelogs for v1.1.1, v1.1.2, v1.1.3, v1.2, v1.2.1 and v1.2.2.

Thanks for this ^^^ 

This is what I (and I assume everyone) wants, I know this has probably been available for a while but it's never been made terribly clear if we were going to get a full 1.2 version.

With this in mind I would like to ask, with no dates involved, no guarantees, subject to change etc. Etc.

Will we be getting (apart from the modability section) all that is listed in this change log? Or, will some be left out due to hardware restrictions or other problems associated with Microsoft/Sony?

The reason I ask is because the debug menu with its "cheat"options would be a welcome tool for testing craft prior to launching a mission and also renaming kerbal would be a small but welcome indulgence

I have noticed that there is a lot of anger on this thread and I'd like to say to Squad and the moderator's that before you get too impatient with us, that the anger we manifest comes from a great love of a game that, for quite a long time, we've been unable to play to any extent. If we didn't care, we wouldn't get angry.im sure There have been several broken games in the past, that have barely produced a murmur.

I hope you will realise, that when we (eventually) get a decent, working version, that we the console players, are actually an amiable bunch with a great community.

☮️

Weekly time...

QA is playing a huge role on the current phase of the development of the updated version of KSP for consoles. As we’ve explained, we are currently putting the console builds under the most scrutinous testing we can with both the internal and external testing teams throwing everything at them. This close inspection has allowed us to detect even the smallest issues. For instance, the team recently found an interesting console bug, where going back to the Space Center will also revert a craft to the runway under some circumstances. This and any issue found is immediately and directly reported to our friends at Blitworks, who with the help and expertise from our team work to find a solution and implement it for the following builds. Additionally, at this point we can confirm that there will be partial support for the cheats menu on consoles, but not everything will work as it does on PC today. However, we will try to improve the support in future versions we release.

1 hour ago, Ineedaweapon said:

Additionally, at this point we can confirm that there will be partial support for the cheats menu on consoles

Awesome! Now if I want to, I can explore the Jool system with an Aerospike powered SR-71!

2 hours ago, Kerbuvim said:

Well, I'm ready for tomorrow's "we're working on it."

I can quote the first sentence almost verbatim.

"In other news, work on the console build continues at a good pace..."

Perhaps we'll see this update before the end of the year!

Read it and weep...

In other news, the upgraded version of KSP for consoles continues. This week specifically, the QA team worked their way through a growing list of Ready-To-Test fixes from Blitworks on the bugtracker, and discussing with design on how best to refine the various KSP controls and control modes for the console platforms. As you can imagine, the QA team provides the devs with very valuable input on this regard, since they spend a huge amount of hours playing these builds and all of them are already very experienced KSP players.

5 minutes ago, Ineedaweapon said:

Read it and weep...

Ahh. So vague. Just what I'm used to.

Would it kill them to give an estimate on how much is done? Not even when they'll release, but how far percentage wise they'd guess.

Oh, on a side note, next Wednesday marks 400 days since release.

Edited by LegendaryAce

4 minutes ago, LegendaryAce said:

Would it kill them to give an estimate on how much is done? Not even when they'll release, but how far percentage wise they'd guess.

If Astroneer had the physics of flying, I would have long spat on the KSP

15 minutes ago, Kerbuvim said:

If Astroneer had the physics of flying, I would have long spat on the KSP

Simpleplanes on iOS has pretty accurate astrophysics when you exceed altitudes over 250,000 feet. If Jundroo made it so the atmosphere changes and it looks like space, I'd ditch KSP on the spot.

2 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

Oh, on a side note, next Wednesday marks 400 days since release.

I'd settle for a solid date it won't be released by.  I mean if they know it won't be ready before November, then let us know. Then when they get closer to November and it still looks a few months off update it and say it won't be out before January and so on.  At least then we wouldn't be sitting in limbo waiting on a weekly update.

19 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

At least then we wouldn't be sitting in limbo waiting on a weekly update.

Lets apply some psychology to this.
Let's turn the proverbial switch in your head and saccept it won't be released until November. It requires a leap of faith but accept it will not be released any time soon and the eventual release will be disappointing. If it comes sooner and actually works (which I highly doubt) you'll be pleasantly surprised.

1 hour ago, cfds said:

One would think that planning out the controls was one of the first steps in the design phase...

Yeah this threw me a little bit.  A while back they were talking about it being in the final stages, now theyre saying theyre still working on the controls?  Perhaps theyre making it in reverse?

Edited by Ineedaweapon

2 minutes ago, Ineedaweapon said:

Yeah this threw me a little bit.  A while back they were talking about it being in the final stages, now theyre saying theyre still working on the controls?  Perhaps theyre making it in reverse?

Who knows. This whole ordeal has been nothing short of a disaster.