[1.9-1.10] Global Construction

allista

48 minutes ago, RandomKerbal said:

May I know what's the difference between this and extraplanetary launchpads?

Effectively, they both do the same thing. Both differ in how they achieve it and offer some additional functionality that the other doesn't have (EL's recycling bins and survey stakes, GC's space crane and magnetic dampers).

In my opinion, GC is a lot easier to use than EL and doesn't come with as many additional parts whereas EL "looks" a bit more realistic, maybe.

Disclaimer: I mostly use GC for all my off-Kerbin construction needs because it's the mod I found first. I tinkered with EL but never actually launched a craft with it, yet.

So, if I understand correctly, if I have the right resources (specialized parts, et cetera) I can use blueprints to construct a DIY kit on-site, meaning I don't have to physically ship anything from Kerbin. I'm a bit unclear on how to actually do that, though. Could somebody point me in the right direction of where to even start poking around with this?

27 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

So, if I understand correctly, if I have the right resources (specialized parts, et cetera) I can use blueprints to construct a DIY kit on-site, meaning I don't have to physically ship anything from Kerbin. I'm a bit unclear on how to actually do that, though. Could somebody point me in the right direction of where to even start poking around with this?

This is the minimalistic demo of the creation of kits. It's old, so now you'll have more functionality, but the basics are the same: assembly line + assembly space + resources + kerbals = kits

5 hours ago, RandomKerbal said:

Oh, 55 pages, I have no time to read.

May I know what's the difference between this and extraplanetary launchpads?

You don't have to read 55 pages btw, you can just read the very detailed OP.  But I understand if you prefer to be hand fed.

21 minutes ago, allista said:

This is the minimalistic demo of the creation of kits. It's old, so now you'll have more functionality, but the basics are the same: assembly line + assembly space + resources + kerbals = kits

Thanks!

It's kinda hard to understand the voiceover, but I think I get the idea. It looks like I need GC parts that don't come as part of the minimal install that shops with USI/MKS. Herp derp. If I understand correctly, assembly lines are different from workshops. I guess I shall have to modify my install. 

On 12/29/2016 at 4:30 AM, allista said:

Almost. There are three differences:

First, it don't just "pack" a ship. It "packs" only essential parts, materials, tools, etc. This decreases the mass considerably compared to the sum of parts. But it also balances the gameplay: you can't expect 3 kerbals in a small workshop to produce all the high-tech equipment that is needed to assemble a rocket engine, even if you have enough still. The engine is a precise mechanism which simply cannot be build "out of Ore" using a smelter. And by what magic ELP manages to produce, say, enough radioactive element to fuel a nuclear reactor (or a simple RTG, for that matter), I have no idea.

Second, in contrast to ELP, Ground Construction allows arbitrary placement of the built vessel. No need for a "launchpad", the launched vessel is not coupled to anything, it just stands on the ground wherever you placed the Kit.

Third, no in-orbit construction. For this you have KIS which accurately "emulates" all the complexity of building something in space. Even when you have all the parts built for you on the surface.

@RandomKerbal

55 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

You don't have to read 55 pages btw, you can just read the very detailed OP.  But I understand if you prefer to be hand fed.

To be fair, the OP wasn't updated that much and, aside from the videos, doesn't describe recent features.

But the videos do describe them in detail.

55 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

It's kinda hard to understand the voiceover

Sorry, my English speaking is rusty at best; have literally no practice aside from these videos ;.;

1 hour ago, Tokamak said:

Almost. There are three differences:

This is quite old. GC does have orbital construction and de-novo kit production now. Rare resources are still an issue, though. No plutonium from material kits for you :cool:

If I were to accidentally click on the wrong thing in the Recycler window, and it started to eat a ship that I didn't mean to recycle, is there any way to stop it?

5 hours ago, allista said:

Sorry, my English speaking is rusty at best; have literally no practice aside from these videos ;.;

Oh, your english was accented but fine. It was just the audio quality. No worries, I got the idea. :)

Edited by Tokamak

On 7/24/2020 at 1:45 PM, BigFatStupidHead said:

Now that this is updated to 1.10, I can finally ask...

Is anyone else having issues with orbital containers not deploying, or subassemblies not being oriented properly in orbital containers with their open nodes towards the D side?

So, I loaded up KSP in Windows, and containers deployed properly. So I think whats going on is some sort of Linux issue.

3 hours ago, Tokamak said:

If I were to accidentally click on the wrong thing in the Recycler window, and it started to eat a ship that I didn't mean to recycle, is there any way to stop it?

Hm... Good point! :0.0:

There's no way, and no confirmation, for that matter. I'll add them in the next release.

3 hours ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

So, I loaded up KSP in Windows, and containers deployed properly. So I think whats going on is some sort of Linux issue.

Doubt it. Everything is purely KSP/Unity code; basic stuff like transform scales work everywhere.

I'll debug your issue after the vacation.

On 7/30/2020 at 11:17 PM, allista said:

Version 2.6.4.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.10.0

Released on 2020-07-30

• Fixed Part Printer and Replicator converters in Assembly Lines broken by Squad in KSP-1.10

Download (15.85 MiB) 

Hello @allista !

Thank you once again from my side to fix the sliding problem in Hangars :)

This new version might correct those 2 features...

- But why now the Ground Assembly Line start with door open in editor ? and where is the button close it, disappeared?  oopps :S

I will need to revert back to last stable build then while this is happening.

- Another-thing is that in the "Configurable Containers" that were resized previously (with last build), now appear with resize reset.

Please let me know if possible if you are also experimenting this strange behaviors.

Meanwhile I reverted back to last good pack, all working again ufff...:

•  Hangar: 3.6.1
  •  GroundConstruction: 2.6.4
  •  ConfigurableContainers: 2.6.0
  •  000_AT_Utils: 1.9.5

Edited by pmborg

11 hours ago, pmborg said:

Hello @allista !

Thank you once again from my side to fix the sliding problem in Hangars :)

This new version might correct those 2 features...

- But why now the Ground Assembly Line start with door open in editor ? and where is the button close it, disappeared?  oopps :S

I will need to revert back to last stable build then while this is happening.

- Another-thing is that in the "Configurable Containers" that were resized previously (with last build), now appear with resize reset.

Please let me know if possible if you are also experimenting this strange behaviors.

Meanwhile I reverted back to last good pack, all working again ufff...:

Your installation should have been messed up somehow. What you describe looks like incompatible dll versions.

As always, Player.log will tell for sure.

1 minute ago, allista said:

Your installation should have been messed up somehow. What you describe looks like incompatible dll versions.

As always, Player.log will tell for sure.

Hello,

I was doing here VTOLS takeoff and landings... :) with that Ship, I will now upgrade it again and bring some new new fresh logs.

6 minutes ago, pmborg said:

As soon as I upgrade from:

to:

F7kjk8m.png

I will get this on loading:

McJU56l.png

Actually this time the KSP dont boot just crash

LOGS:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrmkw8sz30sgk3b/Desktop.zip?dl=0

Hmmm... I cannot look at the logs right now -- on vacation and in the middle of nowhere. But could you try to install from spacedock or GitHub? I have a feeling CKAN is messed up somehow...

11 minutes ago, allista said:

Hmmm... I cannot look at the logs right now -- on vacation and in the middle of nowhere. But could you try to install from spacedock or GitHub? I have a feeling CKAN is messed up somehow...

ok no problem I will revert it back, until you fix it, enjoy your vacations!

Cheers!

@pmborg ok, this is very strange, I never saw such exceptions:

Spoiler

[EXC 11:16:17.365] Add to mod list threw an exception in loading Hangar, Version=3.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.TypeLoadException: Type AtHangar.HangarProceduralAdapter has invalid vtable method slot 55 with method none

[ERR 11:17:58.692] MechJeb caught a ReflectionTypeLoadException. Those DLL are not built for this KSP version:

[ERR 11:17:58.692] Hangar 3.6.1.0 GameData\Hangar\Plugins\Hangar.dll

It seems like there's an incompatibility with KSP-1.10.1 :o

24 minutes ago, allista said:

This looks like the wrong file, since none of my mods are listed in "Mod dlls found" section at the beginning.

UPD: the Player.log that is. Checking KSP.log now...

Actually it seams simple, the problem seams to be the dependecy of Configurable Containers  inside Ground.

When I downloaded https://github.com/allista/ConfigurableContainers/releases/tag/v2.6.0 after install all of them in latest the problem  was solved! :) Thanks to a hint from magic guru @Lisias

16 minutes ago, pmborg said:

Actually it seams simple, the problem seams to be the dependecy of Configurable Containers  inside Ground.

When I downloaded https://github.com/allista/ConfigurableContainers/releases/tag/v2.6.0 after install all of them in latest the problem  was solved! :) Thanks to a hint from magic guru @Lisias

In your logs I don't see any problems with CC or GC, so this is even more bizarre. In any case I don't recommend using dlls not built for each other. CC-2.6.0 should be used with AT_Utils-1.9.5, and everything else should also be built for this version.

6 minutes ago, allista said:

e. In any case I don't recommend using dlls not built for each other. CC-2.6.0

I think that this should be simple to replicate and is happening to everybody that will do the upgrade.

Please try to uninstall this pack:

•  Hangar
  •  GroundConstruction
  •  ConfigurableContainers
  •  000_AT_Utils

And install again in CKAN (latest) should be enouf to replicate this.

Specially if Hangar 1st and then Ground Construction.

Edited by pmborg

6 hours ago, allista said:

CC-2.6.0 should be used with AT_Utils-1.9.5, and everything else should also be built for this version.

Essentially what solved this case. I don't remember now the exact versions, but I suggested installing the needed releases from 13 days ago (I hate how Github masks dates nowadays), that I verified be compatible.

Cheers!