[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/19/2022 at 1:54 PM, themaster401 said:

Added auto exposure and eye adaptation TUFX effects. Now you should be able to see your craft in all its glory under low light.

First, thanks for making and sharing AVP.

Now, my issue: the default TUFX profile bundled with AVP isn't giving me good low light results. The night side of Kerbin is almost black except for city lights. That might be realistic but vessels are too dark for playability. I have yet to find my own settings that look reasonably good for both day and night. I therefore need to switch settings every 180 degrees around Kerbin which is cumbersome and immersion-breaking.

I'm experimenting with TUFX but it has so many settings that I don't know where to concentrate. Profiles that worked well for me in KSRSS and JNSQ are not working as well with AVP. Even stock ambient light seems to work differently than I'm used to; I have to crank it so high on the night side that the day side becomes washed out.

Can you or anyone else recommend TUFX tweaks or other graphic settings that work reasonably well in varied light?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...