KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Then they are treated as separate

Not sure what happened, possibly power was absorbed by beamed power receiver but not used. For example, the 2 forward thermal receivers in the front might have absorbed power not provided the power to where you have to use it.

Here is the latest beta of KSPI 1.15.1.12 and can be downloaded from here

Changelog

* Improved Beamed Power Interface,(master is now able to see all slaves)

* Added SpotsizeMultiplier of 1.22

Those are set and deployed as radiators. Will try tonight.. on other absurd notes from version 1.6.. Red Baron Mk2 has SSTDuna'd on purely atmospheric power, but I'm not sure it's 600 dv remaining will be enough to stop it when it arrives, encounter has been set for 10 km PE in hopes of airbreak. If this works I will have pulled off an atmosphere to atmosphere transfer on 90% intake atmosphere power.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

3 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Those are set and deployed as radiators. Will try tonight.. on other absurd notes from version 1.6.. Red Baron Mk2 has SSTDuna'd on purely atmospheric power, but I'm not sure it's 600 dv remaining will be enough to stop it when it arrives, encounter has been set for 10 km PE in hopes of airbreak. If this works I will have pulled off an atmosphere to atmosphere transfer on 90% intake atmosphere power.

Well at least you have some fun finding out

I noticed the un-deployed rectenna receiver will still move and rotate even when not deployed. This resulted in it disintegrating on the space plane runway during launch last night as it rotated its folded body upwards til it looked like a white fin on the back of the craft and when the craft hit speed it shattered. I'm linking a highlight that shows the launch and you can see its behavior. Note I did check and it's not linked to staging, but to button 0, which was not pressed or the radiator sails would also have deployed. So its auto rotating as part of its own default behavior, even when not deployed.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/177289421

It's in the first 10 minutes of this vid.

A new beta 1.15.1.15 is now available from here

Changelog

* Added improved performance and  gui beamed power receiver

* Balance: Thermal receives are no longer negatively affected by Wasteheat accumulation

* Fixed Limited receiver to their maximum capacity

* Fixed Wasteheat is only generated on beamed power receivers when the power is used

Verified .15 stable. 

Is there any production path for Li-6 or Boron? If so can someone ascii- indicate the porduction tree? Example:

Ore-extractedby-> Stock or Universal Drill/Auger -> Convertatron -> Liquid Fuel

Would appreciate anyone who may have an answer for this as I need to know how to configure an x-ray broadcast base for Minmus that will infinitely supply itself.

5 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Is there any production path for Li-6 or Boron? If so can someone ascii- indicate the porduction tree? Example:

Ore-extractedby-> Stock or Universal Drill/Auger -> Convertatron -> Liquid Fuel

Would appreciate anyone who may have an answer for this as I need to know how to configure an x-ray broadcast base for Minmus that will infinitely supply itself.

Universal Extractor ->   Borate -> ISRU Processor -> Boron

Universal Extractor ->   Spodumene -> ISRU Processor -> Lithium6

Edited by FreeThinker

Discovered a possible bug where it appears HAL develops an unexpected 90 degree offset when reverting from a flight to run way or to space plane hangar. This has caused me to temporarily suspend usage of the HAL core. At least, I don't expect this is working as intended. So if I launch HAL from runway for example and is flat to horizon, when I revert to space plane hangar or runway from a flight  then on the runway it will be vertical 90 degrees right orientation from runway with blue on right and brown on left.

Video for Free Thinker of the event:

There initially was no flight control on the first launch for on apparent reason, then on the second launch I discovered before lift off the horizon was skewed by 90 degrees. Second time this has happened on two distinct craft. First time I wrote it off as a brief glitch, but it's now been repeated. Please note the orientation of Hal's eye in the cargo bay towards the very top of the craft on both launches is identical so the part is not rotating.

@Maelstrom Vortex I have the suspicion that this is caused by the 90° rotation of the model in the config file

MODEL
	{
		rotation = 0,90,0
		model = WarpPlugin/Parts/Command/iHall/modelCDTcore
	}

It is exactly the rotation you experienced and I've seen similar problems with the rescaleFactor node on root-parts

Is iHal the root part?

I'll run some test to see if I can reproduce it.

1 minute ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

@Maelstrom Vortex I have the suspicion that this is caused by the 90° rotation of the model in the config file

MODEL
	{
		rotation = 0,90,0
		model = WarpPlugin/Parts/Command/iHall/modelCDTcore
	}

It is exactly the rotation you experienced and I've seen similar problems with the rescaleFactor node on root-parts

Is iHal the root part?

I'll run some test to see if I can reproduce it.

Hal is the root part. That is correct.

21 hours ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

I can reproduce the problem. Root part or not doesn't matter, all iHal parts have the navball rotated by 90° upon revert to launch.

I'll re-export the part and remove the rotation node in the config for the next release.

I've had that weird 90 degree issue on revert with parts and rovers before. any idea what causes it?

I uploaded beta 1.15.1.16 which can be downloaded form here

Changelog

* Added Improved Gui and performance Atmosphere extractor

* Fixed direction problem with iHall computer core

* Fixed Deployable Phased Array ability to switch receiving bandwidth

* Fixed non thermal Receivers ability to show  Power Receiver Interface

Edited by FreeThinker

Getting weird effect out of beam powered network where craft receive power relayed from sub-optimal locations when better positions are available. Confirmed auger issues resolved. Testing other changes.

Update:  The HAL AI may also not be working. Confirmed, no Ai cores are functional as of this patch.

Possible issue with IR mirrors not relaying long infra-red and circular rectennas not properly receiving after dock/undock with craft, a lot like the reactors. That or shortest path function is not working correctly.

4AWZKsO.jpg

Notice the distance to gilly, notice the calculated path, there are 4 ir mirrors in orbit of gilly. Information note: The Power Relay Satellite SRs are located in orbit of Kerbin so the GIlly station shouldn't even be using them as they're billions of meters away, but it is despite alternate paths being available in the ir mirrors around Gilly. I see this behavior out of Ike's beamed power as well periodically, despite being aimed directly at duna and visible, it will bounce off Kerbin instead for some weird reason at times. Pathing needs adjusted to remedy this or it will disable all local power broadcast around non-kerbin systems.

Also, can any wavelength penetrate to eve's surface or are they all completely opaque?

Cryogenic space deploy issues have not been fixed as previously reported:

D6j2VzM.png

Instant boil-off of LFO at release. May not affect every cryogenic tank. Please verify all cryogenic tanks have been patched to address this. An entire night's work of ore hauling to gilly station was destroyed in one craft deploy by this tank.

Would strongly encourage a refocusing on play-testing and bug troubleshooting rather than additional feature development at this time, the mod is starting to come apart at the seams due to in-operability of some component systems. The beamed power relay system needs to be more predictably reliable and documented. Cryogenic tanks need a lot of work to ensure they're  not boiling off an entire payload of fuel on any brief power failure either during deployment or warp situations. The mod is fun to play, but moments like this can be a real downer. The craft was recycled with no way to recover the fuel/oxidizer lost but to make additional trips to gilly. From what I'm seeing the IR mirrors are trying to behave more like solar panels and aren't really reflecting any beamed power at all, or are not reflecting all bands of infra-red as advertised. The whole "electrical systems frequently fail to work on dock/undock also really badly needs resolved. This is affecting reactors and rectennas and the IFS capacitor all 3. At this point I am spending more of my game play time fighting these bugs than I am actually playing which does not bode well.

Please do interpret the above as instructive criticism. I love the mod and any tone perceived is not intended to be harsh, but simply a conveyance of information regarding the status of the mod as I have been playing it and I think I've taken it to greater depth than many. Reliability is the underpinning of any good mod and right now the repetitious reliability and re-usability of some of  KSPIE parts needs work.

PS, the EM drive is absolutely amazing.

Patch version used at time of error detection: 1.15.1.16

On 2-10-2017 at 8:44 AM, Maelstrom Vortex said:

4AWZKsO.jpg

Notice the distance to gilly, notice the calculated path, there are 4 ir mirrors in orbit of gilly. Information note: The Power Relay Satellite SRs are located in orbit of Kerbin so the GIlly station shouldn't even be using them as they're billions of meters away, but it is despite alternate paths being available in the ir mirrors around Gilly. I see this behavior out of Ike's beamed power as well periodically, despite being aimed directly at duna and visible, it will bounce off Kerbin instead for some weird reason at times.

What might be happening is that a direct path between transmitter and receiver was not possible because the power beam was inside the receivers blindspot or a celestial body was blocking it. In that case, the network will look at an alternative route to reach the receiver,  which could be through relays on the side other the solar system.

Edited by FreeThinker

3 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

What might be happening is that a direct path between transmitter and receiver was not possible because the power beam was inside the receivers blindspot or a celestial body was blocking it. In that case, the network will look at an alternative route to reach the receiver,  which could be through relays on the side other the solar system.

I already checked for that. verified visibility to the mirror relay system to the primary transmitter. Something else going on here. Given it's gilly the next relay satellite is literally not to much more than 30 KM away because the orbital ring is only at 22 KM altitude with each of 4 sates separated by approximately 1 hour in a 4 hour orbital period. The deployable IR mirror part is acting like a solar panel and doesn't appear to have any received IR power, if possible please enable some means of checking beamed power relay amount on mirrors to validate whether they're operable at all.

I thought about it a bit and I might know what's causing this. FreeThinker, how does the beamed relay system calculate its shortest path and what does it weight and in which priority order? If it's giving priority to relay size over range considerations it may want to use the SR satellites at Kerbin first because they are larger even though they're at a distance that would render the long range infra-red impotent.

On 10/3/2017 at 10:32 AM, FreeThinker said:

@FreeThinker The error with the deployable mirror relays has been repeated by a different user:

I've noticed that the solar panel behavior information seems repeated in the information dialogue for the deployable mirror types and this may indicate the source of the error. The reason it's beaming to Ike is the Mirrors simply are not acting as relays at all when toggled.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.