Jump to content

KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread


Recommended Posts

On 5/19/2020 at 10:43 AM, AntaresMC said:

In fact He3+He3-D fusion (I call it like this, dont know if has a name) is as clean as H-B, accounting for sider reactions (take that, H-B fans! Now is almost useless except for cheap :P)

So let me get this clear, it would require twice the Helium-3 to Deuterium Atoms?  I guess that means I need to adjust the FussionPellet fabrication ratios

Edited by FreeThinker
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

So let me get this clear, it would require twice the Helium-3 to Deuterium Atoms?  I guess that means I need to adjust the FussionPellet fabrication ratios

Depends on how much money do you have. Its a log relation. With perfectly fine tuned temperatures, 2x the He3, not quite 1/2n. Cant give exact figures, but when 2x as He3 as D, N is moreless 1%. I let it to you and game balance.

And no, you can add an EnFusionPellets and keep the FP as well. Also, 1/3 of the fusion is gammas and X anyway...

6 hours ago, Northstar1989 said:

To simplify things probably.  Or maybe I am misremembering- and this feature was never made a part of the mod in the first place (and I am remembering testing revised ISP curves for different propellants in-atmosphere: as they end up with very different exhaust pressures for the same Thermal Power..)

But do me a favor, alright: actually test this for yourself by pad-testing a variety of different thermal rockets (both nuclear thermal and microwave thermal) with different ThernalPower ratings but the SAME core temperatures, and different Thermal Nozzle sizes in relation to the reactors, and post Imgur albums of the rocket nozzle and reactor/thermal receiver context (right-click) menus during static thrusting on the pad here, so all of us can see, and can critique whether it's working properly.

Posting images of the same combinations in orbit (just cheat-menu them there, or Hyperedit if you use it) will also help verify if the atmospheric Thrust/ISP's don't drop as much as expected, or drop too much...

If the ISP/Thrust numbers aren't what would be expected for reactors/nozzles of those size and fuel types, I can advise FreeThinker on what numbers would be more realistic to incorporate into the mod (or at least point him towards some resources) and you might get your ISP curves after all, if they weren't already there!

 

Regards,

Northstar

No, different props work well.

But while ascending, KSP Isp readouts dont change

Edited by AntaresMC
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Folding radiator deployment animation on the umbrella radiator seems broken to me, anyone else experiencing this? This only happens outside the editors, when the device is deployed. They deploy fine inside the hangar and inside the VAB.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2020 at 3:14 AM, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Folding radiator deployment animation on the umbrella radiator seems broken to me, anyone else experiencing this? This only happens outside the editors, when the device is deployed. They deploy fine inside the hangar and inside the VAB.

To me they dont even deploy outside the VAB/SPA. Ithought it was intended

Link to post
Share on other sites

Artistic style. I prefer nerteas upcoming update to fft- nothing against you or kspie. To be more clear: I can just delete all the parts except for beamed power, keeping the dlls? It usually works, but this is a very complicated mod.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Development of KSPIE is currently getting a big overhoal. We start with gameplay improve and later on introduce some major improvement to models

KSPIE 1.26.3 for KSP 1.8.1+

Changelog

* Balanced convection

* Balanced Heat transfer coefficients

* Create info sections for fission generator adapters and solar panel adapters.

* Fix an unusual bug if electric charge was somehow greater than its maximum

* Fix some typos in the localization for fields

Edited by FreeThinker
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

@FreeThinker I have some ideas to add to KSPIE.

Since KSP 2 won’t be out in a while, you could add some stuff that’s going to be in the new game

1. Metallic Hydrogen

2. Orion Nuclear Pulse Drives (I think)

3. Adding Metallic Hydrogen capabilities to some of the engines.

Would really appreciate if you added these

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Naeth Kerman said:

@FreeThinker I have some ideas to add to KSPIE.

Since KSP 2 won’t be out in a while, you could add some stuff that’s going to be in the new game

1. Metallic Hydrogen

2. Orion Nuclear Pulse Drives (I think)

3. Adding Metallic Hydrogen capabilities to some of the engines.

Would really appreciate if you added these

Thanks!

Why?  This is KSP, not KSP2.  There are other Orion drives around, and what would Metallic Hydrogen give you?  He would then have to add all the supporting mechanisms for it, which can be a lot more work than you think

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 2:03 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Why?  This is KSP, not KSP2.  There are other Orion drives around, and what would Metallic Hydrogen give you?  He would then have to add all the supporting mechanisms for it, which can be a lot more work than you think

I think there is work alredy done for mH engines. Although I agree it wont be a really big deal, as these engines are basicly overthrusted NTRs. I guess it will help with TWR in super heavy launchers...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 9:14 PM, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Folding radiator deployment animation on the umbrella radiator seems broken to me, anyone else experiencing this? This only happens outside the editors, when the device is deployed. They deploy fine inside the hangar and inside the VAB.

Several patches later, this is till happening.. cannot get the umbrella radiator to deploy or undeploy in space.  It serves as an on/off switch but the animation is gone. Strangely in the VAB there appears to be two deploy/retract button areas.. one appears to govern activity, the other movement but one is not present outside the VAB. I've had to miniaturize them on my craft and just put them on in a deployed state because I literally cannot open the umbrella and do not know why.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/1/2021 at 10:33 AM, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Several patches later, this is till happening.. cannot get the umbrella radiator to deploy or undeploy in space.  It serves as an on/off switch but the animation is gone. Strangely in the VAB there appears to be two deploy/retract button areas.. one appears to govern activity, the other movement but one is not present outside the VAB. I've had to miniaturize them on my craft and just put them on in a deployed state because I literally cannot open the umbrella and do not know why.

The umbrella rad can not be deployed outside the VAB, its like multiple configurations. Idk if bug or feature tho. 

Im curious if this is intended, do you know @FreeThinker?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 9:28 AM, AntaresMC said:

The umbrella rad can not be deployed outside the VAB, its like multiple configurations. Idk if bug or feature tho. 

Im curious if this is intended, do you know @FreeThinker?

It wasn't a feature before. I'll say it that way.

I mean it's not really an umbrella radiator when it is not in any way functioning as an umbrella.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

2 requests/comments: 

1. Should you need radiators if you have wasteheat producing components under/on water.... Perhaps think of a  heat sink part with convection.

2. I don't understand the ocean extraction process. And it is very frustrating cause there are virtually no other parts in other mods that can consistently support this ( that I am aware of, unless you deal with with some non-canonical chemistry, e.g. graywater in Angel-125 mods).  First, i would expect that the process would store Lq water, the canonical water resource in KSPIE. Not a big deal, one can convert it. But second, you shouldn't need 20 MW on a 2.5 m ISRU to pump water out of the ocean. My understanding is that for atmospheric extraction of gases, the better part of this goes to cryogenic conversion. Would it make sense to offload this to a separate part that simply pumps the water abundance in a tank? 

One question: The window is not scrollable.. too many. resources ( in my case they come from WBI). If I can scroll, i can't stop it.

Edited by pp3d
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2021 at 4:48 PM, pp3d said:

2 requests/comments: 

1. Should you need radiators if you have wasteheat producing components under/on water.... Perhaps think of a  heat sink part with convection.

2. I don't understand the ocean extraction process. And it is very frustrating cause there are virtually no other parts in other mods that can consistently support this ( that I am aware of, unless you deal with with some non-canonical chemistry, e.g. graywater in Angel-125 mods).  First, i would expect that the process would store Lq water, the canonical water resource in KSPIE. Not a big deal, one can convert it. But second, you shouldn't need 20 MW on a 2.5 m ISRU to pump water out of the ocean. My understanding is that for atmospheric extraction of gases, the better part of this goes to cryogenic conversion. Would it make sense to offload this to a separate part that simply pumps the water abundance in a tank? 

One question: The window is not scrollable.. too many. resources ( in my case they come from WBI). If I can scroll, i can't stop it.

There is a convection bonus for radiators and its very VERY stronk on water.

You need a lot of power for oceanic extraction because you are taking salts out and electrolizing them into useful stuff

Edited by AntaresMC
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AntaresMC said:

There is a vonvection bonus for radiators and its very VERY stronk on water.

You need a lot of power for oceanic extraction because you are taking salts out and electrolizing them into useful stuff

ok -- i'll buy that... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...