[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

9 hours ago, Well said:

I think @Lisias have said something about Variant with Mass added, not implemented yet in tweakscale.

Maybe also something about the "_" i use on config file.

I'm going to take a look if i could, but generally every time i touch this patch i make mistake :blush:

Lisias is already really busy with the new KSP update. You need also to understand tweakscale was never really supported, the Only patch included was made by me really long time ago when Knes have something like 20 Parts. I also need to admit i don't like to play with Tweakscale, i include this patch just because i know some people could be interested, but of course for a big part mod like Knes, that take some times to have a clean patch.

So i know that maybe not the way you love to play, but could try to play without tweakscale until the patch is ready? Or help us to fix, but please we need time? I'm already busy trying to fix all little bugs caused by KSP 1.10 Update. included Fairings.

Why not use B9partSwitch, i heard it's better when handle variant and tweakscale?

Btw, if you have time after update, maybe you can use new suit picker to make hermesplanned space suit?

30 minutes ago, RocketFowl said:

Why not use B9partSwitch, i heard it's better when handle variant and tweakscale?

Btw, if you have time after update, maybe you can use new suit picker to make hermesplanned space suit?

I don't want to use dependencies, and B9partSwitch is out of context for this problem here.

From what i've see, the new suit picker don't change the IVA suit. Wich is really sad

WqWhat3.jpg

Knes 1.8 "Time to build" is online

Knes 1.8.0 [2020-07-03]
- New Snacks Chocolate KIS item (need KIS)
- IVA include Snacks Chocolate to match the new esa Update!	
- New ATV Adapter
- New ATV Antenna
- New ATV Cargo
- New ATV Solar Panel
- New ATV Service Module
- New Set of RCS for ATV
- New 1.25 Hatch module
- New 1.25 Pressurised cargo
- New 2.5 Science Lab
- New 2.5 Node module
- New 2.5 electricty module
- New 2.5 monoprop module
- New 2.5 H22 Fuel Tank
- New 2.5 Booster
- New MRK Cargo Variant / Solaris
- New Crystal Lab/Factory
- Fix for pathfinder patch (Crystal ressources is now keeped on cargo pod)
- Fix of many bulkhead profile and Tweakscale patch for pretty much all parts, big thanks to @Lisias!
- Fix of Top node for engine variant
- Changed Mass Ratio of the crystals ressource, to limit the created mass problem.	
- Set Ablator at max by default for Liftingbodies	
- Update of the MRK solar panel texture
- MRK Pod could now bringback some crystals
- Fixed Fairings for KSP 1.10
- Diamant fairings don't have black variant anymore
- New Craft Files
- MRK RCS Thruster is now more powerfull

Github

Screenshots, review and comments are welcome.

Please enjoy

Edited by Well

A little use of new Solaris cargo paying visit to solaris station:

Spoiler

UiegO26.png

2YVkbNR.jpg

This solaris station concept is made of 3 separate launch module:

gH5j58H.jpg yht2YpJ.jpg hAsCX1Q.jpg
Station orbital: communication, energy supply, thermal control

Module d'intervention: Material processing, experiment, group of remote manipulation arms

for experiment manipulation and cargo manipulation.

Manned laboratory for pharmaceutical use. The laboratory is equip with a internal arm for remote manipulation when unmaned.

The knes solaris cargo is use to bring down crystal and bring up laboratory supplies. The rear docking port permit the manned MRK to dock:

wLMPgtO.jpg

6 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

A little use of new Solaris cargo paying visit to solaris station:

UiegO26.png

@josselin2196 Holy Moly!  Is that a picture of Solaris Station?  Did you have the document?? Are you sure that a view of Solaris ?

Great mission and great screenshot! Many thanks. It's a little difficult to play arround with the double dock Solaris, hard to understand why they want it like that. My document said the double dock is for backup, maybe at this period they think the dock could fail ?

Just now, ISO said:

The latest release is compatible with 1.9.1?

On the first post of this thread:

Knes is supposed to have a retro-compatibilty for KSP 1.4 (oldest KSP with part variant)

2 hours ago, Well said:

Knes is supposed to have a retro-compatibilty for KSP 1.4 (oldest KSP with part variant)

Are you sure about that? I'd like to know if 1.10 compatible fairings work in 1.9.1, because a lot has changed in that area. 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Well said:

@josselin2196 Holy Moly!  Is that a picture of Solaris Station?  Did you have the document?? Are you sure that a view of Solaris ?

Here the document.

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2020/07/04/19810013543/

the last picture is seem to show the double dock cargo system.

3 hours ago, Well said:

My document said the double dock is for backup, maybe at this period they think the dock could fail ?

Early dock sytem often fail, there are multiple occurence of mission abort due to faulty dock like soyous mision to urss station. Or skylab mission. when astronaute have to make a eva to clean skylab docking port of debris.

If i remember corectly, one test unmaned soyous fail to dock iss in 2019.

Edited by josselin2196

43 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

Here the document.

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2020/07/04/19810013543/

the last picture is seem to show the double dock cargo system.

Early dock sytem often fail, there are multiple occurence of mission abort due to faulty dock like soyous mision to urss station. Or skylab mission. when astronaute have to make a eva to clean skylab docking port of debris.

If i remember corectly, one test unmaned soyous fail to dock iss in 2019.

so yeah that maybe explain this double dock. My document said also that because they want a hightly modular spacecraft.

Many many thanks for the pdf :rep:

23 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

@WellNow we have a P80 and a P120. Do you have plans for Zefiro 9, 23, 40 and the liquid upper Stage AVUM? ;)

no

P120 just added re-use actual assets, i don't have added new texture. Just always wanted 2.5m booster.

tbh they are not P120 in my mind. But make what you want with them, i'm pretty sure you could custombuild a vega now

screen_7680x4320_2020-07-03_20-22-54.jpg

Probability of having Vega in Knes is really low, i have absolutely no interest of modern rocket for my mod (behind Ariane5)

Mod need to have a limit, and i just have more fun with more old school tech

I just love to launch MRK at stock scale with Ariane 1 and switch launcher later, just for fun and style

screenshot0.jpg

Edited by Well

52 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

@WellNo worries. It was only a question. ;) Sure I can build a Vega with other parts.

@josselin2196 made one vega with existing part:

On 5/18/2020 at 12:12 AM, josselin2196 said:

Launch of the Earth High Definition Observer Satellite (HDOS) with a Vega Launcher:

Spoiler

FCdcfJUl.jpg

0OEDWKIl.jpg

t3veja6l.jpg

X5krbIsl.jpg

GgrOvEQl.jpg

5ZW6M6Sl.jpg

Ov6lb6Pl.jpg

TMPamlnl.jpg

mxVNro7l.jpg

n60pmZkl.jpg

2odZ0tnl.jpg

cN6WP2Gl.jpg

1cHDQkml.jpg

DMriaZPl.jpg

Hello Bretagne ( France Region )

MVvh9Pcl.jpg

By the way someone know if ESA work on a medium launcher prior to buying soyus?

Edited by RocketFowl

10 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

@josselin2196 made one vega with existing part:

By the way someone know if ESA work on a medium launcher prior to buying soyus?

Ariane 6 is supposed to replace Soyuz, but the deal with soyuz was made for a numbers of launcher capability, and i think they still have a lot of soyuz to launch.

Soyuz in French Guyana is also really a cost and politics reason, but french/european industrial wanted something different.. The planned european launcher for medium (soyuz) and light (Vega) was those concept... sharing Ariane 5 booster :

EBEET4yXoAEvYAP?format=jpg&name=4096x4096EBEET45WsAEtYty?format=jpg&name=large

EBEET4tX4AIhnxL?format=jpg&name=large

That a sexy european concept, and in fact i understand why Soyuz in guyana make Industrial furious.

In my mod / alternate timeline, this launcher replace Soyuz, you could find parts and craft files to reproduce them.

That the launcher i've choose for StarRider / StarWatcher lifting bodies.

EGnImK3WsAIoMwj?format=jpg&name=small

EH-pZSCX4AUhR94?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

A variant of this concept have be purpose for early Ariane 6

EBEL14SWsAAOQhW?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Well

There is a little issue in the TweakScale-config. The Laputa-ScienceLab contains twice.

Spoiler

@PART[_Knes_STEAM_CrystalLab]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FOR[Knes] // STEAM "Laputa" ScienceLab Module
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack_squared
        defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}

@PART[_Knes_STEAM_Hatch]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FOR[Knes] // Hatch "Ivalice" Module EVA
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack_square
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[_Knes_STEAM_ScienceLab]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FOR[Knes] // STEAM "Calypso" ScienceLab Module
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack_square
        defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}
@PART[_Knes_STEAM_CrystalLab]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FOR[Knes] // STEAM "Calypso" ScienceLab Module
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack_square
        defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}

On 7/4/2020 at 11:27 PM, Well said:

[snipped for brevity]

I'm not a big fan of this type of booster/rocket, it's does not appear very stable; I'm ok with vega because it's little size make her more proportioned.

Edited by Vanamonde

45 minutes ago, RocketFowl said:

I'm not a big fan of this type of booster/rocket, it's does not appear very stable; I'm ok with vega because it's little size make her more proportioned.

Ares one perform well on it's only launch, and it's was a big Orion Capsule on a very high booster; This configuration is stable with a carefully planed trajectory. Same goes for hermes, it's easy to lost control due to excess drag on the shuttle.

If you prefer more conventional rocket here a list of concept:

Spoiler

rqbA6ZJ.png

TTa7RxQ.jpg

Or you can inspire yourself from European style and create your own rocket. I use this one for CTV/MRK/medium Sat:

M56Trcj.jpg

6 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

There is a little issue in the TweakScale-config. The Laputa-ScienceLab contains twice.

Thanks for the review, some people have reported some problem with the tweakscale patch.

I recommand to delete the patch if that cause some problem, until a fix update.

Or don't use Tweakscale like me (Why did you all use Tweakscale :D )

24 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

To build a Vega. :P

It's a bit ironic, isn't it? :D

Sorry, i will make a fix update as soon as possible (depend when Lisias could find the time to work on it)

Github is open for pullrequest or issue

5 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

@josselin2196 Where do you get this Vinci Engine?

From the mod CryoEngine:

https://spacedock.info/mod/709/Cryogenic Engines

@WellI just begin work on a new video showing ESA 2008 plan for moon mission ( Moon Station, Moon village, etc ), the new part are used extensively :).

Some knes part are use at there limits and looking back at the number of quality part that have been added as time goes on. I can only appreciate your work. Player can never thanks enough passionate modder who, often 

these days, make far more quality and quantitatively part than stock one ( new ariane variant part :sealed: ). 

One of few mod, i will happily pay as a DLC.