[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

Are you interested in making manned lander? I found one concept made by ESA:

pDKk7eD.jpgNc5LojO.jpghvM71Qg.jpg

Lander are one on the only feature that is not present in your mod.

I just install your mod, it is more playable, accurate and has more detail than your concurrent contares MEU. 

You should speed up to maintain visibility and content compared to contares.

By the way i can't find the ATV, did some asset are missing from Spacedock?

9 hours ago, Bling90 said:

I'm certain well has a life outside of KSP modding, and KNES is in a very complete state.

9 hours ago, Bling90 said:

By the way i can't find the ATV, did some asset are missing from Spacedock?

There has never been an ATV in KNES as far as I know.

15 hours ago, Bling90 said:

I found one concept made by ESA

Looks interesting–care to share your source? Preferably a link to an ESA site, or at least somewhere to find more information on this concept?

5 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:
15 hours ago, Bling90 said:

I'm certain well has a life outside of KSP modding, and KNES is in a very complete state.

In dubio pro reo... probably nuances lost in translation

59 minutes ago, Corax said:

Looks interesting–care to share your source? Preferably a link to an ESA site, or at least somewhere to find more information on this concept?

In dubio pro reo... probably nuances lost in translation

That an interesting scifi concept but not a design from esa, lol (Artist design)

I've never made the ATV and don't really want to do it.

-----------------

like i've said @sslaptnhablhat Knes is pretty much in complete state, i don't work on it actually and don't have planned more.

I actually work on my free time to a little standalone mod.

3 hours ago, Well said:

See it in @josselin2196 video. I thought it was your mod. If it not the case your mod is more incomplete than i thought.

4 hours ago, Corax said:

3 hours ago, Well said:

That an interesting scifi concept but not a design from esa, lol (Artist design)

I find it on esa site, article was deleted since.

5 hours ago, Well said:

I'd have been surprised if it had been, but then, I don't know all and everything ESA is planning, even if it is only as a concept study. They should get going on it though–NASA will need more than just a service module to "land the first woman and next man by 2024"... ; )

EDIT:

Whoops, ninja'd... sorry @Bling90 didn't see your post before. Still, do you have a link to the ESA article? Might still be available on some archive site...

Edited by Corax

2 hours ago, Bling90 said:

See it in @josselin2196 video. I thought it was your mod. If it not the case your mod is more incomplete than i thought.

I find it on esa site, article was deleted since.

The ATV, i use come from another old mod ( lonesome robobit ATV ), I just edit config file to make it work in 1.9

1 hour ago, Corax said:

I'd have been surprised if it had been, but then, I don't know all and everything ESA is planning, even if it is only as a concept study. They should get going on it though–NASA will need more than just a service module to "land the first woman and next man by 2024"... ; )

EDIT:

Whoops, ninja'd... sorry @Bling90 didn't see your post before. Still, do you have a link to the ESA article? Might still be available on some archive site...

Not from ESA, i made a reverse image search on google: It's a scifi ship concept from Alexey Pyatov:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/NeXZq

The only landers concept ESA show was the one use in Moon Village concept, the Heracles mission and Lunar Lander robotic mission:

http://blogs.esa.int/janwoerner/2016/11/23/moon-village/

https://www.esa.int/Science_Exploration/Human_and_Robotic_Exploration/Exploration/Landing_on_the_Moon_and_returning_home_Heracles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Lander_(spacecraft)

16 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

Moon Village concept, the Heracles mission and Lunar Lander robotic mission

Yup, those definitely look more like what one might expect in the next few decades, from ESA or any other player. Except SpaceX maybe : )

On 4/2/2020 at 11:45 AM, Well said:

Not even the ATV-derived projects? Like Airbus Moon Cruiser, like the MSS concept or like the Advanced Crew Transportation System?

8 hours ago, ondert said:

Are boosters powerful enough to play with JNSQ mod which is about x2.7 scale of kerbol system?

I don't use 2.7 scale, but they are supposed powerful enought, if you use small payload.

On 4/5/2020 at 12:47 AM, josselin2196 said:

Picture of it seem really rare.

yes they are, but that pretty much just a supersonic plane, i don't think the concept was to the hight detail level. You could look also to the "MBB Sänger plane" for the same idea.

26 minutes ago, Russekof71 said:

Hello, I wanted to know if the Knes mod is compatible with Sigma Dimension x2.5

Knes is a part mod, so yes.

Knes also follows the quarter-thrust balance heuristic for 2.5x, so Knes rockets should deliver similar payloads to their real world counterparts (with mass also scaled of course.)

1 minute ago, Machinique said:

Knes est un mod partiel, alors oui.

Knes suit également l'heuristique d'équilibre quart de poussée pour 2,5x, donc les fusées Knes devraient fournir des charges utiles similaires à leurs homologues du monde réel (avec une masse également à l'échelle bien sûr.)

Thanks !!!!!

Knes is more balanced to play in 2.5/2.7 scale anyway.

The parts will work just fine in JNSQ, however excpect a somewhat closer to reality performance for rockets. You won't be able to launch an Apollo+lander convoi to the Mun and return with an Ariane 5 in JNSQ, you'll have to make two launches and rendezvous in orbit. (it is the most you can do with such heavy spacecraft with Ariane 5 in JNSQ).

Stock scale doesn't suit Knes unless you want to feel like a God. Ariane 5 had become my workhorse for Mun missions in stock scale way too much !

As for a lander, with Knes parts and stock parts you surely can design some landers alright. With Hermès, you can try a somewhat Dynasoar or USAF Moon spaceplane alike project.

8 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

As for a lander, with Knes parts and stock parts you surely can design some landers alright. With Hermès, you can try a somewhat Dynasoar or USAF Moon spaceplane alike project.

If people want i could build some craft for stock Scale, A launch config of MRK with a small Lander is probably the best way to make a Mun Mission in stock scale.

-------------

I actually work on a small standalone Mod based on 0.625 parts. First release soon. I could work on those craft soon.

4 hours ago, Corax said:

...sounds super exciting! The "small department", and there especially the aircraft section, always feels severely lacking IMO.

Only rocket parts sorry

By curiosity, has someone a re-entry strategy to suggest for the IXV?
I've the impression to go extremely fast whatever I try, and to finish each time by a lithobracking concluded by a rapid unexpected disassembly :/

18 minutes ago, ndiver said:

By curiosity, has someone a re-entry strategy to suggest for the IXV?
I've the impression to go extremely fast whatever I try, and to finish each time by a lithobracking concluded by a rapid unexpected disassembly :/

If you use the version  with RetractableLiftingSurface. My standard re-entry is when entering atmosphere with a re-entry angle inferior than 45°:

• point 30° up compared to prograde without go further 20° in navball
  • when prograde is at -10° -5°, point to 10°
  • at 700m/s point a little up compare to prograde
  • at 300m/s point prograde without let it go below 15°
  • open paraglider at 200m/s
  • direct craft to the ground using standard approach for plane, be careful to not brutally change trajectories and watch out for the vessel which tends to point downwards
  • at 10 meters retract paraglider
  • Landing!