LeKiwi

Is it bad that I killed Jeb for the 159th time?

It's not bad if he can be resurrected for the hundred and 60th time

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's not bad if he can be resurrected for the hundred and 60th time

"Resurrection failed"

Jeb got himself fired before I could kill him.

Edited by regex

10 minutes ago, regex said:

Jeb got himself fired before I could kill him.

3bPaenZ.png

How dare you fire him.

Jeb is used to it after 158 times. He knows he will re-spawn in the astronaut facility with a cup of coffee and a cookie waiting for him. You've got to feed your astronauts plenty of snacks after you scare the life out of them.

I lost count to how many times I killed Jebediah in the first year I played the game.

Someone needs to make a South Park-style "OMG They Killed Jeb!!" meme. I'd do it myself but I just don't have the artistic chops to do it right.

I don't think it's bad you killed Jeb; that's just a natural fact of KSP. What is bad is that you've kept count up to 159..

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:46 PM, StupidAndy said:

ONLY 159 times?

Only 159 on my newer career. But I lost count a long time ago how many times I've killed him.

Jeb can't die, get to the configs!

Beats paying him for overtime I guess. I've never lost a Kerbal in career, came close a few times. I mean there was that remotely flown tourist thing one time, but we don't talk about that.

it's scarier that you kept count...you need a tiny rubber stamp of jeb so you can put a little jeb symbol on your monitor frame for every kill.

8 minutes ago, Tyko said:

it's scarier that you kept count...you need a tiny rubber stamp of jeb so you can put a little jeb symbol on your monitor frame for every kill.

exactly what I was thinking :D.

Well, as long as you learn something from it, it's not that bad. After all, Jeb doesn't really die, even if he's listed as "dead" in your save (depending on your gameplay settings). To actually kill him, you need to somehow manage to kill KSP itself and well... good luck with that :P

There are other kerbals, let alone other orange suits, that are feeling left ot of this discussion.

Massive misinterpretation: so, give Jeb some company? :sticktongue:

3 hours ago, B-STRK said:

There are other kerbals, let alone other orange suits, that are feeling left ot of this discussion.

Massive misinterpretation: so, give Jeb some company? :sticktongue:

Bob, Bill, and Val are stuck on Dres, we don't talk about them okay? Plus Jeb- yeah Jeb doesn't have any company.

19 hours ago, LeKiwi said:

Bob, Bill, and Val are stuck on Dres, we don't talk about them okay? Plus Jeb- yeah Jeb doesn't have any company.

My veterans are stuck in Minmus, on a hotel on a mountain. With no hope neither.

The mining rover is in the Junkyard, it had too much design flaws.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, LeKiwi said:

Random kerbal in the KSC: "Anyone know what happened to Bob, Bill and Val?

Random Kerbal 2: "We don't talk about them"

R1: "but-"

R2: "I said we don't talk about them"

:D.

First to the original poster, I think there should be some sort of a badge for killing Jeb that many times.

What about all the other Kerbonauts?

In the original Star Trek T.V. series whenever they transported down to an alien planet's surface, they would take the Away Team with them. Invariably one or more of the Away Team would be killed. Eventually the orange suits would prevail against all odds and triumphantly beam back up to the Star Ship Enterprise. Capt. Kirk would make some vaguely philosophical and social relevant comment as the Star Ship Enterprise raced away at warp speed - never to mention the lost members of the Away Team ever again...

As for Jeb... When I was still new to the game, near Kerbin asteroids were a total mystery to me. When I finally figured out you could just click on a button in the Tracking Station to see the asteroid's orbit, I sent a mission. Jeb was up, and I sent him out to the intercept. He got there without much trouble and was using RCS to get a close look at all sides of the asteroid. And then the asteroid took an unexpected turn and the ship exploded! When the flames clear Jeb was still there. The fuel tank, engine and two of the four RCS  engines were gone, but Jeb and the command module survived. 

Maybe it was my fault, but who can lay blame in a situation like that? :) But anyway, by now Jeb was racing away from Kerbin on his way to an AP somewhere past Dres. It hardly seemed worth the Delta-V to rescue him until he got closer to a Kerbin orbit, so I just left him out there for a few years.

On 8/28/2017 at 5:19 PM, LeKiwi said:

Rest in Pieces Jeb

It's not bad, just monotonous.   You should set it so dead kerbs don't respawn, so you can kill somebody else :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.