• this is a modded install
  • I have checked all the mods to ensure current versions and compatablilty
  • I have unmodded
  • I have done a reinstall
  • I have done a deep clean reinstall
  • this viersion is not from steam, but direct from the developers webpage
  • I have done a 50/50 mod check method
  • and I have the log file

I am NOT downloading some program to imbed the file into the message, so deal with it.

BEGIN LOG FILE:

[snip]

now, my issue. the game crashes at the end of the loading screen. refer to the bullets above BEFORE giving me advice that I have already done. thank you. now, if anyone can, can you help me figure out this latest headache concerning this program?

Edited by Vanamonde
Removed log file.

YOU DON'T NEED TO DOWNLOAD A PROGRAM. Go to dropbox or  google drive or whatever site you choose, make an account, upload the log, paste the link here. SIMPLE.

Plus that's not even the right log. The one that's more helpful is the out_put.log, which if you don't know how to find, you can read the instructions here: 

8 hours ago, Kamiyosha said:

F:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by Jason-Administrator.

85% memory in use.

3070 MB physical memory [430 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
2048 MB user address space [49 MB free].
Write to location 00000020 caused an access violation.

99% probability that you're running out of memory.

8 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

99% probability that you're running out of memory.

that was my conclusion.

14 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

What was the outcome of that?

same result. crash on the loading screen.

so, thank you for you assistance. I have reached the conclusion that my version is unplayable until I can afford to purchase a 64 bit computer. squad may as well just stop supporting 32 because they cant figure out that we gamers would prefer longer loading screens over fast boots in favor of stable platforms using dynamically loaded ram method. loading the whole game into the ram is ok for computers that have really no limits on ram, but 32 bit NEEDS dynamically loaded ram allocations. the program is simply becoming too large for 32 bit to handle.

ok, rant over. I am not going to be seeking further advice on this subject. it gives me a headache. and everyone keeps saying "go to 64" without considering financial situations first, you guys excluded of course. squad made a really cool game, without considering system impact and redoing the allocation system to better handle limited ram situations. i'll see you guys some time in the future.

It ran decently on my win7 sp1 laptop with 4GB ram as long as I limited my mods (KER/MJ and some minor stuff).

The only thing I did was setting the max user space limit to 3GB with:

bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072

I'm not sure it would work with only 3GB physical and with swap turned off.

(It's still running on that laptop but now under Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

UPDATE:

I redid a BCD edit, and made a few changes to the BIOS of my computer, and now KSP is starting normally. although its still hogging a lot of resources, it is at least playable for a short time before a RAM overage causes CTD, which everyone is still having issues with. I would still like to see squad redo the allocation method for ram limited systems, or for that matter, all systems, simply because having the whole thing load into the ram is not the best of ideas, especially when we are dealing with the textures. it doesn't help that many modders don't consider the texture load their mods take up, and one still has to be careful how much ram load you are asking for.

In any case, my issue is fixed, so, thanks again for helping out. and I don't know how to close the thread. lol.

see ya'll later.

Welcome to our forum, Kamiyosha. 

We're sorry, but large text files like that can cause slow page loads or even errors, so it has been removed from your post. Please feel free to upload it to a file sharing site, though, and link to it here. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.