[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Up to 4x warp, to be more precise ;)

Any more than that wouldn't be very useful in any case.

Nova mentioned trying to go for 10x .... have you abandoned that in the end?

(It would be useful to simulate kinda-more-realistic ion engines, as he said.)

I have a feeling...

JFK's speech at Rice University was on September 12th, 50 years ago.

hmmm... possible .17 release date?

Do not try and guess release dates. This only riles up the community and ends up with everyone getting angry. Just please keep your speculations to yourself.

Edited by OtherDalfite
Spelling error

A better answer might have been that the devs have already said they wont do that, because in their eyes the point of the game is to play it, rather than have your computer play it for you (which actually isn't a lsight against people who use mechjeb, even though I just did a fantastic job of making it sound like one). I imagine at some point the guidance system (or whatever they called it) that was originally slated for... .15 I think, will once again be up for development, which will allow you to play out a flight in advance, and give you indicators in game to guide you (but you still do all the flying). They will leave the autopilot in the hands of the mod community.

At least that is my understanding.

Aside from the planets, I am looking forward to the new indicators for stuff like drag and thrust and CoG.

Also thinking perhaps some sort of camera should be built into the game (unless we get a ground radar to shows distance and ideally inclination), because if we want to fly start to end without ever leaving the cockpit, landing is going to be pretty much impossible without using an autopilot that does know where the ground is. Or we are going to have to get more creative in our landers so that the windows face down (which would actually be a fantastic way to land).

Or we are going to have to get more creative in our landers so that the windows face down (which would actually be a fantastic way to land).

I'm doing this in .17 whether there are landing cameras or not. That'd be so cool to do, watching the Munar surface come towards your pod window slowly.

To be honest, I think 0.17 is really closing in on release. There are 4 things under development (one of them are the planets) and they all 4 almost done. There are 2 things (prebuild ships and new parts) that are still planning. So the Experimental Relause isn't so far away. It's almost 1.5 months ago ksp started to make 0.17.

You making really good progres on 0.17 ksp team!

honestly im thinking there have may already been an X build, things have been quite as of late and thats usually what it means.... and even if there isnt I still reckon I'll be playing 0.17 before borderlands 2

(and the sneaky thing is just the mere mention of an X build should prompt a person in higher authority to spill the beans haha)

To be honest, I think 0.17 is really closing in on release. There are 4 things under development (one of them are the planets) and they all 4 almost done. There are 2 things (prebuild ships and new parts) that are still planning. So the Experimental Relause isn't so far away. It's almost 1.5 months ago ksp started to make 0.17.

You making really good progres on 0.17 ksp team!

I think they are almost done. The list is outdated.. HarvesteR updated that list only 4-5 times in one month.. IVA looks ok ( Nova's Pic ), there are some new parts, the planets are done, and the rest are either done, either easy to make it.

So Pleborian may be right, the experimentals maybe are up.. Oh god .. How much I wanted to be a tester.. I'll be happy if 0.17 will be up before Borderlands 2..