[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

It's too easy to start rumors that end in dissapointment and more stress for the devs.

respect, i understand. just saying thread says unofficial lol the whole point of the thread is speculation, otherwise what are we doing here? if someone ignorantly takes something here as fact the disappointment is on them not the Devs. figure long as no one here is trying to draw the attention of mods or devs to destract them from their job (aka asking for release date or release info), its just fans talking about whats coming (a forum)

Edit:late reply, not intentional derail

respect, i understand. just saying thread says unofficial lol the whole point of the thread is speculation, otherwise what are we doing here? if someone ignorantly takes something here as fact the disappointment is on them not the Devs. figure long as no one here is trying to draw the attention of mods or devs to destract them from their job (aka asking for release date or release info), its just fans talking about whats coming (a forum)

Edit:late reply, not intentional derail

Plus, I think we all assumed we were mature enough to speculate without derailing.

Plus, I think we all assumed we were mature enough to speculate without derailing.

I'm very sure you are. The point is that lots and lots of people don't are that mature.

The past has proven it 3 times!

I think that a topic like this, were the ksp dev Nova is posting some work, it is still dangerous to speculate.

Some people just can't see the difference between a dev post and a regular post. They all accept it as a valid release date (they read what they want to read).

It's sad, but not much we can change about. :(

Solution: start a site or go to another forum and do a bet there. I don't think that the rules can forbid that. As long as there are no links to it posted on this forum (not even coded with mysite (DOT) com).

Anyway back on-topic. :)

Any Idea what happens when you crash during IVA's?

I'm also wondering this, might be fun or very scary I guess. :P

Please don't reference things claiming to be literature I cannot even call literature here. Ugh. No offense if you like it, but the mention of the name makes me feel like vomiting.

Keep it to KSP, please. Go discuss those things elsewhere... Please.

Now, that done... Back to waiting 100% impatiently for the next update :D

No offense if you like it, but the mention of the name makes me feel like vomiting.

I take offense to the fact that you even considered the possibility that I'd like it. :(

Now, just to keep it KSP-related and avoid attracting the moderators' attention with large concentrations of off-topic: I can't wait to crash a command pod into Jool! :D

Edited by Felsmak

Any Idea what happens when you crash during IVA's?

I would think it just immediately changes to 3rd person view and from there you can then press Esc and what not.

Someone also said they can make a heavy lifter from forty parts? How do you go about designing that? Because I really need something lighter right now... ;)

Someone also said they can make a heavy lifter from forty parts? How do you go about designing that? Because I really need something lighter right now... ;)

whatever it is, it will probably utilize fuel lines that feed every stage's engine at all times, even before you get to that stage that is. Try not to have any dead weight engines just sitting there waiting for their turn before they start doing work.

Also, see if you can set up stages where each stage drops off used up fuel tanks.

For instance, instead of setting up a stage that has an engine and 3 or 4 stacked fuel tanks to it, try to brake that down into more stages, where each stage drops off the used up fuel tanks. Those two things, should effectively make it a much more efficient setup, as it will trim off unnecessary weight instead of having to haul it with you. Not 100% sure if the physics engine takes under consideration full to empty tanks (or if there is a difference between no tank, and a n empty tank), but the idea is sound.

Also, think more wide, than tall. that will give you setup with more engines doing work at the same time, hence greatly alleviating the burden of weight on fewer engines.

Also, this idea is taking under consideration only vanilla parts, cause I'm sure there are some other alternatives that really throw off the balance of the game, and make it a bit of a cop out.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by tsakali

also, unless someone can correct me, don't even bother with solid fuel engines... they seem very underpowered, and no matter what configuration I used them in, they always suck compared to liquid fuel setups.

i don't even think they are worth the extra weight , even at the start.. you'd be better off using a liquid engine instead....pretty much under any circumstances. Again, I really hope I get proven wrong, cause I don't particularly enjoy ignoring them completely.