[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

wait a minute......

Okay, because nobody can seem to get it 100% right...

In future updates:

Asteroid belt

Gas Planet 2

-Rings

-Ringed moon

Gas Planet 3

-?

Tiny Ice Planet

-Tiny Ice Moon

Gas Planet 4

-?

Hel

Type of Celestial Object: Planet

Appearance: Small, transparent atmosphere, white surface

Kerbin:Hel size ratio 3:1,

Atmosphere: 99% Helium, 1% Nitrogen

Gravity 0.3 Kerbal G\'s,

Apoapsis-2000 Million km,

Periapsis-1990 Million Km

Average Surface Temperature:-200C

Rotation time-10 Kerbin Days

Moons-1, Helnor

Description: A very boring world, with it\'s smooth surface and dry ice surface, there really is no point landing here

Helnor

Type of Celestial Object: Planetary Moon

Appearance: White surface with large light green areas

Kerbin:Helnor size ratio 10:1

Atmosphere: None

Gravity 0.1Kerbal G\'s,

Apoapsis-10\'000km

Periapsis-9\'500km

Average Surface Temperature:-200 C

Rotation time-15 Kerbin Days

Description: The only moon Of Hel is quite more interesting than it\'s parent body, especially with it\'s large green continent-like areas

nova pls

Turbotjets work better, but this is way off topic.

Discussing ways of exploring the ocean worlds seems on topic to me.. but thanks for the heads up on turbo jets, I'll give them a go next :)

Also does anyone know if the oceans on Eve and Lythe will have the same density as Kerbins?

Edited by Richy teh space man
Added more words

Okay, so I'm not sure how many of you read the ksp subreddit, but someone posted a new picture which looks like it is from .17 and then deleted their account when I inquired:

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/zmwsr/rendevous_above_kerbin_my_new_desktop_wallpaper/

This might mean that there are experimental releases out there! :)

And a mirrored link in case the first one goes down: http://i.imgur.com/syaYA.jpg

The sky looks different in .17

This image is from .16

Those are just mod parts.

Discussing ways of exploring the ocean worlds seems on topic to me.. but thanks for the heads up on turbo jets, I'll give them a go next :)

Also does anyone know if the oceans on Eve and Lythe will have the same density as Kerbins?

I would imagine Eve's to be more dense, as the gravity is higher, and it's supposed to be mercury. The turbotjets usually work better because of the lower thrust and lower fuel consumption. You can go alot farther and the boat is a lot more stable.

I would imagine Eve's to be more dense, as the gravity is higher, and it's supposed to be mercury. The turbotjets usually work better because of the lower thrust and lower fuel consumption. You can go alot farther and the boat is a lot more stable.

I don't recall the mercury oceans every being said by Nova. Pretty sure that's a fan speculation.

People posting amphibious craft, have you seen the screens Nova posted of the Ocean moon? It looks like there are icy landmasses to land on, so what you are trying to do, and thence implicitly your lives, are in fact pointless.

Even still, mercury or water, the higher gravity should cause it to be more dense, and vice versa.

I guess I've never thought about this before, but would an object have more bouancy in water on a planet with more gravity? the water would be denser, but the object would be under the force of more gravity. I'd guess however, that they do not balance out, and that under higher gravity, bouyancy has a stronger effect.

Even still, mercury or water, the higher gravity should cause it to be more dense, and vice versa.

No it won't. It'll have the same density it does anywhere else, regardless of local gravity.

I guess I've never thought about this before, but would an object have more bouancy in water on a planet with more gravity? the water would be denser, but the object would be under the force of more gravity. I'd guess however, that they do not balance out, and that under higher gravity, bouyancy has a stronger effect.

Both the water and the object floating in it would be heavier. Since buoyancy is based on the relative density of two substances, it isn't dependent on the strength of local gravity.

Edited by mossman

Okay, so I'm not sure how many of you read the ksp subreddit, but someone posted a new picture which looks like it is from .17 and then deleted their account when I inquired:

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/zmwsr/rendevous_above_kerbin_my_new_desktop_wallpaper/

This might mean that there are experimental releases out there! :)

And a mirrored link in case the first one goes down: http://i.imgur.com/syaYA.jpg

I think he/she/it used just the same mod parts like Nova. Sry dude. :(

With regards to the supposed 0.17 picture arnt you not supposed to see that many stars when your on the light side of a celestial body because you can on that pic, and they did have a problem with the new star map showing up brighly in the day. also a comparison, this is the current one.

With regards to the supposed 0.17 picture arnt you not supposed to see that many stars when your on the light side of a celestial body because you can on that pic, and they did have a problem with the new star map showing up brighly in the day. also a comparison, this is the current one.

In addition here are three pictures to compare:

13GbK

A picture made by Nutt007 (it was the first similiar space picture I found in awesome pictures thread) with the 0.16 Skymap.

Now a comparison between the probably leaked picture and one of Nova's screenshots:

syaYA.jpg

jHurw.jpg

I'm pretty sure that'S the 0.17 skybox