[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

if the list of things in .17 on the first post under here are being kept up to date, seems like there is alot of stuff, still in planning and in production. So it seems to me .17 is still at least a month away.

Most of those things are minor issues. Mechanics are mostly in. Scenarios, and pre-builds can be done in 2-3 days. And Last time we heard from C7, the internal cockpits were being developed. I think new parts will just be cut from this release, along with some planets, and moved to .18

So the only thing would be the visual representation of drag, and You can wrap up .17 I think that the test group is or will be shortly very busy...

I'm actually ok with cutting some of the planets from this release. After all, it almost seems too much stuff / too good to be true, for one release. I think that they should leave some planets / moons for release with .18 or .19 since they are a big part of this game when it comes to creating more gameplay. What could possibly be more exciting than the addition of planetary objects? Adding all these bodies in one release will surely make other releases feel not as awesome.

This, my good sir, is madness!

Nope. He has a point. Even adding 1 planet with moons would be enough exploring for one release. Think how long did we play with Kerbin+its moons. Moving planets to other releases would give us all time to properly explore what we get. If You get 5 planets, You'll just go to each body once, and that will be it, because You still need to get to the others ASAP

This part I don't like. I hoped it'll force us to design vehicles capable of landing on water:(

If this is Laythe I think it looks way better than in the old pic. It didnt look like it had land in the other picture and it looked a bit too clean and polished, like a giant blue marble out of place.

This part I don't like. I hoped it'd force us to design vehicles capable of landing on water:(

I'd really like it to have some landmass. What Nova posted may be a bit much, though.

Still pretty pumped!

If this is Laythe I think it looks way better than in the old pic. It didnt look like it had land in the other picture

I guess they didn't call it OceanMoon for nothing.

and it looked a bit too clean and polished, like a giant blue marble out of place.

The game being in alpha, I personally wouldn't have minded.

Edited by Accelerando

We already got pictures of Duna and his moon Ike, Jool with Laythe and Bop and I think Vall and Tylo were somewhere at the pictures too. So there are still Eve, Gilly and Moho left. Awesome work, Nova. Keep creating the system Kerbol.

We already got pictures of Duna and his moon Ike, Jool with Laythe and Bop and I think Vall and Tylo were somewhere at the pictures too. So there are still Eve, Gilly and Moho left. Awesome work, Nova. Keep creating the system Kerbol.

I bet ya Nova won't show moho, we will have to find it ourselves. If Nova said it's finished but not post a pic then he won't show it. He probably hasn't made a rocket yet to get there :P

I love the fact that Laythe has both land and water, if you wanted to build a rocket to land on water then build a rocket and land it on the water part, at least you aren't restricted to just water. I for one would like to land on a coast so I get the best of both; maybe someone will build an amphibious rover, unless there already is one? (hint hint modders) ;)