Jump to content

[1.8.x] Probe Control Room Recontrolled


Recommended Posts

Hi, is there a way to unbind (or possibly re-bind) default "C" key which switches me to the room? I cannot find it anywhere and it is quite annoying to be switched everytime i write "c" in kOS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ngx said:

Hi, is there a way to unbind (or possibly re-bind) default "C" key which switches me to the room? I cannot find it anywhere and it is quite annoying to be switched everytime i write "c" in kOS.

There has already been discussion about this on page 5.
I'm not the dev for this mod, so i cant speak for LGG whether he wants to look into this or not, but IMHO, this seems most defiantely a problem with kOS, rather than this mod.
The "C" key is default for switching between IVA views, which this mod basically *is*... So I would say this mod is working as intended.
I would raise the issue on the kOS thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ngx said:

Hi, is there a way to unbind (or possibly re-bind) default "C" key which switches me to the room? I cannot find it anywhere and it is quite annoying to be switched everytime i write "c" in kOS.

in the meantime, look into telnet. It's very easy to get setup

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

in the meantime, look into telnet. It's very easy to get setup

Yeah, maybe that use case might get me to eventually look into tweaking my firewall settings–at the moment I simply blanket-deny KSP from any network access.

IMO it is mandatory to block KSP, because I did not opt-in to any "telemetry", Squad's or anybody else's; and there are several (even popular) mods that either don't ask at all, or connect first and ask to opt out later. Also, Unity's idiotic opt-out policy, that requires KSP to contact a server to see if the user has opted out... yeah right. Do I even need to start? I wonder if this would stand legal scrutiny, if somebody were to actually make a case of it. My understanding of the GDPR (of course only in places where it applies) is telemetry needs to be opt-IN, i.e. asking before the fact, and respecting that. Not opt-out after the fact, and then STILL contacting a server with a unique user ID every time to see if that user did indeed opt out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

There has already been discussion about this on page 5.
I'm not the dev for this mod, so i cant speak for LGG whether he wants to look into this or not, but IMHO, this seems most defiantely a problem with kOS, rather than this mod.
The "C" key is default for switching between IVA views, which this mod basically *is*... So I would say this mod is working as intended.
I would raise the issue on the kOS thread.

Thank you for your answer and also for the reference. I couldn't find anything on the forum, apparently I was using bad search strings.
I thought it could be caused by default 'C' key function, however, I was confused, because it doesn't happen with manned vehicles (when PCR is kinda "inactive"). Typing "c" in kOS does not switch you into cockpit.
Anyway, thank you for the explanation, it makes sense. I'll have to cope with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ngx said:

....because it doesn't happen with manned vehicles (when PCR is kinda "inactive"). Typing "c" in kOS does not switch you into cockpit.

Hmm.. that  *is* weird. vOv ... And who knows?... LGG may see this or get enuff reports, that it might get looked into on his end.
However, i still hold that, since its when you are *typing 'c' in the kOS terminal*, that does it, rather than a normal use of the 'c' key bind to actually interact with KSP itself, its happening *inside* the kOS UI, so IMHO, its really an issue they should really be looking into... vOv

I know you're not the first, but one of several, that I have heard report this exact same issue. vOv

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

However, i still hold that, since its when you are *typing 'c' in the kOS terminal*, that does it, rather than a normal use of the 'c' key bind to actually interact with KSP itself, its happening *inside* the kOS UI

I think you're right with kOS. It seems to me that every particular scene is handled separately in kOS. "c" with PCR is not the only case when terminal keystrokes leak outside, I tested a bit and it happens (at least) with HullCam too.
I noticed the issue is already reported on github, hope devs will find time to address it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ngx said:

I noticed the issue is already reported on github, hope devs will find time to address it. 

gotcha ;)
If you didnt, you should add a comment to the issue... the moar peeps reporting it, might make it moar of a priority... vOv ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hope this helps someone in future, or possibly worth popping on the front page of this thread or if this is something more for CKAN thread :) 

 

If installing this mod via CKAN and all of your probe cores are missing you've installed wrong one.

The old deprecated version of this mod is labelled as working on any version of KSP when it actually removes all of your Probe Cores from the VAB and also breaks saves.

 

Installing this version (Probe Control Room Recontrolled ) works with no problems

Thanks LinuxGuruGamer for maintaining !!  (Not tagged as i know it annoys some people :))

 

Sorry if i've posted this in the wrong place, i'll delete if you need

 

***EDIT***

I've asked them to amend in the CKAN Forum

 

Edited by Squeaky
Update
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I have a small issue related to this mod, but not sure.

When using the PCR mod and switching between map view and PCR, and maybe also between 3rd person view and PCR, every now and then the main GUI dissapears (navball, stageoverview, toolbar). To get it back I need to hit F3 to see the log and then go back to ordinary view.

I find it wierd. It may be a joint issue with the "Through the eyes of Kerbal" even though I haven't launched any kerbed (manned) rockets yet.

 

Are there any recent similar bugs where I might find a solution to this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...
On 3/23/2020 at 12:47 AM, RurouniDonut said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer I've managed to add the MAS mod equivalent of RPM monitors but they don't seem to function correctly. They display but don't respond to input. Is there something in the source that is possibly only causing RPM to work? I've added all the right modules as far as I'm aware.

Add me to the list of people interested in making ProbeControlRoom and MAS compatible. I found tonight that the issue is on the MAS side of the fence - MAS is coded to only run its update cycle on crewed vessels, which is why uncrewed vessels only update when the scene is reloaded.

See my post in the MAS thread for more details.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sovetskysoyuz said:

Add me to the list of people interested in making ProbeControlRoom and MAS compatible. I found tonight that the issue is on the MAS side of the fence - MAS is coded to only run its update cycle on crewed vessels, which is why uncrewed vessels only update when the scene is reloaded.

See my post in the MAS thread for more details.

This mod is at the bottom of my list of things-to-do.  If someone were to submit a PR with the changes, i'd be happy to rebuild and release, but I won't be getting around to this anytime soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...