making post pics less compliacated

That's the question for the Internet managers.

However

9 hours ago, Jack5.exe said:

To add a pic you have to do a bunch of shoot, 

1. Go to imgur.com / any other pic hosting

2. Paste your pic

3. Copy link

4. Paste on forums

That's less than 30 seconds.

Also

9 hours ago, Jack5.exe said:

add an image from your files like Gmail or google docs?

What's the difference here? Imgur, Gmail, gdocs, tinypic, imageshack(hah)?

On 28/10/2017 at 3:07 PM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

If you have KSP on Steam you can also link your Steam images directly like you would an Imgur upload.

I've noticed (here and on KerbalX) that urls to images on steam (and some of the other potential hosts) expire after a while and you get left with a missing image placeholder. Or is that caused by the uploader having a clean up and removing images from their account? 

I can totally understand why the forum doesn't want to deal with hosting images themselves; storage/bandwidth costs plus issues surrounding copyright and inappropriate images. I have to host the thumbnail images on KerbalX (because hosting those on imgur violated imgur's TOS) and that was a bit of a minefield to setup, requires lots of moderation and certainly isn't free! The amount of images (and at a higher resolution) that would be needed for the forum would be greater so it would be costly. With so many free image hosting services that allow cross site sharing is seems pointless for the forum to add that burden. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2017 at 7:29 PM, katateochi said:

I've noticed (here and on KerbalX) that urls to images on steam (and some of the other potential hosts) expire after a while and you get left with a missing image placeholder. Or is that caused by the uploader having a clean up and removing images from their account? 

A little from column A, a little from column B, plus a little from column C:  Image hoster panics, "holy cow someone is using our image hoster to host images!" and blocks hotlinking, causing all remote images to be replaced with a kitten and a "pay more to unlock this feature" notice.

Only Imgur images seem to have survived the test of time.  But Imgur's been getting squirrelier lately.  Nowdays links to images get replaced with a link to a webpage so they can serve more ads.  But image hotlinks themselves are still honored, for now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.