Jump to content

SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)


VITAS
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm getting upload errors, I made my mod 30mb smaller in this build update and now I'm told by Spacedock:

"This mod is too big to upload." 5 times over as many hours

I'm slightly concerned, reducing size and getting a "too big" warning...seems "odd"

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Aazard said:

I'm getting upload errors, I made my mod 30mb smaller in this build update and now I'm told by Spacedock:

"This mod is too big to upload." 5 times over as many hours

I'm slightly concerned, reducing size and getting a "too big" warning...seems "odd"

Oddly, that's how SpaceDock handles a "Bad Gateway" status:

https://github.com/KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock/blob/082b3f21a158324acbdb45075bcd0058d6a1cd1a/frontend/coffee/update.coffee#L44-L47

        catch SyntaxError
            # No nice error message from server, let's fill something in
            if this.status == 502
                result = { error: true, reason: "This mod is too big to upload." }

https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

Quote

10.5.3 502 Bad Gateway

The server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, received an invalid response from the upstream server it accessed in attempting to fulfill the request.

Looks like a server issue unrelated to the specifics of your mod. There are other things that aren't working currently (CKAN bot is spamming errors continuously while checking SpaceDock-hosted mods), so hopeully @VITAS will be able to figure out what's happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Oddly, that's how SpaceDock handles a "Bad Gateway" status:

https://github.com/KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock/blob/082b3f21a158324acbdb45075bcd0058d6a1cd1a/frontend/coffee/update.coffee#L44-L47

        catch SyntaxError
            # No nice error message from server, let's fill something in
            if this.status == 502
                result = { error: true, reason: "This mod is too big to upload." }

https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

Looks like a server issue unrelated to the specifics of your mod. There are other things that aren't working currently (CKAN bot is spamming errors continuously while checking SpaceDock-hosted mods), so hopeully @VITAS will be able to figure out what's happening.

Ok shame there is a CKAN issue. Good to know it isnt me.

Best wishes on a solution 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else getting "Can't be downloaded securely" on Chrome for every download from the site? It's easily fixed on the user end by opening the chrome download page and clicking "keep anyway" on the downloads, but it seems to be doing it for every file on the site. And yes, I know someone is going to answer with "use a different browser", and I don't want to hear it :P.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, ForgiLaGeord said:

Anyone else getting "Can't be downloaded securely" on Chrome for every download from the site? It's easily fixed on the user end by opening the chrome download page and clicking "keep anyway" on the downloads, but it seems to be doing it for every file on the site. And yes, I know someone is going to answer with "use a different browser", and I don't want to hear it :P.

 

White list spacedock.....

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ForgiLaGeord said:

Can I get some more details on that process? I've never had to do that before, and a search turns up a lot of different things.

oh poop...pure google scary Google > NSA :cool:> 9 eyes :ph34r: > public info :(. this will save me 15 minutes: (this is what i really do outside of ksp btw)

I suggest you UNDERSTAND why "pure" google is bad (using google logins/services...safely...is not)

backdate your chrome to chrome 82 at the "newest", after that its code is VERY iffy with http vs https (as soon chrome WILL not support http at all)

https://9to5google.com/2020/02/06/chrome-secure-downloads/

chrome-secure-downloads-1.png?resize=102

Just use brave, its safe, no ads (other than 5 "notifications" per hour, optional, will pay you $15 to $20 a month, plus its based on chrome, with firefox like security and uses addons for "chrome" with no issue, plus its WAY faster.

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2020 at 4:10 PM, Delta dart said:

Can access the site but takes me to the "This Site is Unavailable Right Now" page when I try to download a mod.

 

Edit: fixed

 

16 hours ago, Aazard said:

I'm getting upload errors, I made my mod 30mb smaller in this build update and now I'm told by Spacedock:

"This mod is too big to upload." 5 times over as many hours

I'm slightly concerned, reducing size and getting a "too big" warning...seems "odd"

 

15 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Oddly, that's how SpaceDock handles a "Bad Gateway" status:

https://github.com/KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock/blob/082b3f21a158324acbdb45075bcd0058d6a1cd1a/frontend/coffee/update.coffee#L44-L47

        catch SyntaxError
            # No nice error message from server, let's fill something in
            if this.status == 502
                result = { error: true, reason: "This mod is too big to upload." }

https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

Looks like a server issue unrelated to the specifics of your mod. There are other things that aren't working currently (CKAN bot is spamming errors continuously while checking SpaceDock-hosted mods), so hopeully @VITAS will be able to figure out what's happening.

Good news, I finally found some time to investigate, and we got the problem resolved!

Turns out, celery auto-upgraded after the server restart, and the new version only wants its command line arguments IN UPPERCASE, not lowercase. Very delicate, if you ask me.

Uploading mods, downloading mods (also via CKAN), email notifications and everything else should work reliably again. Please let us now if something still doesn't behave the way it should.

Sorry for the inconvenience, thanks for the patience!

Edited by DasSkelett
Link to comment
Share on other sites

umm slightly off topic area for this question maybe:

how do I take "the optional" part of my mod and make it "attached" to same release on github and then CKAN/spacedock.

I have searched, but I dont want to burn down my repo acting without asking 1st

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update:

In order to allow Google Chrome Browser users to access SpaceDock in the future i will deploy some updates tomorrow morning (05:10.2020 8:00 CEST).
Downtime should be in the range of Minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2020 at 5:17 AM, ForgiLaGeord said:

Anyone else getting "Can't be downloaded securely" on Chrome for every download from the site? It's easily fixed on the user end by opening the chrome download page and clicking "keep anyway" on the downloads, but it seems to be doing it for every file on the site. And yes, I know someone is going to answer with "use a different browser", and I don't want to hear it :P.

 

20 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Update:

In order to allow Google Chrome Browser users to access SpaceDock in the future i will deploy some updates tomorrow morning (05:10.2020 8:00 CEST).
Downtime should be in the range of Minutes.

We have to thank @ForgiLaGeord for making us aware of that one. Apparently Chrome started to show those warnings in the latest version, but will start blocking downloads altogether in the next one, releasing tomorrow. This would make Chrome users that are updating early unable to download mods at all from SpaceDock.

If someone is interested in the problem, here's the PR explaining the problem more detailed, but in short, we accidentally redirected downloads via HTTP. The downloads themselves were HTTPS and thus encrypted, no worries, but one step in between, after clicking the download button, wasn't. This poses an opportunity for attackers to make you download a different, manipulated file.
Not really a concern for SpaceDock, but Chrome has a solid point in discouraging and preventing such situations.

On 10/3/2020 at 8:04 PM, Aazard said:

umm slightly off topic area for this question maybe:

how do I take "the optional" part of my mod and make it "attached" to same release on github and then CKAN/spacedock.

I have searched, but I dont want to burn down my repo acting without asking 1st

Just split those optional files out into a separate zip, and upload that separate zip as another mod on SpaceDock (and as additional release asset on GitHub). In the description you mention the need for the base mod to be installed. Make sure that there aren't any files with the same name and path, because CKAN can't overwrite files (and non-CKAN-users might get confused if they have to).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

(and as additional release asset on GitHub).

Thats the part I do not understand.

Can you link me to info? I see the RSS textures guys do iy in same release (I think)

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update:

In order to allow Google Chrome Browser users to access SpaceDock in the future i will deploy some updates tomorrow morning (05:10.2020 8:00 CEST).
Downtime should be in the range of Minutes.

 

Done.

Edited by VITAS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want to point out some changes we just deployed:

  • Disappearing thumbnails and header images are finally fixed!
    If one of your mods currently has a black thumbnail and the header image disappeared mysteriously, please reupload it one last time, this time it will stay for good.
    Yes, even PNGs with alpha channel and other color modes will work for header images now, and the server takes care of converting them to JPEGs for the thumbnails.
    Also newly generated thumbnails should have a little higher quality now, more improvements to thumbnails and headers are being discussed and in the works.
  • Chrome users will still be able to download mods in the future!
    As I wrote above, we fortunately became aware of the download warning, that Google plans to turn into a complete block with today's update, thanks to @ForgiLaGeord reporting the issue. We could fix the cause for those warnings, so downloads will continue to work on Chrome, now without warning.
  • Per-version download stats, a download button on the mod thumbnail, several modpack fixes to make them usable again, and a lot more.
    We are slowly but surely getting this old codebase into a working and maintainable state.
    For a full overview of today's fixes and changes, see this pull request.

Once again, thanks for the patience during the downtime today. Not a single question about what's happening from users that can't read the last comment on a thread, that's a first!

Edited by DasSkelett
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, DasSkelett said:

Disappearing thumbnails and header images are finally fixed!
If one of your mods currently has a black thumbnail and the header image disappeared mysteriously, please reupload it one last time, this time it will stay for good.
Yes, even PNGs with alpha channel and other color modes will work for header images now, and the server takes care of converting them to JPEGs for the thumbnails.
Also newly generated thumbnails should have a little higher quality now, more improvements to thumbnails and headers are being discussed and in the works.

Finally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SpaceDock isn't like Google but more like Linux:

There isn't an Army of Workers and Vaults full of cash but only a handfull of your fellow community members pulling all nighters to keep this running and on top of that paying money to co-finance the whole thing.

Its only as good as your support.

Less help less SpaceDock.

:)
 

Edited by VITAS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Note:

SpaceDock has an IRC channel (#spacedock on espernet) Discord:  https://discord.gg/KQbnUF and an Matrix server: +spacedock:52k.de
We are getting regular questions a bout mods now we cant answer as well as you guys can. Pointing them to the Forums doesn't seem to help.
So please consider joining.
Bonus: you can yell at us in real time ;)

 

p.s. if you want to use irc and want bnc i can supply that (if you think i just mashed my keys you're fine)

Edited by VITAS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Note:

SpaceDock has an IRC channel (#spacedock on espernet) Discord:  https://discord.gg/KQbnUF and an Matrix server: +spacedock:52k.de
We are getting regular questions a bout mods now we cant answer as well as you guys can. Pointing them to the Forums doesn't seem to help.
So please consider joining.
Bonus: you can yell at us in real time ;)

Ok, I already did

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...