So 1.4 is upon us....

Gargamel

1 hour ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

I wouldn't be opposed to that, but I think we all know more is coming. Whether it's more updates, DLC, or a sequel, I couldn't say. But T2 didn't buy the title just to declare it finished. At this point, which would you consider more likely: 1.5 or KSP2? Neither would surprise me.

KSP2 as I see it as a guarantee and the likely reason Take Two bought KSP.

Some content has been removed due to rude and accusatory behavior.

Folks, it's never appropriate to complain about modders not updating things.  Modders don't owe you (or anybody else) anything.  They do what they do for free, as a hobby, putting in long hours of hard, thankless work to give us shiny toys for free, purely out of the goodness of their hearts.  That's incredibly decent of them, and yelling and complaining that they're not working hard enough is a pretty poor way to show appreciation to someone who's been working hard for all of us for free.

If you don't want to wait for a mod to update, then don't use it.  Or even better, go write your own mod-- maybe then you'll have some understanding of how much work the modders have been putting in for all of us.  And always remember:  they don't owe you anything.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Gargamel said:

So now that 1.4.3 has dropped, I have noticed a strong lack of bugs and various problems.  Is it safe to say 1.4.3 is the stable release for 1.4?    Is it safe to update yet?  :D

When 1.4.1 hit I managed to finally locate and switch off "auto-update" for GOG (after years of forgetting), so I played it all through the reign of 1.4.2's exploding landing gear. I updated to 1.4.3 and haven't had any problems yet! I think you should do it :)

Wow - so 1.4.2 is the only version of KSP I haven't played since buying it in 0.25!

14 hours ago, Gargamel said:

So now that 1.4.3 has dropped, I have noticed a strong lack of bugs and various problems.  Is it safe to say 1.4.3 is the stable release for 1.4?    Is it safe to update yet?  :D

There is still a big long list of bugs on the bugtracker for the whole 1.4.x line, and plenty that are 1.4.3 bugs.  That being said, its certainly playable.

2 minutes ago, klesh said:

That being said, its certainly playable.

That's all I want.   But.... since I just started my 3.1 playthrough... I gotta get to Duna first....  it's been a few years since I've been there....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.