Hello everyone!

Fixsme

Hi everyone!

I began playing KSP last January on a French Youtube channel called Astronogeek. Since then I discovered that space conquest is not that easy! Long waits until you reach the right spot and then everything can go south in a fraction of seconds. 

When not on Kerbin, I'm a statistician/data scientist from France. I enjoy scuba diving, tai chi and karate.

Hope we can get along!

Greetings and welcome to the forum, @Fixsme.

For me, the best times I've had are when everything goes south and you manage to land pointing north.  Then I turn to one of my kids and say "I totally meant to do that". :cool:

3 hours ago, Fixsme said:

I'm a statistician/data scientist from France. I enjoy scuba diving, tai chi and karate.

I'm sorry but I can't help thinking that you would have to be the best qualified person if a job was ever advertised for "Mathematical Ninja".

Bonjour! (I did that right.. .right?)

I'm rather impatient, I rarely wait for a transfer window.  So I just build bigger and do everything the wrong way.  Things go south all the time, and that's the best part of the game.  Real life space is actually really boring.

@James Kerman I'm starting to think you should change your rank to "Official New Member Greeter" :D

Welcome @Fixsme! It's nice to see a fellow baguette!

The most important thing in KSP, in the words of the immortal Randall Munroe, states:

"If the flame end points towards space, you are having a very bad problem and you will not go to space today."

And don't worry, I had a lot of "very bad problems" before I could get so space today, or land on Mun, or even on Duna.

On 11/03/2018 at 1:06 PM, James Kerman said:

I'm sorry but I can't help thinking that you would have to be the best qualified person if a job was ever advertised for "Mathematical Ninja".

I don't throw patched conics at people. :sticktongue:

On 11/03/2018 at 8:55 PM, Vanamonde said:

At the same time? 

Well tai chi and karate are all about breathing ... and using gravity.

On 11/03/2018 at 8:47 PM, MinimalMinmus said:

The most important thing in KSP, in the words of the immortal Randall Munroe, states:

"If the flame end points towards space, you are having a very bad problem and you will not go to space today."

Something like an integer overflow?