The Ultimate Jool 5 Challenge Continued

2 hours ago, GRS said:

...oops, i think i forgot something...

It's a recording App, which i'm recently using, @Matt Lowne's fans thinked that OBS is very good.

Yeah, I've used it before, but I've always had issues with it.  I'll keep looking at it though.  

I just tried out Power Director's "Screen Recorder" yesterday, we'll see how that looks

1 hour ago, GRS said:

Not that big compared to @JacobJHC's "MR STARK I DONT WANT TO GO" which appear to be beyond 30000 tons, Sheep v3 Grand Tourer is around 10 times smaller.

Out of curiosity how long did you launch take IRL? Mine took nearly an hour. (~1,600 parts doesn't work out too well for even my rig lol)

Quite smooth, around 5-10 minutes with my current PC quality, with some Paranoid, redesigns freezed my PC for like 15-30 minutes. (Sheep v3 is very tall, and ascent is harder to do in the most efficient-ish way possible because of irregular, fairly strut lacking payload, that is also asymetrical, i also went 1400 m/s like below 30 Km, i also have OCD in KSP related stuff, a final orbit of 70-72 Km altitude seem uncomfortable for me, i'll fix it later)

Edited by GRS

9eFphm3.png

Whats on a stable-ish orbit now, i did restored the Chimera lifter. (also recorded it, but darn...OBS recorded it as a slideshow)

Edited by GRS

16 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

I just tried out Power Director's "Screen Recorder" yesterday, we'll see how that looks

Ewwww....  love everything else about that suite.....  not that though.

Take 2!

With PD, it took almost 90 minutes to launch to a 300x300 orbit.

With OBS, (at 30 fps :( , nothing else worked) only took an hour! Yay??!

Edited by smotheredrun

6 hours ago, GRS said:

Whats on a stable-ish orbit now, i did restored the Chimera lifter. (also recorded it, but darn...OBS recorded it as a slideshow)

Try speeding it up in movie maker, I'd also try going into settings and make sure you're not recording on some giant resolution your system can't handle.

6 hours ago, JacobJHC said:

Try speeding it up in movie maker, I'd also try going into settings and make sure you're not recording on some giant resolution your system can't handle.

I mean with very few frames, so that the last thing recorded is a frame of Chimera lifter in orbit yet i did record the whole restorarion progress, my whole quality is a darn slideshow before i got SciFiVE.

On 2/27/2019 at 12:24 AM, smotheredrun said:

at 30 fps :(, nothing else worked

Looks like a suggestion, @JacobJHC what file extension i'll have to use for a smooth video ??? (I'm still using .flv extensions and gaming max fps = 120 fps, OBS settings = 60 fps)

Edited by GRS

On 2/27/2019 at 2:53 AM, GRS said:

Looks like a suggestion, @JacobJHC what file extension i'll have to use for a smooth video ??? (I'm still using .flv extensions and gaming max fps = 120 fps, OBS settings = 60 fps)

I think a smooth video would be dependent on how well your computer is handling everything. You might be demanding too much from it. Are you on a desktop or a laptop or what?

48 minutes ago, GRS said:

A desktop (computer) with 6GB RAM and OBS makes flv extension recordings (files for Media Player Classic) there, KSP fps max 120, OBS fps est 60.

Your RAM will be causing quite an issue, I struggled for space with large ships while recording with 8GB, so that's likely what's hindering you. KSP is also a very CPU dependant game, so if you don't have a decent CPU you won't get very far.

9 hours ago, GRS said:

Then what should i do now ??? (I got a 8GB RAM Laptop)

You could upgrade your RAM in your desktop, it's one of the easiest things to replace. If you tell me exactly what processor you have (not just i5 or i7, but the exact model, for example "I5-4460") I can figure out what RAM you could get and recommend you some.

Well. The original Pentium is from 1993, but there's no way you're running KSP on that (or anything else made in the last decade). A few years back, Intel started using the Pentium name for their lower-end CPUs. In any case, you are technically under the requirements. You appear to be running EVE or something similar; that's going to hit your performance pretty hard. I'd get rid of that and turn down your graphics settings as much as you can stand.

Then its fixed, i'll get my KSP into that laptop and make a recording test, what's the extension for Windows Media Player files.

Edited by GRS

That's a somewhat complex question. The Windows native format is WMV, but that doesn't mean you have to use it. Personally, I use OBS Studio, record in FLV, then remux a copy to H264 MPEG4 for editing in Lightworks and making the final version.

Getting a high frame rate on your recording depends less on the specific format and more on how much spare CPU power and RAM your computer has. Running a game and recording software side-by-side uses a lot of resources. The video format has more to do with the image resolution, file size, playback features, stuff like that.

Anyway, the setup I described earlier works pretty well for lower-end computers, plus it's free. I'm sure you could get nicer videos with more powerful hardware and software, but I don't know much about all that.

Also...my Jeb level (Sheepollo) will be very likely to drop before the Sheep v3 (currently doing Kerpollo Challenge with 50% Science, all with 5 Kerbals each mission).

Edited by GRS