CrazyJebGuy

Kerbal Express Airlines - Regional Jet Challenge (Reboot Continued)

Recommended Posts

By the way, has anyone seen HarvestR's new game, balsa? It's an aircraft design game similar to KSP. The challenge could work there too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, life_on_venus said:

By the way, has anyone seen HarvestR's new game, balsa? It's an aircraft design game similar to KSP. The challenge could work there too

I've just checked it out, and it looks pretty cool. I doubt it is very realistic, but once available I will TOTALY buy it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really wish for cross-compatibility. I've built tons of airplanes in KSP and 'd like to fly it in Balsa as well.

BTW is @HarvesteR still developing KSP? I'm just worrier if he left Squad quietly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

Really wish for cross-compatibility. I've built tons of airplanes in KSP and 'd like to fly it in Balsa as well.

BTW is @HarvesteR still developing KSP? I'm just worrier if he left Squad quietly.

I believe he already has, here's the link:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to the new terrible drag models in KSP, there is no way this challenge could ever be brought back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Thanks to the new terrible drag models in KSP, there is no way this challenge could ever be brought back.

What do you mean? This isn't an old thread, it's just someone linked something from 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

What do you mean? This isn't an old thread, it's just someone linked something from 2016.

In one of the latest updates last year, the drag model/calculations must have been modified so that aircraft that used to be able to cruise at transonic speeds can barely reach mach 0.60.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shaun said:

In one of the latest updates last year, the drag model/calculations must have been modified so that aircraft that used to be able to cruise at transonic speeds can barely reach mach 0.60.

I think you've got a local issue there. I haven't noticed any drag changes recently, all the planes that I built back in the day still function fine right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, panzerknoef said:
16 hours ago, Shaun said:

In one of the latest updates last year, the drag model/calculations must have been modified so that aircraft that used to be able to cruise at transonic speeds can barely reach mach 0.60.

I think you've got a local issue there. I haven't noticed any drag changes recently, all the planes that I built back in the day still function fine right now. 

I have some problems on 1.8.x too, one of them are the drag courses - but on my case, there're less drag than on previous versions. My spaceplanes gone kaput on reentry due... lack of drag. :(

But at least for this contest incarnation this should be not a problem for while:

On 3/19/2018 at 8:24 PM, CrazyJebGuy said:

The Rules:

  • KSP version 1.3/1.4 compatible.

And I starting to like this rule. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lisias said:

I have some problems on 1.8.x too, one of them are the drag courses - but on my case, there're less drag than on previous versions. My spaceplanes gone kaput on reentry due... lack of drag. :(

But at least for this contest incarnation this should be not a problem for while:

And I starting to like this rule. :)

 

I might try and make a new save game and transfer a model... perhaps my save game was corrupted somehow...

Edit: New install after everything including settings deleted. New profile, Still the same problem.

 

Edited by Shaun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edit 2: Found source of issues. It's 1.8.1. I reverted to 1.8 and the drag was fine. Now I just have to prove it, make a complaint bug report and possible somehow make a mod to revert drag to 1.8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is kinda dead... so let's revive it! CPR A-GO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might want to read the last few pages at least. This isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.