[1.12.x] Malah's Quick Mods - ZEROMINIAVC in new thread

linuxgurugamer

I've got a weird issue. I assume it's due to my heavily modded (~150 mods) install, but when I try to change the key in QuickExit and if I empty the "key to exit" field, I get the following EXC log spam, as you can see in my log.

[EXC 00:41:33.854] ArgumentException: Input Key named:  is unknown
    UnityEngine.Input.GetKeyDown (System.String name) (at <5b207098155541f6b5298b42c1d5e3af>:0)
    QuickExit.QExit.Update () (at <e9415c2fd8e34600b71cb5a02b339e10>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

And I can't assign any F keys, only standard alphanumeric characters ([a-z][A-Z][0-9]).

Pressing the standard F7 still works, I just can't reassign any new key outside alphanumerical ones.

Do you have any idea what's causing this, @linuxgurugamer?

Edited by FasterThanFlourite

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 3:07 PM, Warhorse said:

Minor versioning glitch

You're likely already aware, but in case not, fyi, the same (very minor) issue exists for QuickExit and QuickCursorHider, as well as QuickGoTo.

Very minor, easy for users to fix themselves (just edit the .version file), just thought you'd want to know.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for taking on all these mods!  You're awesome.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, darthgently said:

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but is there a technical hurdle too far to having the Launch Pad in the list of destinations for QuickGoTo?  If it a quick copypasta in the code, it has my vote

I don't think it's quite that simple, sorry

• 2 months later...

Hello @linuxgurugamer,

I have a small feature idea (not meant as request).

I am currently playing RSS RP1 which has a huge tech tree. And I wanted to list all engines that can be throttled. One thing to search for would be "min throttle", but in the MODULE description.
It seems, neither the stock search nor quick search is searching through the text of a MODULE. Quickseach can find module names with _ as search marker...

Search possibilities of Quicksearch are:

Spoiler

What is the search extension?

By default, the search extension is enabled, and with it you can:

• search with regex /ab/,
  • make a AND a&b,
  • make a OR a|b,
  • make a NOT !a,
  • search a word begin (ab or "ab,
  • search a word end ab) or ab",
  • search a word (ab) or "ab",
  • search only the tag %ab,
  • search only the name ;ab,
  • search only the title :ab,
  • search only the description -ab,
  • search only the author ,ab,
  • search only the manufacturer ?ab,
  • search only the part size .ab,
  • search only the resources +ab,
  • search only the tech required @ab,
  • search only the module _ab,

a and b are the search example, all the shortcut can be edited on the config file.
At this time, you can only cumulate AND, OR, NOT, words begin/end/full, but not with others shortcut.

It seems, this is the way, Quicksearch is accessing the module name, when doing the module name search.
And if I understand this correctly, moduleinfo interface has also a "info" and a "primaryfield"

Would it maybe be possible to add the search of the info/primaryfield also through Quickseach?

Although I don't know if it would be better if this is added to the main search (where one just enters a word in the quick search box) or if one should use an extra prefix for the "module-info-search".

Please don't see it as request, I think I have an idea, how busy you are and I am really grateful for what you are doing for us/the community. So it's not meant as request, but maybe you like the idea and are in the mood to implement it at some point. :)

BR
Jebs_SY

Edited by Jebs_SY

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry to bother you but should I take note of this warning or can I ignore it?
4dEnSE7.png

Yes I know its telling me to delete duplicates but should I?

I also get a warning for duplicates of this file

8gPm9fd.png

Yeah I have tweakscale installed but should I delete the scale_redist.dll from infernal robotics?

Thanks so much in advance :)

You have infernal robotics installed? Last I checked it hasn't been given any love in some time and I found it unstable.  If you don't mean to have it installed, then completely remove it's directory or remove via ckan if that is how you installed it.

Generally, that error message seems to indicate you may have conflicting flavors of a couple of mods installed, but I don't know for certain

Yeah the IR question was separate from the first I know its not connected.
i have just installed FAR and get the same warning about scale.dll

cbSPVnd.png

will FAR need the scale_redist.dll or as I have tweakscale installed can I delete the one in FAR?

All the mod does is show. you the dups.  KSP will only use one, but I don't know which one.  It tries to be smart about it.  I'd suggest making a full backup of the. install, then try deleting the ones it suggests, one at a time and see if it continues to work.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I'm commenting here because tagging you on GitHub is not a reliable way of reaching you. The duplicate DLL warning is not needed anymore as of KSP 1.12.3 and higher. I've submitted a pull request to suppress it on those versions:

Please have a look at your convenience so this workaround can hopefully be retired.

12 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I'm commenting here because tagging you on GitHub is not a reliable way of reaching you. The duplicate DLL warning is not needed anymore as of KSP 1.12.3 and higher. I've submitted a pull request to suppress it on those versions:

Please have a look at your convenience so this workaround can hopefully be retired.

I've gotten a bit better paying attention to github tags :D

Side note, CKAN users can prune MiniAVC without ZeroMiniAVC as of the previous release. First click Settings → Installation filters:

oLuQ0V3.png

Then click Add MiniAVC:

n9JcXGg.png

... which will populate the names of MiniAVC files into the global filters list:

qp3RSdb.png

... which will stop them from being installed by CKAN in the first place, so you don't have to worry about the side effects of LGG's efforts to delete DLLs at game run-time, which apparently may include rebooting your game soon.