Newbie Central - Micro-challenges for new comers! - Closed

20 hours ago, VelocityPolaris said:

Yes! Sure, go right ahead! I'd give ya bonus points if we had 'em!

Minmus, I'm sorry, I was super-confused, I didn't understand that you just wanted to do the Skylab launch from Gaia. Poor little tiny space rock, you probably feel all pushed around and bullied by the big planets. I say go right on ahead. It's just Kerbin with some rings and weird bits about the mun, right?

No. Here. 

Gaia: Kerbin with rings and a SLIGHTLY thinner atmo. Like by 0.1 percent.

Gol: the Mun with a UBERHUGE crater. 

Nightmare: a hard to land on moon of Gol.

Olei. The mun, but in polar orbit.

Oleimut: hom of mystery goo.

Gullis: Minmus but with melted flats.

1 hour ago, The Minmus Derp said:

No. Here. 

Gaia: Kerbin with rings and a SLIGHTLY thinner atmo. Like by 0.1 percent.

Gol: the Mun with a UBERHUGE crater. 

Nightmare: a hard to land on moon of Gol.

Olei. The mun, but in polar orbit.

Oleimut: hom of mystery goo.

Gullis: Minmus but with melted flats.

What mod is that sounds cool

I would like to announce that I have returned and am ready to take a renewed and active role in this thread. I would like to tell all involved in this challenge that fancy new medals are in store for you, when you complete this challenge!

Also, I will endorse @The Minmus Derp's mission to do this in GPO, for that is one of my favorite planet overhauls! As long as you are positive that the mod you are using does not change Kerbin's specifics, then you may submit a challenge from there for a medal!

Happy Explosions!  

1 minute ago, Alpha 360 said:

I would like to announce that I have returned and am ready to take a renewed and active role in this thread. I would like to tell all involved in this challenge that fancy new medals are in store for you, when you complete this challenge!

Also, I will endorse @The Minmus Derp's mission to do this in GPO, for that is one of my favorite planet overhauls! As long as you are positive that the mod you are using does not change Kerbin's specifics, then you may submit a challenge from there for a medal!

Happy Explosions!  

It only changes terrain.

3 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Yay! BUT I don’t know how to post pics

There are some good tutorials in the forum how to post pictures, like this one from Geonovast (for multiple image hosting sites) or this one from NewtSoup for imgur.

@Alpha 360 Glad to see you back here :) Since you endorse The Minmus Derp to do the challenge, does it mean the challenge will keep running for a while? I'm just curious because the challenge is already open for 12 days which is almost twice as long as the other challenges and I was actually hoping for a new one^^

Breaking News - Challenge number 6

KASA desires to set up a communication network around the Mun when their lander with Jebediah Kerman landed on the farside of the Mun, and promptly crashed. Jebediah winged it for a munth until communications finally reconnected, and rescued. 

The goal is to set up two communication satellites outside of the Mun's SOI, one on either side of the Mun. Extra satellites may be added for more challenge. After setting up the satellites, it is vital that the satellites DO NOT enter the Mun's SOI after 100 days. If one or more of the satellites enter the Mun's SOI before 100 days have passed, the entry is declared null. 

Just to prove that this is possible within an hour, here are some pics of my small satellite network. 

Spoiler

VQ4HdHu.png

U7CkTkX.png

sEOdY2B.png

dzTzoeP.png

Happy Explosions!

Edited by Alpha 360

2 hours ago, Alpha 360 said:

KASA desires to set up a communication network around the Mun when their lander with Jebediah Kerman landed on the farside of the Mun, and promptly crashed. Jebediah winged it for a munth until communications finally reconnected, and rescued. 

The goal is to set up two communication satellites outside of the Mun's SOI, one on either side of the Mun. Extra satellites may be added for more challenge. After setting up the satellites, it is vital that the satellites DO NOT enter the Mun's SOI after 100 days. If one or more of the satellites enter the Mun's SOI before 100 days have passed, the entry is declared null. 

Just to prove that this is possible within an hour, here are some pics of my small satellite network. 

Reveal hidden contents

VQ4HdHu.png

U7CkTkX.png

sEOdY2B.png

dzTzoeP.png

Happy Explosions!

That picture right at the end, that's absolutely required! I had completely the wrong idea from the description :D I was thinking one sattelite with an orbit beyond the Mun and one with an orbit smaller than the Mun's. But they would move away from the Mun and each other, so it didn't make sense. But instead we're doing same orbit as Mun one ahead of the Mun and one trailing behind.

I'll see if I can do that tomorrow or something

They can be launched separately, or in a single package, depending on your taste. I personally decided to launch each one individually, but if you want, you could do it in one launch. I'm going to give each participant plenty of leeway in their decisions, so that there will be a little bit more variety in the submissions. 

Happy Explosions!

9 hours ago, Alpha 360 said:

Hide contents

VQ4HdHu.png

U7CkTkX.png

sEOdY2B.png

dzTzoeP.png

Happy Explosions!

Aww man I just started doing mu USI life support skylab

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.