How did you choose your profile picture?

Fraston

21 hours ago, Urus28 said:

I did not think about it yet... Perhaps I should... What do you think ?

Think about a profile picture. Often people (like me) know others on here from their profile pic. It’ll help distinguish you from the hoard of people with the default one.

My profile picture was taken when I visited the USAF museum at Dayton, Ohio.  They have an Apollo space suit which is completely open at the back, so you can walk inside it while someone takes your photo.

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Think about a profile picture. Often people (like me) know others on here from their profile pic. It’ll help distinguish you from the hoard of people with the default one.

You're right I will change that.... Now I have to find something...

So my profile pictures is a SEM micrography I made, I think it fits well with the scientific aspect of KSP =)

Edited by Urus28

Step One; Be huge nerd 

Step Two; Find funny web comic

Step Three; Make a snorting noise just like everyone else when they see something funny online

Step Four; Copy image that caused noise 

Step Five; Set as profile photo

Step Six; Realize KSP just autosaved and your ship just missed its transfer window.

On 6/11/2018 at 6:20 PM, Urus28 said:

So my profile pictures is a SEM micrography I made, I think it fits well with the scientific aspect of KSP =)

Looks neat! Micrography of what?

8 minutes ago, Urus28 said:

It's a filament from a lamp. The filament has bee partially melt due to lightening under vibrations.

Thats cool. The filament must be so fine....

2 hours ago, qzgy said:

Thats cool. The filament must be so fine....

The tungsten wire on this picture is about 100µm of diameter, it's about the same diameter than a human hair.

It's rather large for a SEM observation. But in lamps you can also observe structure of few micrometers and less. The finest things I observed were at the edge of the microscope resolution : few nanometers.

• 2 weeks later...

My moniker is a character in Stanislaw Lem's story collection The Cyberiad, and the picture is an illustration from the book.  Klapaucius and Trurl are robot constructors who build crazy contraptions.  The sketch is by Daniel Mroz, and I think these illustrations were in the original Polish edition.  It's one of my favourite books; it's loony and darkly satirical.

On 6/11/2018 at 1:41 PM, NSEP said:

Oh, my current profile picture is of a poodle. Completely random, no reason.

This info is now outdated ;)

You really do change it quite often. 

I have been a fan of H. P. Lovecraft since my early teens, and found the Counter Strike Cthulhu in the Unspeakable Vault of Doom. I have used various Cthulhu depictions for wallpapers and avatars, my wife embroidered it as logo when she made my tablet sleeve and a 3d printed Cthulhu idol sits on my office desk at work.

For my Diablo II forum account, I made this: FQmoSo8.png

My pfp came from a anime called Gurren Lagann, its the Team Dai-Gurren logo. For my secondary YT account (the same thing other that SC replaced CWP and it has spaces) I used Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x10 Goku, from Dragon Ball Super.

Edited by GurrenLagannCWP
Fixing the yt name - acidentally put my main YT account's name instead of the forum one

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.