New DLC poll

Ksp New DLC  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the amount of money needed to buy the DLC?

• Yes, it's reasonable.
    • No, it should be lower.
    • I don't care, I got it for free.

I DO care even though I got it for free.

But yes I think the price is reasonable if the content is of interest to the individual buying it.  In the same way that the 'official' team sports shirts are reasonable value to those who want them and a waste of money to those who don't.

DLC wil be the most valuable income stream for KSP so, in order to fund continued development, it is in ALL our interests that DLC is of sufficient value and quality to appeal to enough buyers.  Not all DLC will appeal to everyone, but that's the whole point, it's an optional extra that we can choose to buy or not.

None of the above. I'll buy it when the outstanding regressions in the base game are fixed, and not a femtosecond before.
Hell, I'd buy it at twice the price if the required base game update wasn't such a bug-riddled half-arsed rush-job.

With the limited options currently available, I'll go with 2. Not only should the price be lower, considering the state of the release, Squad ought to be paying us for doing all the QA for so long.

Edited by steve_v

It still has waaay too many bugs, especially in the mission editor.  So many so, that one of the more prolific bug reporters actually made a suggestion on the bug tracker to add "Mission Builder Node" as a category listing because they are just so many problems with the nodes functionality.  Many of the parts bugs have been fixed, some requiring more than one attempt, but many more still remain having been reported during the first weeks of the DLC's availability.  You still can't make a proper iconic Korolev Cross with your Russian parts for example due to offset CoM's, nearly 3 months after release.

To be honest, I would've preferred it separated as a $5 parts pack and a $10 mission builder.  I have pretty much zero use for that mission builder.

Edited by klesh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A good deal lower. Even if it worked right, delivered what it was hyped to be, etc etc... the price is not in ratio to what is delivered.

Consider what the base game costs, what it all contains, and how much work went into getting it to this point; then consider the same for the expansion and mentally compare the two. The price ratio is completely off balance with that.

Base game/DLC are currently priced at 40/15. By no stretch of the imagination can anyone argue that MH has had even close to 37.5% of the development effort put into it than the base game has had, nor does it expand the base game even close to that amount.

I am not against paid DLC, if it will help get the base game 'completed'. The price however needs to be proportionate to the base game cost, and it is quite simply not.

I say it should be lower(In my opinion its worth 5 euros)

Because really every single part therers in this DLC you can get for free,(And today i had a good look at them and the FASA mod apollo lander textures looked even better.

I really only bought the DLC just for the extra launch site(Wich in my opinion kerbin side landing sites are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better) and the mission builder

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.