Thank You

Kerbinchaser

So, I know that @pTrevTrevs already did something like this, but hey, I will do it too. I have been on this forum for about two and a half years, and I hope I will be on here for longer. I've been playing KSP since early 2015, and ever since then I've been hooked. 

Here's my KSP story:

In early 2015, I was playing an in-browser flight simulator, but unfortunately the plugin, (Google Earth) was being shutdown, therefore making the simulator unplayable. I couldn't find any alternative to the game. Then, after asking people on Facebook if they had any recommendations, someone suggested KSP, and I instantly got hooked. (I racked up more than 100 hours in the first few days!)

I started in 1.0.4, and update 1.0.5 came shortly after. I almost immediately began trying, (and failing) to launch rockets into space. I remember the old rules:
Throttle to full, fly up to 10 km and then turn due east, lowering power as you drift into orbit. My favorite thing to do was fly planes though, and even though I was incredibly bad at building/landing them, I enjoyed flying them quite a bit.

On December 23rd, 2015 however, my largest accomplishment in KSP at the time was achieved. 
I "landed" (more on that later) a 3 man descent stage on the Mün. Jeb, Bob and Bill all stepped foot on the surface, with only Jebediah living to tell the tale, even though he was now forever stranded on the small celestial body. 

I didn't reach any other planets until 2016, when I had successfully dominated Minmus and wanted to look farther. Turning my eyes to Duna, I first consulted the Forums, and that's when I made my account. Even though I didn't ask for Duna tips, I was instead distracted by the large player base here, and began writing for all of you to see. After finding that writing was my strong-suit on this website, I wrote more and more until I had to fall back and concentrate on two main novels, (both of which are in my signature.)

On September 2nd, 2017, I had my first major forum achievement that I was quite proud of: I hit 1000 reputation points. 
I had never thought that I would reach that milestone, and now I'm almost to 2,000. Funny to think that at some-point in the last two years, almost 2,000 people have clicked on a button that says "like."

Now that I hit 1k, I don't really care about rep anymore. I like having fun in the lounge, welcoming new Kerbs to the Forums, and writing for all of you to enjoy. I am really happy for this little bookmark at the top of my screen that brings me through a door and into a whole new world, free of politics, religion, and arguments, and instead filled with Physics discussions and KSP Screenshots. 

My ultimate goals for this website are as follows:

1. Become a Moderator to help the community...(Only a few years left!)
  2. Get 5000 posts,
  3. Finish my Novels,
  4. And Become a Well-Known Member of this forum.

I hope to be here for years to come. Thank you all, for making this the most amazing and toxic-free website I've ever visited. 

-Lo var

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

14 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

(I racked up more than 100 hours in the first few days!)

Uh

Math does not add up :D

But congratulations! I'll barely be hitting one year in October :D September 26

Edited by Earthlinger

I've been on the forums for 3 years. I have had KSP for almost 5 years. I can say for sure that as well as being a really fun and cool experience, it really helped me on my way to space. My next steps will be a thousand times more impressive than landing on the Mun, and KSP has certainly made a difference.

And my Jeb Kerman plushie is definitely coming with me when the time comes. He may fly solo to space in 2021 too.

17 minutes ago, cubinator said:

I've been on the forums for 3 years. I have had KSP for almost 5 years. I can say for sure that as well as being a really fun and cool experience, it really helped me on my way to space. My next steps will be a thousand times more impressive than landing on the Mun, and KSP has certainly made a difference.

And my Jeb Kerman plushie is definitely coming with me when the time comes. He may fly solo to space in 2021 too.

I like this. Make this your own thread, because it's great. 

2 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

I like this. Make this your own thread, because it's great. 

This thread, or a new thread about my adventure? Right now there's not much to report, but I will let you guys know when I start really doing cool stuff (this will probably include rockets, solar panels, and insect research)

1 hour ago, cubinator said:

(this will probably include rockets, solar panels, and insect research)

My slightly inebriated mind is coming up with really weird visuals.    Something along the lines of an orbital cockroach, but he's wearing aviator goggles. 

Edited by Gargamel

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

My slightly inebriated mind is coming up with really weird visuals.    Something along the lines of an orbital cockroach, but he's wearing aviator goggles. 

Those things aren't immediately related. I'm talking about three separate projects. But they all will come together as part of my experience, and I will have much to draw from any of them if I want to go to space.

Edited by cubinator

On 9/12/2018 at 1:38 AM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

You've been a great friend to me Lo, even if we live in different parts of the world. 

:) I know many people here that are my besties, even if I only kinda "know" them.

And, anyway, happy time here Lo, hope I'm here long enough to do this.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:36 PM, Gargamel said:

That sounds like the perfect mission patch BTW.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.