[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

On 11/19/2016 at 3:11 PM, Padishar said:

I'm going to run some tests of my own when I can but I'd be particularly interested to hear from anyone using it with different mod engines that use non-standard resources...

I'm using KRnD any my heavily upgraded engines seem to work just fine.

I am also happy to report that my 2.5 to Mk3 adapter that I had set to drain during launch was properly modeled.

The only improvement I can think of is if you could some-how indicate how much potential d-v I have in my ore tanks. 

(an especially daunting task as I have both 2.5 and 1.25 converters on my vessels, due to USI-LS letting me use the small one for fertilizer production)

4 minutes ago, Terwin said:

I'm using KRnD any my heavily upgraded engines seem to work just fine.

I am also happy to report that my 2.5 to Mk3 adapter that I had set to drain during launch was properly modeled.

Great, thanks for the report.

The only improvement I can think of is if you could some-how indicate how much potential d-v I have in my ore tanks.

Hmmm, an especially thorny problem, especially if you don't have enough tankage to hold all the fuel created from the ore so need to do some of the burning before all the ore is converted.  I won't say it'll never get done, but it's unlikely to be any time soon... :wink:

(an especially daunting task as I have both 2.5 and 1.25 converters on my vessels, due to USI-LS letting me use the small one for fertilizer production)

Indeed, multiple converters is only one of many different factors that would (ideally) need to be accounted for...

Edited by Padishar

hi,

i dont know if i should to report this but the radial mounted fuel tanks are consider simply as payload for KER (?) , or maybe the mod parts are not compatible for dV reading (?)

here are 2 pictures to illustrate my dV reading problem, it should be clear :

Spoiler

dJQgm2R.png

AokBJYw.png

the fuel tanks are from "ModRocketSys" i have no clue if it's a general issue or just relates to this particular mod, but as u see adding these fuel tanks resulting on lose of dV.

again good job @Padisharcybutek and all the other ppl working on this mod cheers

4 minutes ago, crackerbal said:

i dont know if i should to report this but the radial mounted fuel tanks are consider simply as payload for KER (?) , or maybe the mod parts are not compatible for dV reading (?)

No, the problem is just that KER 1.1.2.4p didn't fully support the changes to fuel flow in KSP 1.2.  Update KER to 1.1.2.6p (see my sig) and you should get correct readings...

22 hours ago, Padishar said:

No, the problem is just that KER 1.1.2.4p didn't fully support the changes to fuel flow in KSP 1.2.  Update KER to 1.1.2.6p (see my sig) and you should get correct readings...

i'm already running on 1.1.2.6p, to get correctly readings i added the fuel lnks.. and once on space ( without fuel links ) i simply refuel the " central" tank with the radials, but yeah that's pretty confusing stuff

edit : gosh i restored my game data folder with an old KER version :confused: (?!) ... sry guys indeed 1.1.2.6p works fine....

Edited by crackerbal

7 minutes ago, crackerbal said:

i'm already running on 1.1.2.6p, to get correctly readings i added the fuel lnks.. and once on space ( without fuel links ) i simply refuel the " central" tank with the radials, but yeah that's pretty confusing stuff

Your images show 1.1.2.4p, it's right in the title bar of the KER window.

wow i clock in here from time to time to see the progress and just need to say thanks to all involved for the hard work and persistence in getting this ESSENTIAL mod up and running again keep up the awesome work it is appreciated.

17 hours ago, angelix said:

Can you remove displaying tooltips at editor tab zone? It's show tip for part under tab, confusing at times.

Yes, it's a known problem.  It would've been fixed by now except I've not yet managed to find a nice way to tell if the mouse is over stock UI.  I'll probably resort to disabling on the left hand side of the screen but even that's awkward as the side panel isn't a fixed size.  I'm also probably going to add a separate configuration for the tooltips so you can completely disable them but still keep the panels at the bottom.

41 minutes ago, hawk_za said:

wow i clock in here from time to time to see the progress and just need to say thanks to all involved for the hard work and persistence in getting this ESSENTIAL mod up and running again keep up the awesome work it is appreciated.

You're welcome.  My branch is fast approaching the point where I'll be happy for it to be merged for an official release.  I'd like to wait until RF is updated to 1.2 first, to test with that, but it looks like that still might take a while, so we may just have to fix any RF issues later...

3 hours ago, Padishar said:

It would've been fixed by now except I've not yet managed to find a nice way to tell if the mouse is over stock UI

Hum, I may be missing something obvious but it seems grabbing the panel RectTransform and check with a RectTransformUtility.ScreenPointToLocalPointInRectangle would do? 

41 minutes ago, sarbian said:

Hum, I may be missing something obvious but it seems grabbing the panel RectTransform and check with a RectTransformUtility.ScreenPointToLocalPointInRectangle would do? 

Ideally I'd like to be able to detect any bit of stock UI rather than just the parts panel though I may resort to doing just that.  However, it looks like that function just returns the local point of the intersection of the mouse ray and the plane of the rectangle and I would still need to know the size of the UI rectangle in that plane.  I'll have a bit of a fiddle later...

13 minutes ago, Padishar said:

Ideally I'd like to be able to detect any bit of stock UI rather than just the parts panel though I may resort to doing just that.  However, it looks like that function just returns the local point of the intersection of the mouse ray and the plane of the rectangle and I would still need to know the size of the UI rectangle in that plane.  I'll have a bit of a fiddle later...

Plenty of ways to do it. I draw the Rect in debugStuff so here is one way and you can also play with Rect and Rect.Overlaps

I am working on a new MultiModeEngine, that are capable to switch between more than 2 modes, and it is working by now. However, I have noticed that KER does not take my switched mode of the engines into consideration :(...

So I'm writing to ask if you can guide me to what KER does to detect when the stock MultiModeEngine changes engine mode? Because testing show that KER does do that correctly, and ultimately I want that for my switching mechanism too :)

I hope you can help

22 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

I hope you can help

KER only understands the stock engine modules.  To handle multi-mode, it understands how to work out which of the ModuleEngines on the part is active (without using the "active" state as that isn't reliable during editing or before the engine is staged) .  Here are the important bits of the code:

https://github.com/CYBUTEK/KerbalEngineer/blob/master/KerbalEngineer/VesselSimulator/PartSim.cs#L201-L202

https://github.com/CYBUTEK/KerbalEngineer/blob/master/KerbalEngineer/VesselSimulator/PartSim.cs#L227-L289

So, KER is going to need custom code to handle your new module or it will just treat your part as an engine with multiple ModuleEngines and assume they all run at the same time...

43 minutes ago, Padishar said:

it understands how to work out which of the ModuleEngines on the part is active (without using the "active" state as that isn't reliable during editing or before the engine is staged)

Thanks for you answer, really helps when you can find the correct piece of code.

When I was figuring out how to get the mode switching to work I asked, in the forums, how MultiModeEngine does it. sarbian told me that it basically sets 3 key settings.

Active engines:
.Activate();
.manuallyOverridden = false;
.isEnabled = true;

Deactivated engines:
.Shutdown();
.manuallyOverridden = true;
.isEnabled = false;

So could I propose to use the ".isEnabled" setting to figure out which engines should be accepted in the calculation, instead of the MultiModeEngine module? I do agree that the active/inactive is not sufficient.

I KER would use ".isEnabled" and maybe also the ".manuallyOverridden" settings then KER could be less dependent on the specific MultiMode module.

If you do not think that is a good idea, might have to consider changing into inheriting from the stock multimodeengine...

50 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

If you do not think that is a good idea, might have to consider changing into inheriting from the stock multimodeengine...

I'll take a look and see if there's a reliable method that will work for both your mod and the stock multi-mode.  Do you have a test part for your mod (e.g. just an up-to-date config that reuses a stock part)?

19 minutes ago, Padishar said:

I'll take a look and see if there's a reliable method that will work for both your mod and the stock multi-mode.  Do you have a test part for your mod (e.g. just an up-to-date config that reuses a stock part)?

Great :cool:

I have something that I will just update. I will back within a couple of hours with a pack with my mod, and a clone of the RAPIER engine using it. :kiss:

Thanks

@Padishar

I bundled up my mod and cfg for an engine using it here.

It constains

• Source code for plugins, if you need it
  • CommunityResourcePack, because the engine I created use IntakeAtm
  • GTI_Utilities mod which is my mod with plugins
    • It includes GTI_MultiModeEngine and GTI_MultiModeIntake. The last one make it possible to switch intakes in air, like when switching the engine mod. It does not go well with other mods that add dual intakes in one part, which I have tried to handle using MM... I do not think that MM part is performing as expected just yet.
  • GTIndustries mod (partial) where I cut out the engine clone. In this I changed it to use Ore in one configuration instead of my custom resource.

I hope this is all you need :cool: Any need for testing or whatever, just give me a ping.

Edited by Warezcrawler

Not sure if this has been asked/mentioned before, but is there a way to change the "Click middle mouse to show more info..." to another mouse button? I often end up scrolling around the VAB/SPH since my middle mouse button is on my over sensitive scroll wheel.

I checked the Edit Key bindings in the settings, but did not see it or any way to change it. 

Cheers,

Edited by Stratickus

On 11/26/2016 at 9:14 PM, Stratickus said:

I checked the Edit Key bindings in the settings, but did not see it or any way to change it.

There is no way of changing this at the moment, as far as I know.  I may be adding the ability to totally disable the tooltip separately to the panels at the bottom fairly soon but am unlikely to make this configurable.  Otherwise, your only solution will be to get a different mouse.  Personally, I would consider any mouse which is difficult to click the middle button without scrolling, to be broken...

This may be irrelevant to most people coming here, but unless I am logged in and ensure I have "Show Signatures" on, the current version of the message board does not show your signature by default. Is there a git branch where you are also working on this you can link to?

Edited by Caswallon
Spelling mistake

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.