[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

6 minutes ago, Enceos said:

@Warezcrawler @nascarlaser1 KERForAll is an old workaround. KER has had the "Partless" setting and limitations toggle for quite some time.

DWrfhS7.jpg

but is KER on CKAN? I know KERForAll is on it, and I am horrible at manually installing mods, so if it isn't on CKAN, I'll get the KERForAll.

Edited by nascarlaser1

2 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

but is KER on CKAN? I know KERForAll is on it, and I am horrible at manually installing mods, so I use ckan instead.

Yes, but you don't need KERForAll, just adjust the options to your liking.

eWufnyh.png

1 hour ago, nascarlaser1 said:

yay! I was talking about KFA, because I knew that it was on CKAN, as a backup for KER. Now that I know KER is on CKAN, I don't need KFA, Thanks!

KFA is not a backup for KER, it just does what the "Partless" setting in KERs settings menu does, and you NEED KER to use KFA.

2 hours ago, MaxxQ said:

KFA is not a backup for KER, it just does what the "Partless" setting in KERs settings menu does, and you NEED KER to use KFA.

oh...

this is getting slightly confusing... I will just use the new version of KER now that I know its on CKAN, and that it won't corrupt my pre-saved game.

I have a bug, i'm doing this rescue mission right, then i get there and this is there

http://imgur.com/gallery/6MxnW

and the victim i'snt there!

any idea on a fix? if i remove the addon or rename the item it simply doesnt load the ship.

WOOOOOOOOOO "fixed it" i renamed "ker.shelter" to "mk1pod"!!

Edited by Lord_intet

5 minutes ago, Lord_intet said:

I have a bug, i'm doing this rescue mission right, then i get there and this is there

http://imgur.com/gallery/6MxnW

and the victim i'snt there!

any idea on a fix? if i remove the addon or rename the item it simply doesnt load the ship.

Don't think KER has any things to do with it. The "ship" the stranded kerbal is (or should be) in looks like an inflatable module (from MKS ?) but it's not inflate so their can't have a kerbal in it... There is a mod to avoid this sort of things :

Did update 1.2.2 break KER?  KER works in the VAB but soon as I go to fly and all throughout the flight KER seems disabled.  The KER icon is on the right of my screen, but clicking it doesn't do anything.  HUD1 and HUD2 aren't showing.

Cleared all app content via Steam after backing up everything.

Deleted the entire Kerbal Space Program folder.

Reinstalled KSP.

Added KER again.

Same problem exists.  Went back to version 1.1.2.7p as well and didn't help.  Downloaded the Dec 3rd update posted on CURSE.

EDIT:  Nevermind.  Found the Partless option and it resolved the issue.  I don't recall ever clicking "Partless" before but meh, I must have as I don't ever use the KER Parts.  I just assume that those stats are just the type of crap that people who even think of space travel have and run on hand... :P

Apologies.  All fixed.  

Edited by Jackelmyer

13 minutes ago, emirkustirika said:

please fix the dockinkport fuel and stage system

and fuel flow system and delta V calculating things not trure

It would be much more helpful if you could post uncropped screenshots (so they show the staging setup of the vessel) with the KER window not in "Compact" mode and with the "All Stages" button pressed.  Uploading the craft files would also be handy, especially if the same thing happens with a totally stock vessel...

2 hours ago, emirkustirika said:

this mod is super fantastik great 

i love this mod  but 

c6B0yF.jpg

please fix the dockinkport fuel and stage system

and fuel flow system and delta V calculating things not trure 

guys this mod is great if the you are make the code you are awsome  thank you guys

what is wrong?

Looks like emirkustirika is using a docking port as a decoupler (can't tell if it's in the staging list or not due to cropping). AFAIK KER ignores docking ports in the staging simulation, it would assume the craft on the left won't dump the empty tank on top when it's empty.

Staging for docking ports is toggleable, perhaps KER could detect if it is enabled and account for them? (I have no idea how easy/difficult that is.)

2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Looks like emirkustirika is using a docking port as a decoupler (can't tell if it's in the staging list or not due to cropping). AFAIK KER ignores docking ports in the staging simulation, it would assume the craft on the left won't dump the empty tank on top when it's empty.

Staging for docking ports is toggleable, perhaps KER could detect if it is enabled and account for them? (I have no idea how easy/difficult that is.)

Yes, that's what I assumed too.  It turned out to be quite simple to make the simulation stage docking ports sensibly so I have submitted a pull request...

1 hour ago, Padishar said:

Yes, that's what I assumed too.  It turned out to be quite simple to make the simulation stage docking ports sensibly so I have submitted a pull request...

I have put a test version of my two PRs since 1.1.2.8 available here...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ectj7zquljl1m1n/KerbalEngineer-1.1.2.8p.zip?dl=1

3 hours ago, HoloYolo said:

Ugh, 1.2.2 I meant.

I apologize for assuming you knew what you were asking.

I haven't seen anyone specifically say this is or isn't working in 1.2.2, but there's a user up this page that reports it seems to be working.

5 minutes ago, razark said:

I haven't seen anyone specifically say this is or isn't working in 1.2.2, but there's a user up this page that reports it seems to be working.

There hasn't been an official release for KSP 1.2.2 yet but KER 1.1.2.8 should work as well as it did in KSP 1.2.1.  The link in my signature is to my test build of the latest fixes I've done (vectored thrust and staged docking ports) built against the KSP 1.2.2 assemblies...

Where can I submit a bug report? I noticed the Time to AN was behaving weird, it looks like it is jumping ahead one orbit when the ship crosses periapsis. Time to DN is behaving fine as is Angle to AN.

Thanks for maintaining THE essential mod for KSP. I doubt I could do rocket science without you.

A

Spoiler

UyzYuVl.jpg

GLm0vk2.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.