[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Curious, has anyone else experienced TWR not working as it did in the 1.1 days? 

I've had several occasions where TWR~1.2-1.3 fail to lift off the pad (I use launch clamps to prevent the weirdly magnetic ground and do stage clamps after engines are at full throttle) 

I'm gonna do some maths when I get time, write now exams are looming so just thought I'd mention it.

5 minutes ago, Kertech said:

I've had several occasions where TWR~1.2-1.3 fail to lift off the pad (I use launch clamps to prevent the weirdly magnetic ground and do stage clamps after engines are at full throttle) 

I'm gonna do some maths when I get time, write now exams are looming so just thought I'd mention it.

Are you reading TWR on the pad or in the editor? In the editor the common cause for this is KER not being set to Kerbin/atmospheric, I make this error all the time.

1 hour ago, Kertech said:

Atmospheric TWR? I have noticed that my craft seem a little more sluggish getting off the pad but I haven't had anything fail yet so I wasn't sure if it was my imagination. But I also haven't been pushing the TWR boundary in the short time I've been playing 1.2. Previously, 1.16 - 1.19 atmospheric TWR seemed like the lower limit.

I'm also noticing that burn times for long burns seem significantly under-estimated. Could be related? That's arguably KER's most valuable feature for me.

Edited by kball

16 hours ago, Padishar said:

Evet, ben de Kabil buydu. Ben bir gönderdiniz, böylece Makul Simülasyon sahne Yerleştirme portları yapmak oldukca Basit Olduğu Ortaya çıktı çekme isteği ...

18 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Emirkustirika Bir dekuplor Olarak Yerleştirme noktasını kullaniyor gibi görünüyor (Bu evreleme listesinde var ya da kırpma NEDENİYLE değilse söyleyemem). AFAIK KER evreleme simülasyonda Yerleştirme portları yok sayar, O boş oldugunda üstünde boş Tankı dökümü olmaz Soldaki Zanaat varsayılabilir.

Yerleştirme Bağlantı noktaları Için Sahneleme belki de toggleable Olan KER A.Ş. etkinleştirilmiş ONLAR Için hesap OLUP olmadığını Tespit Olabilir? (Ben Ne Kadar kolay oldugunu / zor hicbir fikrim yok.)

thats great

thanks Padishar and Red Iron Crown

QvlSzO.jpg

Now my craft is 50 Kg light and delta v is ture  

thanks guys

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ectj7zquljl1m1n/KerbalEngineer-1.1.2.8p.zip?dl=1

and KER 1.1.2.8P İS GREAT WORKS

Edited by emirkustirika

27 minutes ago, kball said:

Surface TWR?

Surface TWR does not necessarily include atmospheric impacts to engine thrust, just the current acceleration/surface gravity(by my understanding).

I have had a number of LV-N vessels getting ready for reentry on Kerbin with a Surface TWR near or above 1, and I can assure you that even with empty tanks and infini-fuel, they could never take off from KSC on those engines.

In the VAB you need to click on the 'Atmospheric' button so you can see your atmospheric TWR for the selected body.  

31 minutes ago, Terwin said:

Surface TWR does not necessarily include atmospheric impacts to engine thrust, just the current acceleration/surface gravity(by my understanding).

I have had a number of LV-N vessels getting ready for reentry on Kerbin with a Surface TWR near or above 1, and I can assure you that even with empty tanks and infini-fuel, they could never take off from KSC on those engines.

In the VAB you need to click on the 'Atmospheric' button so you can see your atmospheric TWR for the selected body.  

Right. My mistake. Meant atmospheric. Gonna edit that so as not to confuse.

Also, seeing that even for shorter burns ~30-45s the estimated times are incorrect. Might only be happening when the burn overlaps two stages. I've had both Skippers and Poodles demonstrate this when executing a transfer burn and staging mid-burn. The burn time seems incorrect for the first stage and then correct for the remainder once into the final stage.

Edited by kball

10 hours ago, Aristarchus said:

Where can I submit a bug report? I noticed the Time to AN was behaving weird, it looks like it is jumping ahead one orbit when the ship crosses periapsis. Time to DN is behaving fine as is Angle to AN.

Here is usually fine, or you can add an issue in the GitHub repository linked in the first post.  That readout does look wrong, though it appears to be as the ship passes the apoapsis rather than the periapsis.  I'll take a look at the code concerned and see if I can see what's wrong.  There was a change in KSP 1.2 to the range returned from some orbit related functions so this may be the cause if this is a new problem...  It would be very handy if you could copy your save and delete all the other vessels, just leaving the one you've shown with this orbit, and then upload it.  Just in case the issue only happens with certain configuration of orbit and proves awkward to reproduce...

@Kertech, @kball and anyone else reporting problems, please include screenshots and/or craft files and/or save files and a detailed description of what you think is wrong...

Edited by Padishar

11 minutes ago, Padishar said:

@Kertech, @kball and anyone else reporting problems, please include screenshots and/or craft files and/or save files and a detailed description of what you think is wrong...

Thanks. Will do after I've had some more experience with it and have a chance to collect some more info. Just noticed it a couple days ago.

3 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

It would make life easier for users who download more than few mods. Everything is at the same spot, etc.

AFAIK it's free and quite streamlined.

Speaking as a user of many mods, I agree it would be convenient, but unrealistic. There are mods only on curse, GitHub, Dropbox, megadrive, spacedock, and even other random places. It's simply part of the experience to track multiple places.

--whenever I get this notion, I remind myself of the absurd sight of people freaking out over having to park a couple blocks away from the gym... :wink:

I agree with

3 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

It would make life easier for users who download more than few mods. Everything is at the same spot, etc. [...]

As a person who has, according to last counting, 50+ mods, and all of which update asynchronously, I have constantly opened the SpaceDock last updated tab and check for updates there. Anything not on SpaceDock easily evades me, and it is hard to keep track of all those mods and keeping them up to date.

So yes, I agree it would make life easier, however, by using these mods, I use work of people who did it for nothing but some thanks and perhaps 5$ total of donations, I can't complain. I shall be content with the fact that said mods even exist at all.

Conclusion drawn: Would be nice to have everything in one place, but the modders' preferences are of higher priority.

Everything in one place: I have a list of all the mods I use, with a link to the forum thread.

(I also don't obsess over having to have the most recent version, unless it fixes a particular problem or adds a particular feature.)

CKAN doesn't have everything and offers a fragment of info as browsing this subforum does. This place is the best, but the titles aren't standardized so it can get painful to watch some 50 mods.

Spacedock, so far, seems to be optimal place.

In any case, I didn't say it should be hosted only there. It should be hosted everywhere, including Spacedock. No reason to avoid that site. You get neat e-mail notifications.

10 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

CKAN doesn't have everything and offers a fragment of info as browsing this subforum does. This place is the best, but the titles aren't standardized so it can get painful to watch some 50 mods.

Spacedock, so far, seems to be optimal place.

In any case, I didn't say it should be hosted only there. It should be hosted everywhere, including Spacedock. No reason to avoid that site. You get neat e-mail notifications.

Please, don't pest moders about hosting site they prefer to use. Be grateful that moders created their mods in the first place and are willing to share their creation with the rest of world.

Currently available CKAN release have bug that prevents some mods showing up on any list if some of dependency mod is not updated for latest KSP release. I ended myself in combination of CKAN and watching forums, for mods that are not covered by CKAN. Using manual download and install for mods that were not supported by CKAN. Hosting sites for those vary from github,dropbox, spacedock and curse.

What is your preference of tracking is up to you, but noone should demand from moders additional workload just that you can track something easier.
Tracking 50 mods is not that much, people use 100+ mods and don't complain about it. Despite tracking mods being time consuming, it is still much less time than some moder invested in development of mod.

Try to put in consideration how much effort and time is put in creation of some mod, before you ask moders again for additional workload on their side.
Such demands only kill some moder desire to develop and share their mod, so please, don't do that.

I'm not pesting anyone. I've just asked a simple, straightforward question and a bunch of people showed up and turned it into a butthurt issue. Calm yer birds, guys. (oh, I see that you can't even write name of a bird... I suppose soon we'll get "bird" censored because someone might think we're talking about penus)

Edited by lajoswinkler

2 hours ago, moroter said:

Hello, does this mod work in the latest version of the game (1.2.2)? 

Thanks.

Yes, it does. You may see a version warning but it will work fine.

2 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

Calm yer birds, guys. (oh, I see that you can't even write name of a bird... I suppose soon we'll get "bird" censored because someone might think we're talking about penus)

Right, because you were totally talking about birds there.

25 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Yes, it does. You may see a version warning but it will work fine.

Right, because you were totally talking about birds there.

Yes, I was talking about mammary glands. Horrible thing to say to calm them. Horrible. Cursing. Straight to hell.

What if someone wanted to talk about actual species in Parus genus? Whoever wrote the censorship rules on this forum is completely out of their mind. You can't even mention human anatomy in Latin. Whom is this protecting?

But yeah, depending on what suits them, they'd say the context is, or isn't the key thing. Pathetic.