[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

2 minutes ago, Sebi99p said:

i was curious , where does KER save it`s settings , like HUDs, and their positions and stuff... as i want to start a new install and i really don`t wanna edit them again :P

Did you not even try to have a look?  If you had then you would have, presumably, found the Settings folder in the KerbalEngineer folder...

1 minute ago, Padishar said:

Did you not even try to have a look?  If you had then you would have, presumably, found the Settings folder in the KerbalEngineer folder...

I did ... but i`m not sure which one ... or is it all of them? ... is so ... my bad

Just now, Sebi99p said:

I did ... but i`m not sure which one ... or is it all of them? ... is so ... my bad

All of them apart from HelpStrings.xml (which is provided in the mod download) contain important stuff.  The names give a bit of a clue as to what area of the mod each refers to.

All of them apart from HelpStrings.xml (which is provided in the mod download) contain important stuff.  The names give a bit of a clue as to what area of the mod each refers to.

well ... some of the names seem to imply they handle more back-end stuff ... so ... i didn`t wanna mess with that :P , that`s why i asked :)

2 hours ago, PaveliusOfficial said:

I dont know too much about logs but i have similar/ the same problem. I had CTD in VAB, then i reinstalled the whole game and after that it happens again (there was two completely different ships - the only 2 was the same and it was Mk1 Command Pod and 1.25m heat shield). I used only KER

Log here: http://www110.zippyshare.com/v/vd7a9wPY/file.html

There are a number of interesting looking, KER related exceptions in your log so thanks for providing that (though your choice of file hosting site leaves a lot to be desired, flash upgrade popups and it auto-downloading the file into the viewer on the page).

The last vessel you were working on in that log had over 100 parts, mostly MassiveBooster, and it died just after adding another one.  This sounds like the same random crash that quite a few people have reported with the stock game.

There are a number of interesting looking, KER related exceptions in your log so thanks for providing that (though your choice of file hosting site leaves a lot to be desired, flash upgrade popups and it auto-downloading the file into the viewer on the page).

The last vessel you were working on in that log had over 100 parts, mostly MassiveBooster, and it died just after adding another one.  This sounds like the same random crash that quite a few people have reported with the stock game.

Ok, sorry but I am newbie (so which hosting i would use?). So it is caused by stock game, not KER... The only option is to wait for patch?

2 hours ago, PaveliusOfficial said:

Ok, sorry but I am newbie (so which hosting i would use?). So it is caused by stock game, not KER... The only option is to wait for patch?

Dropbox or GoogleDrive would both be much better (they don't have any ads at all, let alone potentially unsafe ones).  Yes, I believe your CTD was probably a stock issue and will hopefully be fixed in an upcoming patch.  The other exceptions in your log will get looked into as they do appear to indicate that KER still has slight incompatibilities with some of the changes in KSP 1.1.

Hello, i finished installing KER and in VAB doesn't show the toolbar with delta-v ,etc and in flight it shows everything minus the vessel things( delta-v ...). I have placed the part on the vessel and in the VAB i clicked the ''KER'' buttom but nothing.From what may that problem be coming? 

46 minutes ago, hugot_s said:

Hello, i finished installing KER and in VAB doesn't show the toolbar with delta-v ,etc and in flight it shows everything minus the vessel things( delta-v ...). I have placed the part on the vessel and in the VAB i clicked the ''KER'' buttom but nothing.From what may that problem be coming? 

You'll have to give us more to go on than that.  At the least you should upload an output_log.txt/player.log file from a run of KSP where you go into the VAB and click the button (I assume you did actually have a vessel loaded).  You can find instructions on how to find the log file in the "How to get support" sticky thread in the "Support (Modded Installs)" sub-forum.  Also, screenshots of what you mean by the in-flight behaviour would probably be helpful.

That log shows you running KER 1.0.13.0 in KSP 0.90.  Is there any particular reason you're running such an old version?

It isn't really obvious what's wrong from the logs other than an exception is occurring in the code that KER uses to update the various data readouts.  I don't immediately recall any similar issues from back in the 0.90 days and I don't have time right now to go trawling through the git history to work out what might be wrong...

The release version of KSP is 1.1.0.1230 not 1.1.0.1172 as you're running.  There were some issues coming about from 1205 that will make it not backwards compatible with older pre-release versions.

2 hours ago, hugot_s said:

it's impossible that i'm running 0.90 if in game says 1.1 and that log is x64 and i think  i read that 1.1 it's the first 64bits KSP  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2TwR_veSnMcbnJ4NkJLSnRVRGs/view?usp=sharing

Sorry, when I downloaded your output_log.rar I already had a file called that in my downloads folder and didn't notice that yours was renamed to output_log (1).rar.  I thought it was a bit odd you using such an old version...

4 minutes ago, Padishar said:

Sorry, when I downloaded your output_log.rar I already had a file called that in my downloads folder and didn't notice that yours was renamed to output_log (1).rar.  I thought it was a bit odd you using such an old version...

Yeah no problem thank you for the help 

Hey guys, just got back into the game with 1.1 and reinstalled my old mod loadout:

Scatterer, EVE, Planet Shine, KER, and Interstellar

KER has gone completely bonkers in this setup. I get really off calculations and the crazy blinking bug where it seems to be constantly recalculating values. On some of my old ships there are simply no values but air intake percentage when I go to fly them. Here are some screenshots of the most basic issue and I imagine they are all related... The Command Module is the root part, and this save is a fresh one made in 1.1. KER appears to be ignoring my staging.

More info... On a fresh start of KSP the issue does not appear. When loading a pre-saved ship, the issue begins and will not go away until the program is restarted.

EDIT: Uninstalled Interstellar Extended and the problem went away. Finally tracked the problem to the Community Resource Pack. If I uninstall that one package KER behaves perfectly. Version 0.5.0 is what was installed.

OKEMM5Z.png

RLLypEN.png

Edited by fatherdoctor

I get some exceptions from Kerbal Engineer from time to time. Has anybody else seen this?

[EXC 12:29:12.947] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalEngineer.Flight.FlightAppLauncher.Update ()

Running: KerbalEngineer v1.1.0.2 on Kerbal Space Program - 1.1.0.1230

LOG FILE

5 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

I get some exceptions from Kerbal Engineer from time to time. Has anybody else seen this?

[EXC 12:29:12.947] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalEngineer.Flight.FlightAppLauncher.Update ()

Running: KerbalEngineer v1.1.0.2 on Kerbal Space Program - 1.1.0.1230

LOG FILE

This has been fixed in PR #91 and should be in the next release.

Is it just me or does adding the KER circuit board to my rocket's capsule now add an unbalanced aero force that pushes the ship's nose off to one side?  It does not show an aero force arrow (F12 view) but if I launch the same rocket without the KER part then it flies straight and true as one would expect.  SAS is on but the force is not zeroable using SAS alone.  Quite a strong force!

Is this a problem with KSP, KER or just me?

The KER part is stuck on the sloped side of the capsule opposite to the crew hatch so that it almost touches the parachute above.  Under the capsule is just a Thumper with 4 first tier fins at the hot, shouty end.

Seems to be reproducible.  I will turn off the KER part mode which i think solves the problem but I thought the KER parts were purely aesthetic.

Edited by wossname

Here's the two part files in question:

Spoiler

PART
{
    // --- general parameters ---
    name = Engineer7500
    module = Part
    author = CYBUTEK (Code) || Keptin (Part)

// --- asset parameters ---
    mesh = model.mu
    rescaleFactor = 0.8

PhysicsSignificance = 1

// --- editor parameters ---
    TechRequired = start
    entryCost = 0
    cost = 150
    category = Science
    subcategory = 0
    title = ER-7500 Computer Flight Unit
    manufacturer = CYBUTEK Solutions Ltd.
    description = The ER-7500 goes back to roots with the Kerbal Engineering System. This unit has been proven to be at least 1x10^-5 times faster than a standard hard drive... Don't tell anyone but it's actually just the chip version in a fancy box with flashing lights and spinny things.
    tags = ker engi redux compu flight tape

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
    attachRules = 0,1,0,1,1

// --- node definitions ---
    // definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
    node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0

// --- standard part parameters ---
    mass = 0.005
    dragModelType = override
    maximum_drag = 0
    minimum_drag = 0
    angularDrag = 0
    crashTolerance = 15
    maxTemp = 3400

MODULE
    {
        name = FlightEngineerModule
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = TapeDriveAnimator

UseBakedAnimation = false

MinReelSpeed = -30
        MaxReelSpeed = 30
        SpeedStopZone = 10
        SpeedDeadZone = 2.5
        SpeedChangeAmount = 30
        MinRepeatTime = 1
        MaxRepeatTime = 6
        RepeatTimeDenominator = 8

Reel1 = geo_reel1
        Reel2 = geo_reel2
        Reel1SpeedRatio = 1
        Reel2SpeedRatio = 0.75    

Lights1 = geo_buttonSet1
        Lights2 = geo_buttonSet2
        Lights3 = geo_buttonSet3
        Lights4 = geo_buttonSet4
        Lights5 = geo_buttonSet5
        Lights6 = geo_buttonSet6

Lights1Speed = 0
        Lights2Speed = -2.5
        Lights3Speed = 2.5
        Lights4Speed = 10
        Lights5Speed = -15
        Lights6Speed = 17.5
    }
}

Spoiler

PART
{
    // --- general parameters ---
    name = EngineerChip
    module = Part
    author = CYBUTEK

// --- asset parameters ---
    mesh = EngineerChip.mu
    scale = 1.0
    specPower = 0.5
    rimFalloff = 3
    alphaCutoff = 0

PhysicsSignificance = 1

// --- node definitions ---
    // definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
    node_attach = 0.0, -0.03, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---
    TechRequired = start
      entryCost = 0
    cost = 100
    category = Science
    subcategory = 0
    title = Kerbal Engineering System
    manufacturer = CYBUTEK Solutions Ltd.
    description = The Kerbal Engineering System boasts an impressive 128bits of solid state storage and enough processing power to run at least 3 digital watches.
    tags = ker engi redux compu flight chip

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
    attachRules = 0,1,0,1,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
    mass = 0.005
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0
    minimum_drag = 0
    angularDrag = 0
    crashTolerance = 15
    maxTemp = 3600

MODULE
    {
        name = FlightEngineerModule
    }
}

They both say Physics Significance = 1

Is 1 on or off though?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.