[KSP 1.9.0] [x] Science! Continued - KSP Science report and checklist (V5.23)

Reporting a weird effect I am having with Science!.

I use the materials bay from Universal Storage.

It has 2 experiments built in.  If I use xScience! to activate the experiment twice, the experiment can not be reset by a scientist and instead says the experiment is full. It is not, it is empty.

If I run the same two experiments manually, I can then reset the experiment with a scientist.

I have a feeling its the way the experiment is being activated by xScience!.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for this great mod. The "selected object" resource display in the tracking station is a nice feature. I'm surprised it didn't come with KER instead... or stock!  

One request, if possible make this resource display update real-time or maybe poll the ships when you enter the tracking station. That would make waiting for ISRU to complete more convenient. Right now it seems to only remember the values at the time when the ship was actively viewed last.  

• 4 weeks later...

Not only does this mod still not support experiments using DmagicScienceAnimate, it also causes hangups and warnings, on fixed intervals during playtime and each time you unlock a new part for use in career.

In each case, the warning will look like this:

[WRN 21:49:55.805] [R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id ROCScience

Which is repeated several times per instance. Removing this mod eliminated the problem.

34 minutes ago, Morphisor said:

Not only does this mod still not support experiments using DmagicScienceAnimate, it also causes hangups and warnings, on fixed intervals during playtime and each time you unlock a new part for use in career.

In each case, the warning will look like this:

[WRN 21:49:55.805] [R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id ROCScience

Which is repeated several times per instance. Removing this mod eliminated the problem.

Do you have the DLC installed?

You can try ScienceAlert, it supports DMacic's science modules

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Do you have the DLC installed?

You can try ScienceAlert, it supports DMacic's science modules

Yeah I do, that's what's weird about it.

I will get that, thanks. I did really enjoy the click-to-science and database functions of this mod, will be hard to get used to something else.

I am trying to figure out where to go for the science experiments I can do in these two biomes: splashed down at Kerbin's Highlands and splashed down at Kerbin's Mountains. Does anyone know where I could do experiments in those biomes? In previous versions of this mod, there weren't any science experiments listed for "splashed down at Kerbin's Highlands" and "splashed down at Kerbin's Mountains", I saw these in the latest version.

3 hours ago, GalacticGhidorah said:

I am trying to figure out where to go for the science experiments I can do in these two biomes: splashed down at Kerbin's Highlands and splashed down at Kerbin's Mountains. Does anyone know where I could do experiments in those biomes? In previous versions of this mod, there weren't any science experiments listed for "splashed down at Kerbin's Highlands" and "splashed down at Kerbin's Mountains", I saw these in the latest version.

This thread should be helpful.

21 minutes ago, GalacticGhidorah said:

Thank you. Also, where do I find Kerbin's ROC?

Can't really say, and I'm not sure if anyone else is entirely sure either. That might have something to do with the surface science parts though- perhaps if you're touching one?

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue. List is empty and I found the following trace in log file

[EXC 13:32:55.076] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Part.FindModulesImplementing[T] () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    ScienceChecklist.ScienceContext.UpdateExperiments () (at <95468ab515484610968974e5dbac29a4>:0)
    ScienceChecklist.ScienceContext.Reset () (at <95468ab515484610968974e5dbac29a4>:0)
    ScienceChecklist.xScienceEventHandler.UpdateExperiments () (at <95468ab515484610968974e5dbac29a4>:0)
    ScienceChecklist.xScienceEventHandler.Update () (at <95468ab515484610968974e5dbac29a4>:0)
    ScienceChecklist.ScienceChecklistAddon.Update () (at <95468ab515484610968974e5dbac29a4>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)