Planet packs for 1.7.x? Also what up KSP community!

SPACE-MAN

Hello fellow space loving humans, this is my first post.

Does anyone know of a planet pack for 1.7.x? I've been playing the game for ages and recently I've really been putting in some time with KSPIE. (shoutout to @FreeThinker you've helped manifest an amazing thing into the universe!!)

I'm just getting a little sleepy only having duna, laythe and eve as space plane targets. Maybe I should just downgrade to 1.6? It's not like the squad dV indicators are super reliable anyway.

Also what's the easiest way to post screenshots? I'd like to share some of my creations with the community :) (having to create an Imgur account feels like overkill..)

Thanks for your time,

Chris

6 hours ago, SPACE-MAN said:

Also what's the easiest way to post screenshots? I'd like to share some of my creations with the community :) (having to create an Imgur account feels like overkill..).

Personally I just upload images to Imgur and then only post the image link (not the site link).  You can do that by right click op link in separate tab. Then simply copy the url in the forum and profit

On 5/24/2019 at 3:14 AM, SPACE-MAN said:

Hello fellow space loving humans, this is my first post.

Does anyone know of a planet pack for 1.7.x? I've been playing the game for ages and recently I've really been putting in some time with KSPIE. (shoutout to @FreeThinker you've helped manifest an amazing thing into the universe!!)

I'm just getting a little sleepy only having duna, laythe and eve as space plane targets. Maybe I should just downgrade to 1.6? It's not like the squad dV indicators are super reliable anyway.

Also what's the easiest way to post screenshots? I'd like to share some of my creations with the community :) (having to create an Imgur account feels like overkill..)

Thanks for your time,

Chris

Hi =)

Planet packs: Didn't play any v1.7 packs. Lately, I've been doing a lot of airplane-related and especially the airport mods require a vanilla Kerbin, rather than an edited one usually found in planet packs. I'm not so modsavvy though, so don't take my word for it. It probably takes a fair amount of headbanging to have airports be placed in such altered-Kerbin mods.

I just saw that there are new ones I hadn't tried out, so you might not get around googling "kerbal planet pack 1.7".

Here are a few I can tell you about:

With ~1.4, I played Galileo Planet Pack, which introduces a lot of neat-o planets and moons. I also liked the placement of KSC. It is on an island just off a rocky coast line (with two peaks that act great as a reference point for airplanes, imo). I will be getting back to that mod, but am currently enjoying vanilla Kerbin. Ironically, I've been to a few other planets in other mods, but never really managed to visit the vanilla ones, so I need to do some catching-up lul.

Other mods (whose names I forgot :huh:) had the main planet orbiting a blue gas giant. Another one had an altered Kerbin, with the KSC being high up in the mountains, which was cool; This mod also had a polar-orbiting small moon as the closest neighbor, if my memory serves correctly.

I think one of those also had a wacky "impossible planet" that spun like 6 times per earth day or so. That one creepy planet lol.

Lastly, there is another mod, I think it had "Alien" in the name. Maybe Alien Space Center or something. This one places KSC on Minmus, Duna and Laythe, based on the name you type in it's .cfg. I think it is also a fun thing, since you can act like you are operating from some remote colony base. This saves you time "bringing all the damn things in place". If you know what I mean.

Personally, I kinda like building airplanes and landing with flaps and all, so I'm kinda always stuck on the main planet these days. Regardless, KSP is where you do what is fun. I will be getting back to planet pack playing. Hopefully also to recording my gameplay adventures with my terrible voice and experience. But that's me.

Maybe you can help the community by just making a quick "List of 1.7 planet pack mods" forum post? :)

I don't know if there is a list somewhere. Let alone an updated 1.7 one. I recall seeing one way, way back in the 2015s ♪.

Screenshots: Might not be able to get around imgur. Another idea would be to use google drive or any other cloud service, but imgur is quite the standard(?) people use these days.

Edited by Spraki

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.