How many Users do you Ignore?

klesh

22 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

to their daggers

This is a great site.  And an outstanding community.  We'd all like to think everyone in it is great.

Precisely because it is so exceptional, newcomers may just not realize for a while what they've stumbled into.  They have yet to appreciate it.  I know that was my case...

And I know this is a painful subject to discuss, but my 'posture' on this is:

1. if one conducts oneself honorably at all times
  2. and is known to do so
  3. and transacts politely with what you've termed above as 'opponents'
  4. and then, inexplicably, breaks off all transactions with such a person
  5. but that person continually attacks or maligns or scoffs at the honorable one
  6. the newcomer risks disgracing him/herself in the court of public opinion
  7. a court -- in this community -- in which I absolutely trust
  8. and this will inevitably be to the very great loss of the aforesaid 'opponent' as they are not at all likely then to receive any benefit from this Great Forum after that point.

I can't say if I exactly live up to all of this, but I have absolutely no fear what anyone might say behind my back and I'd prefer to not even know about it.

Edited by Hotel26

I have never ignored anyone on anything, and even though I haven't been on this forum very long and am still learning the etiquet. I believe if someone is annoying you or being straight up rude. Tell them clearly that that is how you feel. We are all adults here. If after you have made it clear they keep up the same attitude. Then say you will be ignoring them from now on and then do so. Simply ghosting someone, especially if you started the initial interaction going with them, is just proving how shallow and callous the world has become.

This is one forum I've never ignored anyone - I didn't even realize I could until I first saw this post.   Several MMO's I've played in the past had greater or lesser numbers of players - both in game & in forums - on ignore.  Here, even when I've disagreed with someone, we both had valid reasons for our opinions.  I think this might be the most civil forum I've ever been in.

And kudos to the mods for helping keep it that way, too. 

None, and I have no intention of doing so. 

Even the occasional users that I do find irritating at times can  still raise interesting topics, make valid arguments, or offer a point of view I hadn't considered.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.