[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Are you guys aware of the "terrain detail" thing?

If I start a brand new game with no settings.cfg file present, when I go into graphics settings I see this:

DW0lCrC.png

This is 100% as expect. I move the slider all the way to the right and see this:

vPGwKOt.png

Also totally nominal. I apply the settings, quit the game, then restart it. When I go back into settings I see this:

cdviaHe.png

This is on KSP 1.7.1 (definitely not 1.7.2), using JNSQ 0.5, with this minimal GameData folder:

PFbQFcC.png

The same thing was happening with JNSQ 0.4 on 1.7.0, but at the time I had dozens of other mods installed so I didn't want to report what could've been a problem on my end.

EDIT: I should also add that I have Making History installed but not Breaking Ground.

Edited by jefferyharrell

41 minutes ago, jefferyharrell said:

Are you guys aware of the "terrain detail" thing?

-snip-

The name isn’t persistent in the menu, but it is in the settings cfg

52 minutes ago, Galland1998 said:

So KSP AVC just told me that a version 0.6 was up.  Are there bug fixes already in the github Master?

There are yes. Im uploading the actual release in a few minutes

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Eklykti said:

Somehow after updating from 0.4 Minmus became Jool and Mun became Ike in my active / completed contracts.

Right, we changed templates but it shouldn’t have changed anything... hmm

I can post more extensive mod info if needed, but first wanted to see if this is a global problem or specific to me.  I updated to .6 by uninstalling with the .exe and then re-installing.  I have forced KSP to stay at version 1.7.1.  Nothing else has changed since .4 JNSQ that I was running yesterday.  Today my chutes will not deploy.  The altitude goes to 0 no matter what I set it to and the pressure setting doesn't seem to be working.  The result - lots of big explosions and a few dead kerbals.  If more people are seeing this, then I will just wait for a fix, if its just me, I'll start with a fresh install of ksp and add mods one by one.  Thanks for the help community, and thanks for a great mod Galileo Team!

Update - can confirm a completely fresh install fixed this problem.  Then re-added the same mods and it works fine.  Appreciate the feedback @4x4cheesecake, when you said it worked fine on yours, i knew it was a problem on my end.

Thanks folks!

Edited by gsamelon
Update

13 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Right, we changed templates but it shouldn’t have changed anything... hmm

In the savefile it says like 'Survey_Target = 8', but i don't see an easy way to find which number is what to change it manually.

(upd.: Mun is now 2 and Minmus is now 3)

Edited by Eklykti
nubmerssss

15 minutes ago, gsamelon said:

I can post more extensive mod info if needed, but first wanted to see if this is a global problem or specific to me.  I updated to .6 by uninstalling with the .exe and then re-installing.  I have forced KSP to stay at version 1.7.1.  Nothing else has changed since .4 JNSQ that I was running yesterday.  Today my chutes will not deploy.  The altitude goes to 0 no matter what I set it to and the pressure setting doesn't seem to be working.  The result - lots of big explosions and a few dead kerbals.  If more people are seeing this, then I will just wait for a fix, if its just me, I'll start with a fresh install of ksp and add mods one by one.  Thanks for the help community, and thanks for a great mod Galileo Team!

The issue is that we changed the templates to match stock bodies. All of our stock bodies would need to be changed back to a Moho template just like the new bodies have. You can do that in the cfgs. Just copy and paste the Moho template node from a new body

32 minutes ago, gsamelon said:

If more people are seeing this, then I will just wait for a fix, if its just me, I'll start with a fresh install of ksp and add mods one by one

I don't see any issues with the chutes. I updated to 0.6 manually and everything works just fine: sliders for pressure and altitude can be adjusted in the VAB and in flight, the chutes deploy at the correct altitude as well. So it's probably one of your other mods or something went wrong during the update process but without a log, it's hard to tell ;)

I have a deeply selfish request. After updating to 1.7.1 and the new JNSQ I discovered that there's a fresh bug in the game that's messing with Procedural Parts somehow, as discussed starting here:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/169250-131-14-15-16-17-procedural-parts-tidal-stream-branch/page/5/&tab=comments#comment-3614884

Because of this bug I'm going to revert back to 1.7.0, and since Procedural Parts is so old I'm not optimistic that the bug will be worked around real soon. Would it be easy for you to back-port your 0.6 changes to a version that works with 1.7.0's Kopernicus?

Or I guess I could just wait and see what 1.7.2 brings. But I thought I'd ask just to ask.

4 hours ago, gsamelon said:

Update - can confirm a completely fresh install fixed this problem.  Then re-added the same mods and it works fine.  Appreciate the feedback @4x4cheesecake, when you said it worked fine on yours, i knew it was a problem on my end.

Thanks folks!

30 minutes ago, EchoLima said:

I also had this bug.

Were you using ReStock at the time? I'm also having this issue. I'm suspecting a problem between teakchute and ReStock or it could just be a ReStock bug.

23 minutes ago, rcollier said:

Were you using ReStock at the time? I'm also having this issue. I'm suspecting a problem between teakchute and ReStock or it could just be a ReStock bug.

The TweakChute plugin got an update, so if you are trying to continue a saved game, there may be some issues with the changes.

easiest way to tell is to just start a new game and see if the issues persist

Edited by Galileo

I am not using tweakchute, though i just realized i didn't re-install restock when i fresh installed.  Re-stock is in fact causing problems.  A few other on restock are reporting the issue there, so it may be just a restock issue.  I am still tweaking things, if i get a solution I will post it here or there (restock mod), depending on what the issue is.

15 minutes ago, gsamelon said:

I am not using tweakchute, though i just realized i didn't re-install restock when i fresh installed.  Re-stock is in fact causing problems.  A few other on restock are reporting the issue there, so it may be just a restock issue.  I am still tweaking things, if i get a solution I will post it here or there (restock mod), depending on what the issue is.

If you are using JNSQ, you are using TweakChutes because it's part of JNSQ.  I tested TweakChutes thoroughly and had no problems whatsoever with it, but I wasn't using ReStock.  If you want to run a test without TweakChutes, just remove the following folder:  GameData/JNSQ/JNSQ_Plugins/Sigma/TweakChutes/.  If the problem persists, then it's not TweakChutes.  There is nothing else in JNSQ that should have any affect on parachutes whatsoever.

Just now, OhioBob said:

If you are using JNSQ, you are using TweakChutes because it's part of JNSQ.  I tested TweakChutes thoroughly and had no problems whatsoever with it, but I wasn't using ReStock.  If you want to run a test without TweakChutes, just remove the following folder:  GameData/JNSQ/JNSQ_Plugins/Sigma/TweakChutes/.  If the problem persists, then it's not TweakChutes.  There is nothing else in JNSQ that should have any affect on parachutes whatsoever.

Thanks @OhioBob, didn't realize tweakchutes was in there, I'll give that a whirl.

I'm getting the same parachute bug. Started a new game today from a clean install after the 0.6 update, parachutes just aren't deploying at all. I did have Restock, and the recommended mods, but having deleted Restock, I'm still getting the same behavior.

Parachute Problem Fix

The reported parachute problem is due to a TweakChutes update that was excluded from JNSQ v0.6.

This problem has been fixed in JNSQ v0.65

If you are playing v0.6 and do not want to re-download the entire thing, you can install the following quick fix:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck9k7fn9645spf9/ParachuteQuickFix.zip?dl=0

Edited by OhioBob

16 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Announcement:  Parachute Problem Fix?

I think I may have found the source of the parachute problem that has been reported.  In the flurry of changes that preceded JNSQ v0.5, somehow my TweakChutes update got reverted and failed to make it into the release.  We'll need to push another update to fix this, but in the meantime, here are the steps you can take to update TweakChutes yourself.

1)  Replace the file GameData/JNSQ/JNSQ_Configs/TweakChutes.cfg with the following,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbixow6qf7cu9yu/TweakChutes.cfg?dl=0.

2)  Delete TweakChutes v0.2 located here, GameDate/JNSQ/JNSQ_Plugins/Sigma/TweakChutes/.

3)  Replace the above by downloading and installing TweakChutes v0.3.

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-TweakChutes/releases/tag/v0.3.0

That was definitely the issue.  The work around worked for now.  I'm glad you found it, I was working on figuring it out for about an hour.