[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@alberro+ Rational Resources is optional (it is recommended, not depended on), and the same can be said of the resources that are added at random when you install CRP (as for mods like USI MKS).

Thanks for clarifying, another question.

Will RR break or cause any issues with existing saves if removed?

17 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Will RR break or cause any issues with existing saves if removed?

The only threat it brings is if you have a landed craft drilling up resources other than Ore. Some resources you've planned for may go missing and so will cripple your operations.

57 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The only threat it brings is if you have a landed craft drilling up resources other than Ore. Some resources you've planned for may go missing and so will cripple your operations.

Ah well then I've got no issues, thanks for clarifying.

21 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

9dP5vid.png

I'm using JNSQ with the 1.9.1 Kopernicus bleeding edge build and getting a floating KSC. Is this common? Is there a fix?

I've seen that (and also an underground KSC).  Usually a reload will fix the bug.  Have you tried that?

It seems to be some stock bug with the load routine and larger planetary bodies.  Unfortunately, short of a reload which almost always works, I don't know of any fix.

Have you tried eliminating other mods one by one to rule out mod interference of some kind, if the reload trick is not working?

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, R-T-B said:

I've seen that (and also an underground KSC).  Usually a reload will fix the bug.  Have you tried that?

It seems to be some stock bug with the load routine and larger planetary bodies.  Unfortunately, short of a reload which almost always works, I don't know of any fix.

Have you tried eliminating other mods one by one to rule out mod interference of some kind, if the reload trick is not working?

X6su5tV.png

This is what I got after reloading. I have done that like one by one mod check thing and I don't think I could go through that again lol. But I know the mods that usually cause it and I'm not using them.

My mods: https://pastebin.com/PEXU7Pyy

I can only say that's not a common bug if it can't be fixed by a reload, and if one reload fails, the second usually succeeds.

Quite odd, sorry I can't offer more help.

EDIT:  Looking at your modlist, I see you have Tweakscale.  You aren't resizing the bodies by chance, are you?  That might lead to this behavior (unfamiliar with TweakScale in general but know it resizes...  things).

Edited by R-T-B

Hey dear Galileo Team! Where is Kraken?

Sorry if it has already been asked before (and I'm pretty sure it was).
You know, as a kerbonaut, I wish to make piligrimage to Kraken the Greatest. The swallower of ships, the destroyer of worlds. The guardian of the Kerbol system, the creator of the Universe.

Thank you for JNSQ and GPP. They are damn awesome - I've had great times playing both!

When we arrived at Bop, we received a mysterious transmission of unknown source. After days of decoding, it finally read: THERE IS NO KRAKEN.
The crew went all denial. Some tell they saw himself wandering in deep space. Others tell tales.

59 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

I can only say that's not a common bug if it can't be fixed by a reload, and if one reload fails, the second usually succeeds.

Quite odd, sorry I can't offer more help.

EDIT:  Looking at your modlist, I see you have Tweakscale.  You aren't resizing the bodies by chance, are you?  That might lead to this behavior (unfamiliar with TweakScale in general but know it resizes...  things).

No just for changing sizes of parts.

EDIT: I just tried with a only JNSQ installed and it still is floating. Is there a specific version of bleeding edge I should use?

Edited by NateDaBeast

48 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

No just for changing sizes of parts.

EDIT: I just tried with a only JNSQ installed and it still is floating. Is there a specific version of bleeding edge I should use?

I am unsure what would cause your scenario.  You could try stable 1.9.1, or the latest bleeding edge (in case you are out of date or something).  I just tested both and at least for a fresh game, they are working for me.

It's almost like your save is corrupted or something. :(

Edited by R-T-B

1 minute ago, R-T-B said:

I am unsure what would cause your scenario.  You could try stable 1.9.1, or the latest bleeding edge (in case you are out of date or something).  I just tested both and at least for a fresh game, they are working for me.

It's almost like your save is corrupted or something. :(

I've restarted a new save each time just to check. Could you link me the "stable" 1.9.1 if its not a bother? Wondering If I am downloading the wrong one.

10 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

I've restarted a new save each time just to check. Could you link me the "stable" 1.9.1 if its not a bother? Wondering If I am downloading the wrong one.

It's here:

Direct link to latest release:

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/download/release-1.9.1-10/Kopernicus-1.9.1-10.zip

I fear it may not help you though, as stable is really just bleeding edge right now with a few less experimental features, none of which should cause that.  I hate to go down this road, but have you tried reinstalling KSP completely to rule out a corrupt install?

If you have steam, maybe validating game cache (under right click game in library -> properties) may help?

Edited by R-T-B

1 minute ago, R-T-B said:

It's here:

Direct link to latest release:

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/download/release-1.9.1-10/Kopernicus-1.9.1-10.zip

I fear it may not help you though, as stable is really just bleeding edge right now with a few less experimental features, none of which should cause that.  I hate to go down this road, but have you tried reinstalling KSP completely to rule out a corrupt install?

If you have steam, maybe validating game cache (under right click game in library -> properties) may help?

I'll try a reinstall right now and see if it fixes it.

Yeah.  Your issue is really odd and certainly not one I'm familiar with.  Do let me know.

If it doesn't work, the next step would be to ask your hardware configuration, because maybe it's a bug related to your particular hardware?  If so we can likely develop a work around, but we need to know the parts that are affected by this.

Edited by R-T-B

3 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

vVH3RAd.png

Clean install, verified, JNSQ and your latest release :(

Wow.  Ok, so here's what I'll need from you next.

KSP.log from your ksp install directory root.

settings.cfg too please, just to double check something.

Send them to me in PM, so we don't clutter this too much since this is not a common issue.  I will do my best to develop some kind of fix for you, worst case, or tell you what's causing it in simple terms, best case.

Also if anyone else is having this issue with JNSQ, please speak up.

Edited by R-T-B

11 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

I'm using JNSQ with the 1.9.1 Kopernicus bleeding edge build and getting a floating KSC. Is this common? Is there a fix?

What Render and Texture quality settings are you using in your game setup?  JNSQ was designed to use the maximum settings.  Using lower settings can change the terrain so that objects can end up floating or partially buried.  If this is the case, then I recommend either using maximum settings or, if that's not practical, changing KSC's elevation.  To edit the elevation, find the file JNSQ/JNSQ_Bodies/Kerbin.cfg, scroll to the SpaceCenter at the bottom and change this line to suit:

repositionRadiusOffset = 293

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

What Render and Texture quality settings are you using in your game setup?  JNSQ was designed to use the maximum settings.  Using lower settings can change the terrain so that objects can end up floating or partially buried.  If this is the case, then I recommend either using maximum settings or, if that's not practical, changing KSC's elevation.  To edit the elevation, find the file JNSQ/JNSQ_Bodies/Kerbin.cfg, scroll to the SpaceCenter at the bottom and change this line to suit:

repositionRadiusOffset = 293

I was unaware JNSQ had a setting requirement, it's been so long since I installed it.  This is indeed probably his issue then.  His settings file appears to be using standard (non-JNSQ) low terrain quality.  Thanks for clarifying.

And FWIW, the shader setting can be lowered, I've done it before.  It's the terrain quality setting that seems to matter the most.

Oh, and while I'm here, there is a new Stable Kopernicus that works wonders on JNSQ performance with land scatters, if anyone is interested.  Just a shout out to that:

Edited by R-T-B

40 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Is there a reason in particular for having to remove the settings.cfg when installing JNSQ? 

It's so you can change the graphics settings to JNSQ's custom settings. There is a bug in KSP where those options only appear when there isn't a saved graphics setting in settings.cfg. I'm pretty sure you can just delete that line from settings.cfg and then you'll be able to change the graphics settings to JNSQ's custom settings but it's a lot easier to just delete settings.cfg and re create your settings.

On 10/10/2020 at 3:15 AM, R-T-B said:

TweakScale resizes PARTS, not "things". There's no way for TweakScale to affect statics.

On 10/18/2020 at 11:05 AM, Lisias said:

TweakScale resizes PARTS, not "things". There's no way for TweakScale to affect statics.

I did say I basically had no idea what it did beyond resizing, but thanks for the claifification.  Was just shooting something at the wall in hopes it would stick, really... lol.

No discredit to your mod, but you know how interactions can do...  things.  Had to try and ask him what it did. ;)

Edited by R-T-B