Aristophanes the Frog

I think I finally got this working reasonably well. There are some odd bugs. If you timewarp, the program rearranges his eyeballs, and for some reason the mouth is positioned properly in the SPH but a bit off when loading. Oh, well.. minor stuff.  

Despite the fact I actually am not at all a fan of Twitter, it was still quite cool to have the KSP folk post both this and my Milo plane.  Thanks for the support you all!

The frog is up on KerbalX here:

https://kerbalx.com/Klapaucius/Aristophanes-the-Frog

mfscjyk.png

Edited by Klapaucius

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, James Kerman said:

Congratulations @Klapaucius, for your abuse of the robotic parts you have been awarded thread of the month.

Thank you!  That's really cool.  I did recently discover, however, that I am not the first to frogdom.  I came across this from 2013 using infernal robotics.   It's a great video.

This is awesome. It's reasonably fast considering the lack of friction native to ksp.  I've only worked on creeping gait for quadrupedal type bot and it's rather slow and wonky if the terrain isn't perfectly flat. Aristophanes leaps so uneven terrain isn't an issue. Good job dude

19 minutes ago, Dundrogen said:

This is awesome. It's reasonably fast considering the lack of friction native to ksp.  I've only worked on creeping gait for quadrupedal type bot and it's rather slow and wonky if the terrain isn't perfectly flat. Aristophanes leaps so uneven terrain isn't an issue. Good job dude

Thank you for the kind words.

Check out @Kergarin's walker challenge. There are some incredibly fast ones on that.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.