Help reviving old mod

VaPaL

So, @nathan1 hasn't been around for a while and I am plannig to revive his mod:

Question is, do I try to contact him first ou should I just do it? It's licensed under MIT Lincense.

Also, I have some experience with coding but little with making mods for KSP, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Always (in my opinion) contact original MOD author

I thought there was a thread / post outlining what to be done - but can't find it.

IIRC:

One thing you can do is post a message in the mod thread, a general message saying that you are working on this, and that if you haven't heard from him by (pick a reasonable date) you'll be releasing a new version.  Ping him as well in the message.

I always do the same via private message as well. Be polite - mention the license as well.

Since the license is MIT - then you shouldn't have any issues.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

I thought there was a thread / post outlining what to be done - but can't find it.

it's not in the sticky thread on the development forum, @Deddly - I had to page back through LGG's topic history to find it. Unless it's not included because it's too out of date now?

Edited by Drew Kerman

5 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

it's not in the sticky thread on the development forum, @Deddly - I had to page back through LGG's topic history to find it. Unless it's not included because it's too out of date now?

Still relevant. 

11 hours ago, VaPaL said:

So, @nathan1 hasn't been around for a while and I am plannig to revive his mod:

Question is, do I try to contact him first ou should I just do it? It's licensed under MIT Lincense.

Also, I have some experience with coding but little with making mods for KSP, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Follow my instructions listed in the above mentioned post, and you should be ok.  From what I just read in the thread, it doesn't sound like any significant issues will come up

On 9/13/2019 at 8:01 AM, Drew Kerman said:

Thanks for that, Drew. I've added it to the post now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.