Jump to content

[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11


Recommended Posts

On 3/19/2021 at 8:43 PM, EimajOzear said:

Now that Cryogenic Engines features methalox engines, would it be possible to have a patch which modifies the Sabatier Process to produce LqdMethane instead of Liquid Fuel?

according to kerbalism, liquid fuel is already liquid methane.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm having problems with the nitrogen losses during extraveicular activity.

every time i get a kerbal out of an airlock, i lose nitrogen. lots of nitrogen. i get a continuous loss while he is out, and i keep losing nitrogen even after he's come back inside, for up to a few hours. the user manual says nothing about it at all. is there any way to prevent that from happening?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

according to kerbalism, liquid fuel is already liquid methane.

In name only, AFAIK! There is a clear difference in dV and total mass when I compare Liquid Fuel and LqdMethane in the same tanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, it is not difficult to go into the Profile under KerbalismConfig/Profiles folder and change Liquid fuel to be Liquid methane (LqdMethane is what you have to type). Same could be done to replace monoprop with Hydrazine if you are using something like Real Fuels.

Edited by Jcking
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

i'm having problems with the nitrogen losses during extraveicular activity.

every time i get a kerbal out of an airlock, i lose nitrogen. lots of nitrogen. i get a continuous loss while he is out, and i keep losing nitrogen even after he's come back inside, for up to a few hours. the user manual says nothing about it at all. is there any way to prevent that from happening?

Looking at Kerbalism's Default profile, this comment came up which should be helpful to you "approx 5 days of leaks and volume of a crew member crew going eva will need the volume their bodies displaced within the vessel replaced with N2 to correct pressure drop, vise versa when entering from eva the pressure will increase due to the volume of the Kerbal displacing the internal vessel atmosphere, excess is vented overboard. The pressure controller can be disabled to save N2 that will be used replacing the Kerbals volume."

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Jcking said:

Looking at Kerbalism's Default profile, this comment came up which should be helpful to you "approx 5 days of leaks and volume of a crew member crew going eva will need the volume their bodies displaced within the vessel replaced with N2 to correct pressure drop, vise versa when entering from eva the pressure will increase due to the volume of the Kerbal displacing the internal vessel atmosphere, excess is vented overboard. The pressure controller can be disabled to save N2 that will be used replacing the Kerbals volume."

i tried disabling the pressure controllers, but the nitrogen is still lost as soon as i reactivate it again, even days later. and i'm pretty sure i lose much more than 5 days of leaks

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

i tried disabling the pressure controllers, but the nitrogen is still lost as soon as i reactivate it again, even days later. and i'm pretty sure i lose much more than 5 days of leaks

That is expected. You need to use N2 to replenish the loss of pressure after EVA. Just pack more nitrogen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Darkherring said:

That is expected. You need to use N2 to replenish the loss of pressure after EVA. Just pack more nitrogen.

ok, let's expand the question a bit then:

besides packing more nitrogen and performing less EVA, are there other tricks i can use to try and minimize eva nitrogen losses?

 

actually, i know there are tricks, because i went out of my lander and i lost 100 nitrogen, while i went out of my main ship and i lost several thousands. and both times i was going out of the same Mk1-3 command pod, and i'm trying to figure out how to lose 100 every time instead of losing several thousand.

Edited by king of nowhere
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

ok, let's expand the question a bit then:

besides packing more nitrogen and performing less EVA, are there other tricks i can use to try and minimize eva nitrogen losses?

 

actually, i know there are tricks, because i went out of my lander and i lost 100 nitrogen, while i went out of my main ship and i lost several thousands. and both times i was going out of the same Mk1-3 command pod, and i'm trying to figure out how to lose 100 every time instead of losing several thousand.

Do you have connected living spaces installed too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Cruesoe said:

Do you have connected living spaces installed too?

it sounds like the name of a mod, but i'll choose to assume it's just a question about there being multiple living spaces close to each other.

the answer is yes, and i did notice i seem to lose less nitrogen when i move the kerbonaut in some isolated habitat; but i still ended up losing much nitrogen.

 

although, thinking about it, that time i went out of the unpressurized cockpit i still hadn't reactivated the pumps after the previous eva, so maybe i was just refilling what i lost previously? i will have to check that.

but it also seems there are limits to this, because my previous ship had a string of 5 greenhouses, 3 laboratories, and 4 Mk3 passenger modules, and still it didn't seem to lose too much air when i went eva. or perhaps i simply did not notice the few times i went out of there

Edited by king of nowhere
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello friends!  I picked this Mod up after following Carnassa's beyond home on youtube.  I'm a big user of KSPIE (interstellar extended).  I have a vessel that is being stopped by helium production on time warp.  I can't warp over 1000x because it says its unstable at high warp.  I'm using the kerbalism science only module.

Is there something I can do in the config files to exempt this vessel, or is there a way to turn off the stop time warp?  I'm open to editing the config files i just need guidance on where to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2021 at 11:04 AM, Single stage to ocean said:

Does having multiple chemical plants actually produce more resources? Eg. 6 sabatier

it produces more resources, it also consumes more resources. 6 sabatiers will run the sabatier process 6 times faster than 1 sabatier, that's it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, king of nowhere said:

Question: is kerbalism compatible with the outer planets mod?

now that I made a grand tour with kerbalism, I am looking for the next challenge, and adding more planets seem like a logical direction to go...

Yes, Kerbalism is compatible with OPM with configs for the planets included with Kerbalism.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly - great mod, love you work all!

I've done a quick search through this topic but didn't find what I was looking for.

I've run a Survey Scanner across Minmus, and have a bunch of resource types, etc. Is there documentation somewhere which translates the different resources to the various drill types (water, ore, nitrogen)?

Water and Ore seem straight forward - but i can't tell what resource provides improved Nitrogen mining.

There is a reference to mining nitrogen here:
https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/PlayGuide-~-Resources#harvesters

Edited by wolffy_au
Added information
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 6:50 PM, Gotmachine said:

Yeah, this is an annoying bug. The problem is that we can't easily disable pressurization as a whole because of various reasons, one of them being that the Kerbalism 3.x branch development is in minimum effort mode.
In the meantime, you should be relatively fine if you don't ever touch the enable/disable habitat button.
We should probably remove the ability to disable habitat as a temporary workaround.

I noticed I couldn't find the disable button. For a long mission to mars it would be nice to just put shielding on particular habitats and disable eg. the return capsule. Since I can't disable the habitat I will need to shield it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, wolffy_au said:

Firstly - great mod, love you work all!

I've done a quick search through this topic but didn't find what I was looking for.

I've run a Survey Scanner across Minmus, and have a bunch of resource types, etc. Is there documentation somewhere which translates the different resources to the various drill types (water, ore, nitrogen)?

Water and Ore seem straight forward - but i can't tell what resource provides improved Nitrogen mining.

There is a reference to mining nitrogen here:
https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/PlayGuide-~-Resources#harvesters

Thanks to @WarriorSabe for pointing me to the config files. Nitrogen is only available for a handful of planets and apart from looking at the configs themselves, I'm not sure how else you can tell which ones they are. Have created a ticket to provide something in-game with this information.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

If I install persistent rotation, would a spining ship provide artificial gravity and as such, confot to the kerbals?

No, there's not really a good way for the mod to test for that in a way that's accurate, performant, and user/ui-friendly as far as I'm aware. You need parts with the flag saying they provide the gravity comfort (generally centrifuge parts), or being landed on a planet (even if it has almost no gravity - it just looks for the landed flag).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I recently decided to improve my ksp experience by adding Kerbalism, but ive encountered strange problem. Is there any fix for that?


[EXC 15:11:36.534] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.OnGUI () (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 15:11:36.535] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.OnGUI () (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 15:11:36.545] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.DB.Storm (System.String name) (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
    KERBALISM.Storm.Update (CelestialBody body, System.Double elapsed_s) (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.FixedUpdate () (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

 

This is the extract from ksp.log, which repeats infinetely, while im trying to get into my saved game. When it finally loads it outputs an error message and halts the game(

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just downloaded the last version  Im planning to do a new playtrough in ksp 1.11, since my last kerbalism carreer playtrough was in ksp 1.3 I think :P. I was just messing in sandbox with the new features,  and I couldnt inflate any habitats (neither the ones from kerbalism, nor the ones from restock+) Is there anything extra to do ? my test vessel had electric charge and nitrogen canister attached, and I was landed, at the KSC (as I said, testing). 

 

Edited by SiCaRiO31
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 11:25 AM, wolffy_au said:

Firstly - great mod, love you work all!

I've done a quick search through this topic but didn't find what I was looking for.

I've run a Survey Scanner across Minmus, and have a bunch of resource types, etc. Is there documentation somewhere which translates the different resources to the various drill types (water, ore, nitrogen)?

Water and Ore seem straight forward - but i can't tell what resource provides improved Nitrogen mining.

There is a reference to mining nitrogen here:
https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/PlayGuide-~-Resources#harvesters

the resource is, indeed, nitrogen. you find it on only a few planets; as far as i am aware, just Mun and Duna, and not sure if there is an additional source in the outer system. yes, getting nitrogen is a pain.

on most planets it won't even register on the scanner, that's why you don't see it on the scan of minmus. try doing the same for mun, you should find some.

On 4/15/2021 at 5:05 PM, SiCaRiO31 said:

I just downloaded the last version  Im planning to do a new playtrough in ksp 1.11, since my last kerbalism carreer playtrough was in ksp 1.3 I think :P. I was just messing in sandbox with the new features,  and I couldnt inflate any habitats (neither the ones from kerbalism, nor the ones from restock+) Is there anything extra to do ? my test vessel had electric charge and nitrogen canister attached, and I was landed, at the KSC (as I said, testing). 

 

i also had problems there, i think it's a bug and you should not try to inflate abitats until they fix it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...