[1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] Kerbal Space Transport System

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

With this mod the game doesn't seem to recognize the ship as coming from the VAB(I'm not sure this is the exact reason, just an example). With RMM the spawned ship works exactly like one would if you launched it from the VAB . I've never tried USI-LS because of the warning on the OP, but this is what happens with you use KSTS with Baris. Baris requires that parts have a certain reliability. If you launch the ship from the VAB, those parts work as the mod intended. If you launch those parts as a payload with KSTS, the ship explodes because the parts have no reliability. This mod doesn't treat the launched ship like a normal ship.

9 hours ago, reducing said:

Baris requires that parts have a certain reliability. If you launch the ship from the VAB, those parts work as the mod intended. If you launch those parts as a payload with KSTS, the ship explodes because the parts have no reliability.

BARIS was retired on 1/1/2022. you can read about it here:

Since there is no support for it, I am not going to spend any time on adding compatibility for it, sorry

@linuxgurugamer I understand that. You just wanted to know why it was incompatible with certain mods and I was giving an example. I'm pretty sure the problem with Baris is the same problem with other mods. When I have time maybe I'll try LS with the mod.

Edited by reducing

I created an account to report an issue. The issue is I cannot read instructions clearly and figured out my problem in the process of documenting the issue.

So while I'm here I just want to thank linuxgurugamer for your work in supporting and developing these KSP mods :)

22 hours ago, reducing said:

I understand that. You just wanted to know why it was incompatible with certain mods and I was giving an example. I'm pretty sure the problem with Baris is the same problem with other mods. When I have time maybe I'll try LS with the mod.

Angel just told me Baris was basically replaced with "EVA Repairs".... have you tried using *that*?
"Q: Does this replace Building A Rocket Isn't Simple (BARIS)?
A: Yes. BARIS will be retired, and its thread locked, by end of 2021. EVA Repairs is its successor. "

Edited by Stone Blue

@Stone Blue I'm well aware that Baris is discontinued. A question was asked what conflicts this mod has and I was giving an example. I'm not talking about this specific release, but of problems I've had with this mod in the past.

I tested this mod last night with EVA repairs, procedural parts, USI-LS and it still has the conflict is has always had. No one else is bringing up these problems and people seem to be happily using this mod so it's not a problem. If people have conflicts they can use Routine Mission Manager, which does a lot of the same stuff.

55 minutes ago, reducing said:

@Stone Blue I'm well aware that Baris is discontinued. A question was asked what conflicts this mod has and I was giving an example. I'm not talking about this specific release, but of problems I've had with this mod in the past.

yup.. I got that ;)

I only suggested Eva Repair, to see if it may have had the same issue or not ;)

22 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

only suggested Eva Repair

@reducingIf you could check this and get back to me on it, I'd appreciate it.  I don't use this mod much, and am busy with other mods right now, so getting feedback is important.  Since EVA Repair is current, it _is_ something I'd look into supporting

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I used this mod happily about a year ago and it really changed the gameplay.

Using it together with stage recovery was a lot of fun and it made automation of tasks really easy.

Coming back to this mod now, I am running into a questionable situation.

When recording a new transport mission, I find that after landing back on Kerbin, the refund price of the vessel is not deduced from the cost of the mission.

When I click "stop & save",  the cost of the mission is locked to the current expense, which was exactly the same when in orbit.

Imo, it shouldn't be, otherwise, what is the point in bringing back the vessel?

https://imgur.com/a/jBaWnvQ

BTW, no error logs detected.

Edited by Remarkerbal

So am I doing something wrong when a flight completes (ETA is at zero) is there something I am supposed to click to complete or confirm the flight? Clicking on the flight as if it is a button does nothing and the flights don't complete they just sort of stack up. If I close kerbal and come back they have completed and the kerbals or fuel or whatever I am shipping has gone where it was supposed to. That can't be the actual method right? I don't see any instruction on what to do to clear a flight after it is done in the help or here. I don't think I am looking at a bug no errors in log or wonky behavior otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have the problem that the game is extremely laggy after I reinstalled KSTS.
I have an older save where I had KSTS on it before without any problems.
There are a lot of ships in Deploy and Transport, I can't remember having so many.
I would like to delete this list in the hope that things will then go back to normal. At the moment it is unfortunately impossible to continue playing my old save with the mod.
On a new game it works normally with no lag.
Would be grateful for any help

13 minutes ago, heli said:

Hello, I have the problem that the game is extremely laggy after I reinstalled KSTS.
I have an older save where I had KSTS on it before without any problems.
There are a lot of ships in Deploy and Transport, I can't remember having so many.
I would like to delete this list in the hope that things will then go back to normal. At the moment it is unfortunately impossible to continue playing my old save with the mod.
On a new game it works normally with no lag.
Would be grateful for any help

Log file might be helpful

7 minutes ago, heli said:

sorry, here the file, I hope it's the right one, it's my first log file that I'm sending :cool:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aguz_zUJaStKh5NFMpR1AG31R9UOfg?e=1Eo4cs

There are a lot of problems in the log file, none which are directly from this mod.

You can try editing the persistent.sfs file and remove all references to KSTS.  I'd make a full copy of the save and do this in the copy 

First of all, thank you very much for the super fast reply,
Also managed to successfully change the persistent.sfs so the ships weren't there anymore, but unfortunately it didn't improve the lag.
I uninstalled KSTS with a heavy heart(after uninstallation it works normally). I hope I can still find the mistake, or just start a new career

Edited by heli

Just now, heli said:

First of all, thank you very much for the super fast reply,
Also managed to successfully change the persistent.sfs so the ships weren't there anymore, but unfortunately it didn't improve the lag.
I uninstalled KSTS with a heavy heart. I hope I can still find the mistake, or just start a new career

sorry

3 hours ago, heli said:

I'm back to 2.0.2 and lo and behold it works normally. no performance problem. apparently only version 2.0.2.1 doesn't work for me

That's really strange, 2.0.2.1 just added loading craft from subdirs.

I'll have to do a bit of digging into that commit

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Flamingo said:

When i try to deploy a payload using another vessel as a reference the game crashes. I can only enter certain buildings (Astronaut Complex, R&D and Mission Control) and i cant exit them or the game.

https://file.io/U7jFR8ZyKNzb Log

Otherwise great mod among many other of yours.

Not sure I understand, can you make a video? 

is the problem with entering certain buildings after you try to deploy the payload?

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not sure I understand, can you make a video? 

is the problem with entering certain buildings after you try to deploy the payload?

Yes of course. For some reason i couldn't upload to Imgur. When i quickload the "uncrashes" but the payload hasn't been deployed and the astronaut is still in the astronaut complex.

New log: https://file.io/47XaeKmgpre9

Video: https://file.io/WbjJOshwQX34

When recording the video i found out, that i could just quickload in stead of restarting the entire game, which actually made debugging possible. I found out that it's the DataLog Info Drive from Vessel Notes & Logs that prevents the vessel from deploying.

Edited by Flamingo

2 hours ago, Flamingo said:

Yes of course. For some reason i couldn't upload to Imgur. When i quickload the "uncrashes" but the payload hasn't been deployed and the astronaut is still in the astronaut complex.

New log: https://file.io/47XaeKmgpre9

Video: https://file.io/WbjJOshwQX34

When recording the video i found out, that i could just quickload in stead of restarting the entire game, which actually made debugging possible. I found out that it's the DataLog Info Drive from Vessel Notes & Logs that prevents the vessel from deploying.

I'd still like a video to understand what's going on.  Obviously some sort of interaction, I want to fix it, if possible