Sun mod for better light/flares?

Jimbodiah

Playing RSSVE/Scatterer and kind of disappointed by the sun, it's just a white dot in the sky and you wouldn't know it was the sun if it wasn't bigger than the other stars.

Is there any mod currently for 1.8.1 that adds better sun light and/or flares? I use to have some mods in the 1.3.1 days, but it seems there is not a lot around anymore.

5 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

Playing RSSVE/Scatterer and kind of disappointed by the sun, it's just a white dot in the sky and you wouldn't know it was the sun if it wasn't bigger than the other stars.

Is there any mod currently for 1.8.1 that adds better sun light and/or flares? I use to have some mods in the 1.3.1 days, but it seems there is not a lot around anymore.

I never got into it, but I'm pretty sure that Scatterer will let you replace the sunflare entirely (with something custom?)?

https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/tree/master/scatterer/Effects/SunFlare

At least that is what the source code makes me believe (though I haven't dug into it much)...

I think that isn't working at the moment, at least I just get a white dot with no real lightsource using just Scatterer. Found the old Maar mod, but that only works 50% of the times I start KSP up.

Sun181.jpg

Edited by Jimbodiah

Scatterer flares are a problem, something is causing them to vanish randomly. Seen that on multiple planet packs since  KSP 1.7.3. Try that thing, it can run alongside scatterer and the flare will behave properly.

On 2/25/2020 at 4:47 PM, Jimbodiah said:

Might be EVE/RSSVE getting in the way. In map view it seems to work more often than in regular view using Sunflares of Maar.

Looks cool when is does work though.

Sun181_2.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.