KSP fans have a new hockey team to root for

KevinTMC

I'm not saying Seattle (where Boeing was founded, and home to an excellent Museum of Flight) had Kerbal Space Program in mind when they named their new NHL team...

...but I'm not saying they didn't either.

Going to have to make a new mission flag or three from this, for sure.

27 minutes ago, KevinTMC said:

Kerbal Space Program in mind when they named their new NHL team...

Not necessarily, they probably named it after the deep sea monster, and not the legendary bug from KSP.

Edited by DunaManiac

It's probably named after the much more famous deep sea monster from mythology.

15 minutes ago, KevinTMC said:
18 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

Not necessarily, the Kraken is a deep sea monster that has nothing to do with KSP.

Well, see, I've been around for awhile (since version 0.15 to be precise)...

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Deep_Space_Kraken

And, you see, it doesn't take much to use Google to find out that the Kraken has been around for a lot longer than KSP.

19 minutes ago, KevinTMC said:

Well, see, I've been around for awhile (since version 0.15 to be precise)...

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Deep_Space_Kraken

Yes, I know about that I've been playing KSP since 0.25 if you want to know, it's just that they probably named it after the deep sea monster, not after KSP.

I've actually encountered the Kraken a few times, not the main Kraken, but other incarnations of it.

Edited by DunaManiac

I'm sorry tone doesn't come across well in forums. I'm quite aware of the longer history of the Kraken (stretching from old Scandinavian lore to more recent mariners' tales). I just thought it was cute that the Kraken is a beloved/dreaded part of KSP history...and now there's going to be an NHL team named the Kraken.

(And hey, it's always possible that there's a KSP player out there who works for the new franchise, and is thus extra-pleased with the team name rollout today.)

On 7/23/2020 at 2:50 PM, Bej Kerman said:

the Kraken has been around for a lot longer than KSP.

Well of course it has. The Kraken is eternal. The Kraken is not bound by the limits of a single game or franchise. Not only will it undoubtedly remain in KSP 2, but I've witnessed its handiwork in many an other game and expect to continue to do so for all time. The Kraken is not limited by time or space. ͅT̆h᷉e҆ ߲K̩r̝a͛k͖e͑nͭ ̒w͍a̱s͚ ߳b᷉o̐r̾n̥ ͮi߳n̐ ᷁s̃pͤa҉c͉eͨ,ͤ ̱m̃o̱l̚d̓e͢d͖ ̨b̟ỵ ̅i͐tͬ.͟ ͆R҉e҇s̥p̄e᷀c̻t̽ ̹t͡h̙e̦ ̙K̓r͠ǎḱe᷉n͝.͎ F̡̱̗̰e̜̣̠̣̦͕ͅa̭̱̖̭̯ͅr̥̰̯ ̳̖̙͕t̖̹h͙̣̣̥͙͕͝e̸ ̖͓̦̳̤͓Kr͢a͇͉̳̦̠̰k̹̮̥͍͍̳ȩ̗̜̟̗n̼̬̪.͇̭͕̭͚͔ͅ   ̸̙̠͓͉̲̱̪͚̮̦̗̦̫̝́S̵̷̸͔͖̩̗̙̪͙̗͇̜̙̩͓̳͡͞A̧̭̝̬̯̻̦̩̰̣̦̰̙͙̣͜Ç͘͏̼̻̠̣̪R̶̞̤̺̳̖̪̺̹͓̦̜̪̜̰̮͟͠͡Į͇͍͉͕̠͝ͅF̸͟͝͏̴͓͕̬̭̫̦̠̻I҉̧͕̼̳̞̦̖̠̬̰̙̬̥͢͡Ç̨͙͉̲̝̠̝̼̮̞̭͠͞E͞͏̮͙̬͙̩̣̙̟͓͓͕̦̺͈̣͡͞ͅ ̵̵̺͕̜͕̭̻̦̼͍͠A̶̶̛̦͎̱̟̩̜͇̙͙̣͟ͅĹ̹̠̳̘̼͟Ĺ̻̰̥̖̠̯͈̝͈̭̼̫͟ ̸̨̰̳̲̤̘̰͉͎̖͙̜̺̘͎̪̜̤͘ͅŢ̸̤̬̲̹̠̦͔̯̳̩̠͖̘̠̻͠͠ͅO҉̴̼̤̦̯͍̖̟̙̞͉̠̰̟̤̞̘̻̭̻ ̛͟͏̸̠̗̤͖͢Ṱ̶̡̫͖̫͇̮̠͙̝̝̘́͟ͅͅH҉͓̘̝̹̭̥̭̠̼̝̜̜͚͍͓̺͟͜ͅÈ̞̱͙̹̺͔̳̺̞͢͝͠ ͏̵҉̧̩̞̺͍̖ͅK̶̛̹̠͚̲͍̹̦̤͙͞ͅR̛̗̬̙̬̗̟̖̞̖͇̹͎̩̀ͅͅĄ̶̮͈̻͍͝Ḳ̵̡͇̥̮̪͕Ę̧͉̫̙̦͇̤͚̰͕̙͖̀͡͡N̸̡͙͔̭̫͉̪͉͖̺͈͍̩̠̯̬͙̦

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.