[1.12.x] Waterfall - a framework for continuous, mesh-driven engine effects (Aug 2)

Nertea

The folks over at Real Plume have directed me to here with this bug, and I can confirm it is definitely caused by the Waterfall plumes. The RAPIER engine has a very noticeable 'gap" between the engine and the actual plume, and I'm wondering if the creator of this mod could possibly fix this? Thanks. (btw this is with a fresh install of Waterfall)

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

1 hour ago, Clayel said:

The folks over at Real Plume have directed me to here with this bug, and I can confirm it is definitely caused by the Waterfall plumes. The RAPIER engine has a very noticeable 'gap" between the engine and the actual plume, and I'm wondering if the creator of this mod could possibly fix this? Thanks. (btw this is with a fresh install of Waterfall)

--image snip--

Probably better to ask over in the Stock Waterfall Effects thread, since that'll be the mod that adds effects to the Rapiers; this is just a framework mod, and doesn't change anything by itself :)

If you're comfortable enough w/ ModuleManager to write your own patch, you could use the ingame editor to move the templates used and then copy those offset values to your patch; been a while since I was trying my hand at doing Waterfall stuff though, so can't give much more help than that ^^;

3 minutes ago, Starseeker said:

Probably better to ask over in the Stock Waterfall Effects thread, since that'll be the mod that adds effects to the Rapiers; this is just a framework mod, and doesn't change anything by itself :)

If you're comfortable enough w/ ModuleManager to write your own patch, you could use the ingame editor to move the templates used and then copy those offset values to your patch; been a while since I was trying my hand at doing Waterfall stuff though, so can't give much more help than that ^^;

Ah, fair point, mb

16 hours ago, Starseeker said:

I've been informed that the Waterfall Restock mod thread is also in this forum. (I probably should've mentioned that I'm using restock) So... idk what I should do now

I am getting these NullRefs spammed in my log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleEngines.ThrustUpdate () [0x00207] in <cf1abf6b50ac49c3b967fb61a43f1e5f>:0 
  at ModuleEngines.FixedUpdate () [0x0005c] in <cf1abf6b50ac49c3b967fb61a43f1e5f>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

(Filename: <cf1abf6b50ac49c3b967fb61a43f1e5f> Line: 0)

Based on my troubleshooting, it seems to be caused by Waterfall, specifically Plugins/Waterfall.dll, as it fails to show up if I delete Waterfall or the dll.

Can someone please tell me how to fix it?

I am running KSP 1.11.2 with 100+ mods on a Mac.

I posted this in Modded Technical Support, but that was before I realised that Waterfall was the issue.

EDIT: nvm, reinstalled tweakscale companion and it got fixed, probably was the NFLV waterfall stuff.

Edited by 1something

On 8/14/2020 at 6:04 PM, Nertea said:

Supported Mods

You need configuration packs for this to do anything. Currently there are only one; other mods will likely ship configs for this. If you release a mod that supports Waterfall you can let me know and I'll add it here. 

Any chance there's an updated list/repository somewhere? Are there any other mods that have added in support stuff?

2 hours ago, Bizobinator said:

Any chance there's an updated list/repository somewhere? Are there any other mods that have added in support stuff?

It's really hard to maintain such a list so no. I know BDB has good support I guess?

On 10/16/2022 at 3:49 AM, PrimeDirective96 said:

What's causing this to happen?

https://imgur.com/a/P0gwZAK

I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking at.

On 10/15/2022 at 11:47 PM, 1something said:

probably was the NFLV waterfall stuff.

This seems unlikely because I manage that myself and there's no issues 

6 hours ago, Nertea said:

It's really hard to maintain such a list so no. I know BDB has good support I guess?

Picture shows Engine Exhaust becomes invisible, happens sometimes for no apparent reason.

On 10/23/2022 at 4:18 AM, Nertea said:

I troubleshooted the problem at traced the errors to tweakscale companion, and I'm assuming it occurred because I messed with some of the files in NFLV.  I reinstalled it and its okay now.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know an addon that gives better plumes to the kerbal atomics engines? Something like what the candle from recycled parts has. the vibrant magenta is much better that the muted pink. The candle uses 2 waterfall modules so im not sure how i would apply it myself.

yosbIAA.png