[1.12.x] Waterfall - a framework for continuous, mesh-driven engine effects (Aug 2)

Nertea

2 hours ago, Kerballlistic07 said:

Hey! Love this mod, but am wondering if there is a similar mod for solid rocket boosters. I like to use both liquid and solid and my vehicles, and the stock effects just don't look good with waterfall. Thanks!

I have been experiencing a bizarre bug where plumes using waterfall display through the craft and the ground.

I am led to believe that this is an issue with waterfall due to multiple isolated tests with only waterfall and mods with waterfall configs.

If it matters, I use a Mac running on an Apple M1 chip and up-to date software.

This bug happens with multiple engines. A few affected are:

- Vector and Mammoth using Methalox and Hydrolox plumes. No bug occurs using the Stratenblitz plume. (using Stock Waterfall Effects).

- Nerv, using Stock Waterfall Effects.

and...

- Starship Expansion Project Booster 33/29 Engine Cluster using Fossil's plume mod for SEP

- Raptor Center and Raptor Boost engines using Fossil's plume mod for SEP.

Linked here are some screenshots of the plume bug

Edited by FloridaMan747
attached wrong link

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 10:14 PM, FloridaMan747 said:

I have been experiencing a bizarre bug where plumes using waterfall display through the craft and the ground.

I am led to believe that this is an issue with waterfall due to multiple isolated tests with only waterfall and mods with waterfall configs.

- Vector and Mammoth using Methalox and Hydrolox plumes. No bug occurs using the Stratenblitz plume. (using Stock Waterfall Effects).

and...

- Starship Expansion Project Booster 33/29 Engine Cluster using Fossil's plume mod for SEP

I have this same issue with some mod's RCS plumes and SRB waterfall plumes. Also on Mac. It's a shame nertea is MIA. Hopefully someone adopts his mods.

Hi ! I'd like to make a waterfall config for the mod Aemer Factory that is currently in pause

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/topic/210246-1123-european-space-agency-rocket-kit-03/

I tried the waterfall "guide" on the wiki but it was confusing for me ,I just want to ask if there is some guides or tuto that is  more simple to understand and to apply

Thanks in advance.:D

• 3 weeks later...

A request for someone to adopt this mod or someone with Mac experience to maintain and improve waterfall.
Numerous Mac users including me have issues with the shaders. Certain plumes will often appear through objects. Waterfall is a groundbreaking mod and it's a bummer that it doesn't work fully on macOS. I know nertea is retired but hopefully someone can adopt his mods.  

Great examples of the issue:

On 6/13/2023 at 10:14 PM, FloridaMan747 said:

and...

I have a somewhat unusual question here: how might I set up a waterfall controller to read from a systemheat radiator? Ideally from its loop temperature , the way the heat animator does. The documentation in the wiki wasn't helpful in that regard, so I tried reading the source on the github to figure out how I might do it that way, but had trouble finding everything I needed, and ultimately couldn't figure it out that way either (I gathered it'd probably have something to do with the custom push controller, but found nothing I could use to figure out how to use that controller)

If it comes down to needing to make a .dll I'm not entirely against the idea, but ultimately my question still applies there for the same reasons of being unable to fully figure out how its controller code works

• 3 weeks later...

i am experiencing a lot of lag with waterfall. i thought it was my system but when i ran the game with afterburner, i noticed that my gpu is not getting utilized at all. the game runs just fine without waterfall. anything i can do to fix this?

On 8/11/2023 at 10:38 AM, Akagi said:

I have FFT installed with Waterfall bundled, how do I turn it on?

You shouldn't need to turn it on - if it's not showing up, double-check that it actually does have Waterfall (and not e.g. a set of plume templates put in the Waterfall folder) bundled.

• 1 month later...

I'm having an issue, the waterfall folder is unzipped and placed into the KSP gamedata folder,  (Windows C:/programfiles (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/KSP/gamedata) but plumes, FX, etc aren't showing or creating sound. Am I missing something? If so please tell me, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, author, I would like to ask if there is no localization language developed for this mod, because the language displayed when I use this mod is different from my mother tongue. Then I try to find out how to localize the language, but I don't know how to do it.
May I ask if you have time to customize and localize this mod? I think this mod of yours will be used by many people.
When using this mod of yours, I often need translation software to roughly know its use, so can you help me? Thank you. I asked questions on gihub, but after a long time no one replied to me, I came to this forum to reply to your message. Please forgive me if you disturb me

Edited by A卡剋

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I already installed waterfall through ckan, now I decided I want to install restock.  Do I just simply download/install Restock-Waterfall 0.2.3  now? Is there anything I need to uninstall?

EDIT:  I have Stock Waterfall Effects by Knightofstjohn Installed now.

Edited by viperwolf

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I reinstalled again the same way, somehow it's fixed now. I don't know what was wrong but it's gone now, lol. Consider it resolved.

I've borked something. Is anyone able to help me fix these missing textures? I tried reinstalling but it added back the issue, I have to assume I did something wrong.

8pclgtidu0gc1.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s

log

Edited by ElonsMusk
fixed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I just found out how to add mods, and I got Kerbal Engineer(So good) and Scatterer(Also so good), But Scatterer doesn't have good engine plumes so I want to add Waterfall to it, But the Waterfall have 

Which should I download? Stock Waterfall Effects doesn't work

35 minutes ago, Andrew1233 said:

Hi! I just found out how to add mods, and I got Kerbal Engineer(So good) and Scatterer(Also so good), But Scatterer doesn't have good engine plumes so I want to add Waterfall to it, But the Waterfall have 

Which should I download? Stock Waterfall Effects doesn't work

What helps a lot is CKAN, but that's a topic for another reply.

What you want is to download the Waterfall framework, "the magic beans", the most recent version will be fine.

Then you add the modpacks, "fertilizer". You can add ReStock (very much recommended), but I'll explain Stock Waterfall Effects.

Put both folders, "Waterfall" and "StockWaterfallEffects" into the GameData, and you should have some glorious plumes.

Now CKAN is simply awesome.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases

Download the most recent version, tell it where the KSP folder is, probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Kerbal Space Program\GameData, and then pick the mods you want. CKAN takes care of the rest!

29 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

What helps a lot is CKAN, but that's a topic for another reply.

What you want is to download the Waterfall framework, "the magic beans", the most recent version will be fine.

Then you add the modpacks, "fertilizer". You can add ReStock (very much recommended), but I'll explain Stock Waterfall Effects.

Put both folders, "Waterfall" and "StockWaterfallEffects" into the GameData, and you should have some glorious plumes.

Now CKAN is simply awesome.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases

Download the most recent version, tell it where the KSP folder is, probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Kerbal Space Program\GameData, and then pick the mods you want. CKAN takes care of the rest!

So I need ReStock? I'd love it, but might have some aerodynamic problem with sstos, that's another problem dont worry, or do I need CKAN

Just now, Andrew1233 said:

So I need ReStock? I'd love it, but might have some aerodynamic problem with sstos, that's another problem dont worry, or do I need CKAN

And where do I find StockWaterFallEffects?

11 hours ago, Andrew1233 said:

And where do I find StockWaterFallEffects?

You have to go to the GitHub, and then it should show a list of versions to download.

ReStock only changes the looks, it doesn't change the physics. You don't have to install it if you want.

4 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

You have to go to the GitHub, and then it should show a list of versions to download.

ReStock only changes the looks, it doesn't change the physics. You don't have to install it if you want.

Oh, so I just download ReStock and then down load the waterfall for restock? 

Just now, Andrew1233 said:

I'm not sure tho, ReStock I can only find versions for 1.12.2 or 1.12.3

4 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

And I'm playing with 1.12.5

19 minutes ago, Andrew1233 said:

I'm not sure tho, ReStock I can only find versions for 1.12.2 or 1.12.3

And I'm playing with 1.12.5

Latest release of restock was for 1.12.3 but it works in 1.12.5 because this were minor updates.