Uhh devs/mods we got a problem

Souptime

I found a website giving uot free KSP 1.9.1 all DLC's when searching up how to make a mod. Its defo a virus because i accidentally clicked download. Thankfully the computer stopped it and if you DM me i can give the link (TO MODERATORS/DEVELOPERS ONLY I WONT GIVE FREE KSP OKAY)

1 hour ago, Souptime said:

I found a website giving uot free KSP 1.9.1 all DLC's when searching up how to make a mod. Its defo a virus because i accidentally clicked download. Thankfully the computer stopped it and if you DM me i can give the link (TO MODERATORS/DEVELOPERS ONLY I WONT GIVE FREE KSP OKAY)

Welcome to the Internet. This is common place and literally nothing can be done about it. 

6 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Gosh why do pirates exist

Speaking only for some, but certainly not this case (difference between using and sharing, ay?): testing before taking decision to buy or not. Many games lack free demos these days, and many people can't just afford to buy full game for 50 bucks and then refund it after 2 hours because they didn't like it. And no, watching someone else playing doesn't cover it usually.

Did I pirate games? Yes I did, as a kid, with very little money on my side (so "hey mom can I buy the game?" was not possible when we barely had enough to make it to the end of the month). Did I buy most of them once I could afford it, despite playing them for many hours before? Also yes.

8 hours ago, Souptime said:

Its defo a virus because i accidentally clicked download.

Cool, which virus was it?
...Or did you just assume "virus" because your browser/OS said "untrusted file/site"... :P

4 hours ago, Greenfire32 said:

"accidentally"

Yeah... Sounds like his mouse just slipped onto the download button, those things have a mind of their own. ;)
To be fair though, I occasionally download uber-suspicious things so I can spin up a disposable VM and see what's in them, for "research". Viruses are pretty interesting things.

6 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Gosh why do pirates exist people do things I don't agree with

FTFY.
People do things for all sorts of reasons, and it'd be both pointless and extremely time-consuming to try and explain all the reasons people might pirate games.

A better question might be: Why do people make drama out of finding yet another pirated copy of the game for download, instead of just quietly PMing a moderator?