Couldn't play this year due to this old bug. Anybody?

Hi @Dopester, welcome to the forum, just a shame that it was a serious issue with the game the brought you here! I've seen that error on my machine once or twice, but I think it was related to low memory. What are your system specs, please, and are you running a 64 bit operating system or 32 bit?

Hi! I've been running the game since launch with these specs:

AMD FX-8350 stock

16GB RAM

Radeon R9 380 4GB

Windows 10 Home, v2004 (64bit)

I tried a couple of the standard suggestions from the forum, like command line arguments and older graphics drivers but that didn't help back when i saw this crash for the first time and it still doesn't.

Edit: Oh, sorry I forgot to mention that I also tried a couple clean reinstalls and am running it without mods.

Edited by Dopester

On 9/18/2020 at 1:48 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

How did you do the installs?  If Steam, did you manually delete ALL the files before reinstalling?

Via GOG installer downloads, not their Steam-equivalent. Uninstalls only through Windows control panel.

On 9/18/2020 at 1:50 PM, Deddly said:

Also, did you verify files? 

If you mean like through the Steam client, then no since I'm using GOG. If you mean through the KSP launcher (I don't remember if that's possible) then no, too, since the launcher.exe crashes with the same error.

On 9/18/2020 at 12:47 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

This is right at the top of the log:

Failed loading assembly Managed/UnityEngine.GridModule.dll
Loading assembly failed: "Managed/UnityEngine.GridModule.dll"

That file should be in ksp_x64_data/managed, check if it’s there and if it is, it may be corrupted.

It's there alright. How can I check whether it's corrupted when I'm not using Steam? Would be great if that's all it is but I doubt it. I uninstalled, re-downloaded and re-installed different versions multiple times over the months.

Edited by Dopester

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.