--Solved-- Big ship just explodes.

Alright , everything seems to be working . :) 11/11/.2020.

Photos from the nearly accomplished mission :(

https://ibb.co/ZTFGB3w
https://ibb.co/ThwBM2f

Hello everyone .

I have this problem where in career i have to make a relatively big ship in order to put it as an outpost at Minmun .
The ship by all means is not as big as some others i see on youtube , yet i can't make it launch without separating at the very first second and it ends up in flames and explosions. 
I am not new to the game and i bought it for the first time back when only the Mun was the only place to go .
So the game seems to lag for a very short period of time and then most of its parts get separated from each other , i tried autostrut , i tried manually putting some struts , i tried putting the max physics delta time at higher values ( strangely enough lower value have better results ) .The outpost has 8 kerbals inside.
What is going on ? big ships just go boom ! The most strange thing of all is that my new computer has this problems , with my old one where i was playing with only 6 frames when i was launching big ships i did not have so much restriction , can you help ?
Thanks in advance ,
Crimson.
Edited by MonkCrimson

Try adding struts to strengthen the build (there is an auto strut feature that helps with this. In the main menu options menu, look out for "Advanced Tweakables", after this is active, you have some more right-click options on your rocket while constructing it)

Keep a close eye on anything dropped as you stage, if the boosters drop at a bad angle they will hit the main rocket.

Or try launching the payload in smaller pieces, and then dock it together in orbit after 2 launches (This is the more difficult method, but once you get the hang of it, its an invaluable skill that sets you apart to do some insane missions)

30 minutes ago, MonkCrimson said:

Hello everyone .

I have this problem where in career i have to make a relatively big ship in order to put it as an outpost at Minmun .
The ship by all means is not as big as some others i see on youtube , yet i can't make it launch without separating at the very first second and it ends up in flames and explosions. 
I am not new to the game and i bought it for the first time back when only the Mun was the only place to go .
So the game seems to lag for a very short period of time and then most of its parts get separated from each other , i tried autostrut , i tried manually putting some struts , i tried putting the max physics delta time at higher values ( strangely enough lower value have better results ) .The outpost has 8 kerbals inside.
What is going on ? big ships just go boom ! The most strange thing of all is that my new computer has this problems , with my old one where i was playing with only 6 frames when i was launching big ships i did not have so much restriction , can you help ?
Thanks in advance ,
Crimson.

A picture of the craft would help, also a craft file

On 11/9/2020 at 2:40 PM, Blaarkies said:

Try adding struts to strengthen the build (there is an auto strut feature that helps with this. In the main menu options menu, look out for "Advanced Tweakables", after this is active, you have some more right-click options on your rocket while constructing it)

Keep a close eye on anything dropped as you stage, if the boosters drop at a bad angle they will hit the main rocket.

Or try launching the payload in smaller pieces, and then dock it together in orbit after 2 launches (This is the more difficult method, but once you get the hang of it, its an invaluable skill that sets you apart to do some insane missions)

plz read all of the above , i have already done most of the that you mention.

It could be a number of things. Alright, you need to chill out, we are trying to help you, we ain't tryna make you look stupid, if it don't work at first, try to add more struts. It may be the fact you have too much weight on the engine bells, or have missed a strut placement. 

16 hours ago, MonkCrimson said:

plz read all of the above , i have already done most of the that you mention.

Great for you, now try to split the payload and dock it in orbit, that way you'll have something that looks like a rocket.

Monstrosities tend to break the launch pad if they are sitting directly on it. Launch clamps can fix this.

OK problem solved ,

So that launch pad has a metalic rack in the middle right ? That rack is not at the same height with the top of the concrete ,
i realized that when i was meshing with some handmade landing pistons , the foot i had on them was getting exlode in that
differensial in height , maybe this can be avoided with having a absolutely flat top at the launch pad .
Also most of the problem was solved by using those ''launch stability enhancements'' that look like a crane , having the ship in 
mid-air helps alot with those problems.

And maybe yes the TWR is a overkill but i manage with those solid-state rockets to do some things that are complicated to type ,
but THX! for the advice i will try to make ships go in more stages than 2 in order to have cost-efficiency .
Edited by MonkCrimson

3 hours ago, Blaarkies said:

Great for you, now try to split the payload and dock it in orbit, that way you'll have something that looks like a rocket.

Monstrosities tend to break the launch pad if they are sitting directly on it. Launch clamps can fix this.

Ok then , thanks for the advice. But even if it is a monster it should not break , this is not happening in ready to play games.

Also i managed to surpass the problem and did the quests i needed , and it went like a walk in the park this time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.