Invent Something

Miguelsgamingch

INVENT SOMETHING

I Was At Online School And Uh I Then Think Of This!

RULES

-Follow The Forum Rules

-Do Not Invent Inappropriate Inventions

HOW TO PLAY

Invent Or Make A Concept Of Something Weird, Funny Or Anything You Think

You Can Post Images Of Your Concept Too!

BEST INVENTIONS!

Doped Magnetohydrodynamic Drive By @starcaptain

Spoiler

Doped Magnetohydrodynamic Drive

Magneto-Hydrodynamic Drives (MHDs) are like magnetic rail guns except they use water as the conducting medium instead of a metal bullet, and the barrel thus becomes a thruster with no moving parts. The drawback is that water (even saltwater) is a rubbish conductor compared to metal, so their energy efficiency is terribad. Short of only making boats in lakes of mercury, something needs to improve the conductivity of the liquid to increase their thrust.

My idea is to dope the liquid stream of water with, say, iron particles, or magnesium. Iron and magnesium are great conductors. They would easily get pulled along the MHD thruster tube, and agitate the water as they travelled. The water would get pulled along with much greater efficiency and speed, increasing the thrust. I'm sure large shipping companies would be interested in energy-efficient and reliable power plants to replace the aging container fleets of the world.

The downsides would be the question of how to disperse adequate amounts of metal powder ahead of the thruster, and how to collect it from the thrust stream after it's been used. My first thought is permanent magnets, but those would get clogged quickly and need to be cleaned somehow. And a magnet-cleaner + powder spreader system might be more mechanically complex than the trouble is worth. I don't know.

Also, I suggest iron and magnesium because these elements are already very present in oceans as it is. So it wouldn't be a big deal if some of the powder escapes the propulsion system.

I Will Go First

BANANA JET!

Airplane And Banna Put together And you have a banana Jet

Edited by Miguelsgamingch

Doped Magnetohydrodynamic Drive

Magneto-Hydrodynamic Drives (MHDs) are like magnetic rail guns except they use water as the conducting medium instead of a metal bullet, and the barrel thus becomes a thruster with no moving parts. The drawback is that water (even saltwater) is a rubbish conductor compared to metal, so their energy efficiency is terribad. Short of only making boats in lakes of mercury, something needs to improve the conductivity of the liquid to increase their thrust.

My idea is to dope the liquid stream of water with, say, iron particles, or magnesium. Iron and magnesium are great conductors. They would easily get pulled along the MHD thruster tube, and agitate the water as they travelled. The water would get pulled along with much greater efficiency and speed, increasing the thrust. I'm sure large shipping companies would be interested in energy-efficient and reliable power plants to replace the aging container fleets of the world.

The downsides would be the question of how to disperse adequate amounts of metal powder ahead of the thruster, and how to collect it from the thrust stream after it's been used. My first thought is permanent magnets, but those would get clogged quickly and need to be cleaned somehow. And a magnet-cleaner + powder spreader system might be more mechanically complex than the trouble is worth. I don't know.

Also, I suggest iron and magnesium because these elements are already very present in oceans as it is. So it wouldn't be a big deal if some of the powder escapes the propulsion system.

Self-Cleaning Carpet

Wouldn't that be awesome?

Edited by starcaptain

The Perfect Lego Sticker Putter (PLSP)

This device simply puts on lego stickers perfectly. All you do is put in the sticker, select the lego pack, and it does its magic!

Please note that if the sticker isn't put in correctly, the device will malfunction and maybe possibly turn all your legos into water. Use with caution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.